Eggs and bacon and grits, oh my!

BAMMERPERRY

My wife and I usually go to Cracker Barrel on Saturday mornings. We went today but it was covered up due to the state wrestling tourney in Pelham. So we opted for IHOP. Sorely disappointed. Service was bad, food was sub par. Man I love my Cracker Barrel on Saturday mornings. "Old Timer's Breakfast" with sausage, scrambled eggs, grits, hashbrown casserole. Their coffe isn't that great but the food more than makes up for it!

I www_MyEmoticons_com__heartbeat.gif20031114174754471_4.jpg

Hard to beat an Old Timers Cracker Barrel Breakfast.

My wife and I usually go to Cracker Barrel on Saturday mornings. We went today but it was covered up due to the state wrestling tourney in Pelham. So we opted for IHOP. Sorely disappointed. Service was bad, food was sub par. Man I love my Cracker Barrel on Saturday mornings. "Old Timer's Breakfast" with sausage, scrambled eggs, grits, hashbrown casserole. Their coffe isn't that great but the food more than makes up for it!

There's a little home owned cafe about a mile from my house. Saturday morning I always take my daughters to breakfast and leave the wife at home. Breakfast goes like this:

Two eggs over medium

A slice of ham

Two pieces of sausage

Four triangles of buttered toast or two fluffy biscuits (with grape jelly)

Small bowl of grits

Hash browns

Tall glass of Dr. Pepper or Mt. Dew

The girls have usually have two pancakes and bacon with a side of grits.

I get out of there for under $15 total. And it beats the double dog hell out of any Cracker Barrel in the world.

There's a little home owned cafe about a mile from my house. Saturday morning I always take my daughters to breakfast and leave the wife at home. Breakfast goes like this:

Two eggs over medium

A slice of ham

Two pieces of sausage

Four triangles of buttered toast or two fluffy biscuits (with grape jelly)

Small bowl of grits

Hash browns

Tall glass of Dr. Pepper or Mt. Dew

The girls have usually have two pancakes and bacon with a side of grits.

I get out of there for under $15 total. And it beats the double dog hell out of any Cracker Barrel in the world.

Sounds great, but a little out of the way for me.

Cocoa Pebbles are the shizit

I love cracker barrel mmmmm

A egg bacon and cheese sandwich man it dont get no better than that

and grape jelly on biscuits!

Sorry to get "off-topic", but...

It's sad that you're proud of the fact that 53% percent think it's ok, while 47% think it's not only offensive, but it is a fireable offense. Take out the moronic bammers such as yourself that puffed Alabama up to 74% (no other state is over 60% red). Take crimson goggled bammers out of the mix and a pretty solid majority would agree that it is offensive enough that he should be fired because of it.

Even with the bammer padding, if 47% of America is so offended that they want to see him fired over this, what does this say? It's offensive to enough people that he shouldn't have said it, and it is and should be an issue of concern. Even more telling is the fact that Louisiana is 68% blue. I guess that lays to rest the claims that people from that area consider it a term of endearment when coming from an outsider.

But back on topic.

I'm a Count Chocula person myself.

There is nothing like a chicken egg and cheese bagel from Chick-Fil-A. Then, on Sundays, the chicken biscuit with honey butter from Whataburger will fill the bill.

Scattered, smothered, covered, chunked, diced, peppered, and capped hashbrowns from Waffle House are always good. Their coffee is pretty good, too.

Archived