Who said these gems?

DKW 86

1) On defensive tackle 'JOHN DOE' desire to be traded, Coach X said:

‘We don’t have any of this stuff: ‘When it doesn’t work here, let me go someplace else. That’s not how it is. This is the real world. It’s business. You have a job. You have a responsibility.’

2) And there’s this one from Coach Y:

"The best way to disrespect someone is to just walk away from them."

‘We don’t have any of this stuff: ‘When it doesn’t work here, let me go someplace else. That’s not how it is. This is the real world. It’s business. You have a job. You have a responsibility.’

Oh, I'd have to go with Slick Nick.... :)

:au::homer:

Oh, I'd have to go with Slick Nick.... :)

:thumbsup:

Who said "the only way I'm leaving Oxford is in a pine box"?

Johnny Vaught? :rolleyes:

Weak....

I don't understand how its any weaker than the crap you guys keep repeating. It's coachspeak just the same.

Weak....

I don't understand how its any weaker than the crap you guys keep repeating. It's coachspeak just the same.

BG, the difference is that for eight years we have put up with it. You guys dished it out relentlessly for eight long years. PF etc. Now that you guys are having take it, you are pretty much squealing like a bunch of little girls.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Get used to it.

BG i'm w/ you. Tubbs did exactly the same thing. Who cares anyway?

So if you're looking into getting another job at work, who tells their present employer?

BG, the difference is that for eight years we have put up with it. You guys dished it out relentlessly for eight long years. PF etc. Now that you guys are having take it, you are pretty much squealing like a bunch of little girls.

Exactly. So you're bringing up what Saban said...fair play says I can bring up what CTT said. Fire away.

BG you still forget the inherent difference between what CTT did and what CN$ did, CTT left Ole Miss after taking a program from probation to a yearly SEC contender and the lied said he wouldn't leave ole miss, and then did.

CN$ took a program that was over the salary cap and in the gutter and left it below the cap and in the gutter after promising to return it to prominence. He then said that he wouldn't leave Miami, he then said that he would not coach at alabama, and then took the job at alabama.

One instance of coachspeak is somewhat lessened when you compare it to what CTT did for that program. Had CN$ brought miami back to prominence and perhaps into the playoffs, his actions as of late wouldn't be so bad, but he left a job in the dust when he realized its bigger than he is and not only lied about leaving, but lied about where he was going. Also, when CN$ left he announced it through what? Email? please, his first press conference about it was in t-town far away from all the people that he knew would be pissed at him. I don't agree with what CTT did, but it was nothing compared to the actions of the bahr reincarnate.

Exactly. So you're bringing up what Saban said...fair play says I can bring up what CTT said. Fire away.

Apparently you missed the eight year head start thingy..

What the heck, I'll take another swing at the dead horse:

I do think CTT was wrong to make his comment at Ole Miss. But that was eight years ago. He's been stable ever since, behind only Fulmer in the SEC in terms of current seniority at one school, and has established a reputation for ethical behavior and Christian discipleship. He did a good job at both Ole Miss and Auburn and gave them their money's worth. He only said "They'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box" once, and it falls more under the heading of generalized "coachspeak" to me because it's a hyperbolized metaphor and does not directly address any other particular school.

CNS meanwhile has a reputation for leaving for greener pastures. His chasing of other school's commitments while saying "if you shop, we'll shop" to his own seems hypocritical and raises questions about his ethics in my mind. He did not, in my opinion, give Miami what they paid for. He said not once, but multiple times that he wasn't interested in the Bama job. And "I will not be the coach at Alabama" is direct, names a specific school, and cannot be interpreted in any way as a generalized statement, or just "coachspeak".

CTT was wrong, but CNS is "wronger"--at least that's my feeling about it, anyway. I now relinquish the bat to the next person who wants to take a swing at the horse.

I do think CTT was wrong to make his comment at Ole Miss. But that was eight years ago. He's been stable ever since, behind only Fulmer in the SEC in terms of current seniority at one school, and has established a reputation for ethical behavior and Christian discipleship. He did a good job at both Ole Miss and Auburn and gave them their money's worth. He only said "They'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box" once, and it falls more under the heading of generalized "coachspeak" to me because it's a hyperbolized metaphor and does not directly address any other particular school.

CNS meanwhile has a reputation for leaving for greener pastures. His chasing of other school's commitments while saying "if you shop, we'll shop" to his own seems hypocritical and raises questions about his ethics in my mind. He did not, in my opinion, give Miami what they paid for. He said not once, but multiple times that he wasn't interested in the Bama job. And "I will not be the coach at Alabama" is direct, names a specific school, and cannot be interpreted in any way as a generalized statement, or just "coachspeak".

CTT was wrong, but CNS is "wronger"--at least that's my feeling about it, anyway. I now relinquish the bat to the next person who wants to take a swing at the horse.

That's my line of thought also. I never saw a press conference of CTT and the '"pine box" statement but we saw CNS's denial and even getting irritated when asked about it. I guess, at the time, he didn't realize the depth of bama's pockets or how effortlessly he wold rise to "God" status just by taking their money.

Weak....

You know I think Fran has said that the only way he will leave A&M is in a pine box, and I think that they have started to collect the pine.

Weak....

You know I think Fran has said that the only way he will leave A&M is in a pine box, and I think that they have started to collect the pine.

HEE HEE...good one! :thumbsup:

That's my line of thought also. I never saw a press conference of CTT and the '"pine box" statement but we saw CNS's denial and even getting irritated when asked about it. I guess, at the time, he didn't realize the depth of bama's pockets or how effortlessly he wold rise to "God" status just by taking their money.

The pine box statement may actually be an urban legend. But like Bama's 12 NC myth, it's been said enough some people believe it. Saban's lies are well documented.

The pine box statement may actually be an urban legend. But like Bama's 12 NC myth, it's been said enough some people believe it. Saban's lies are well documented.

I think if I remember correctly, the pine box statement was in the newspaper as a quote from CTT.

I think if I remember correctly, the pine box statement was in the newspaper as a quote from CTT.

If you remember correctly, it was in ONE newspaper -- the Rebel honking rag, the Clarion Ledger -- and as it has been relayed to me the comment was completely misconstrued. It actually was something like "if I comment on that, they'll have to carry me out of here in a pine box." Big, big, big difference.

Finebaum likes to play the audio clip of Tuberville saying, "No, I was not interviewing in Auburn last night. I hate it when rumors like this come up." None of that was a bald-faced as Nicky-pooh's "I will not be the Alabama coach," and his follow-up the next few days where he ATTACKED the media for bringing it up again.

Pine box is a radio interview clip from what I know. I know PF has used it.

I've never heard it. I have heard that whatever he said was taken out of context and misconstrued.

If he said it, he said it. It was a good line. But it was a one time, flip thing. It's clearly different than Saban's three-time pattern of fabrication.

Pine box is a radio interview clip from what I know. I know PF has used it.

I've never heard it. I have heard that whatever he said was taken out of context and misconstrued.

If he said it, he said it. It was a good line. But it was a one time, flip thing. It's clearly different than Saban's three-time pattern of fabrication.

Yeah, it is sort of funny how the Bama fans have used the "pine box" statement ad nauseum to make themselves feel better about the over priced liar they hired as a coach.

"Yeah...but...pine box, pine box, pine box,ect."

Archived