Standing in the Shadows

whiteplainstiger

I've seen where some bammar site is selling the shadow picture/painting with bryant/saban. If you look, it looks like the artist(?) just removed shula's head and tried puting on a very unrealistic head of saban. bryant was a big man. This picture makes saban look the equal. saban would have to grow about 6 inches and put on 30 pounds to meet this representation.

Again, the bammars have no concept of reality..........

I'm blocking on one of those coaches - Ray Perkins, Bill Curry, Gene Stallings, Mike Dubose, ?, Mike Price, Mike Shula, $aban - there have just been so many. Help me out here!

thanks for the new sig pic!

You need to put this under Stallings. "won a MNC - gained too much power - forced out".

From L-R:

Ray Perkins, Bill Curry, Gene Stallings, Mike Dubose, Dennis Franchione, Mike Price, Mike Shula, Nick Saban.

Thanks! I guess it just wasn't important enough for me to remember!

bammanmr, I thought curry quit also, to take the Kentucky job. Thought it was right after the '89 game that he started getting so much heat for not ever beating AU that he had just had enough and quit after the bowl game. Maybe you could place him in the same category and fran - quit for BETTER job.....

The reasons you gave for some of those coaches leaving Bammer are not accurate.

Perkins- left Bammer to become head coach of the Tampa Bay Bucaneers

Curry- left Bammer to become head coach at University of Kentucky

Stallings- retired or was forced out because Bammers thought his offense was to conservative.

DuBose- fired

Franchione- left Bammer to become head coach at Texas A&M

Price- fired after he was caugh with a stripper

Shula- fired

Sorry bammanmr,

I had to delete your sig pic. Rule #9:

9) We will leave those that have passed on before us alone. If it is out of respect for family, friends or just common decency, we will refrain from slams below the belt. We here at AUNation are above that. Our Rival posters here are above it as well, or will be gone. If you want to talk ill of Bear, Shug, etc. Go to another board, there you can join in on the local slamfest. You get a free place to express yourself as you want to be heard. Your voice will be protected as much as the next person. We have several forums here and we encourage civil Rivals to join in.

If you want to remove the line about the "dead drunk" and repost, the rest of it is fine.

ok, ok...... i censored the dd thing.

i also changed the perkins line, but his last year there is when they paid for gene jelks...

curry may have left for uk, but he was basically run out of town. he says so himself on a regular basis. to me, that's as good as fired.

2 observations/questions:

1) reminds me of the 'gather at the pole' event they have every year at the high schools.

2) what is shula getting ready to do there?

Archived