"Auburn only beats us when we're down"

TitanTiger

I'll buy the theory that we only beat them if they're down IF they acknowledge the only time they weren't down (ie - average program) was during the Bryant years or while they were cheating. Wait, let me rephrase that.... the only time they weren't down was when they were cheating.

Somebody, somewhere is posting this under the false premise that Bama is not still down. Don't be misled by the Rockstar Hype that Saban is receiving. He is still the coach at Alabama.

Alabama will go 8-4 next year, losing BADLY to LSU and Auburn, losing to UT, and at least one other significant loss. In 2008, they will lose to LSU and Auburn again because the game is in Tuscaloosa. And then.....MARK MY WORDS ON THIS.....in 2009, if Saban does not beat us, he will be GONE.

They didn't pay $40 million to win a MNC. They paid $40 million to beat Auburn.

Somebody, somewhere is posting this under the false premise that Bama is not still down. Don't be misled by the Rockstar Hype that Saban is receiving. He is still the coach at Alabama.

Alabama will go 8-4 next year, losing BADLY to LSU and Auburn, losing to UT, and at least one other significant loss. In 2008, they will lose to LSU and Auburn again because the game is in Tuscaloosa. And then.....MARK MY WORDS ON THIS.....in 2009, if Saban does not beat us, he will be GONE.

They didn't pay $40 million to win a MNC. They paid $40 million to beat Auburn.

I'm not sure yet what their record will be, but 8-4 or better would surprise me. I'm thinking more like 6-6, maybe 7-5....

Seeing as how the series is even the last THIRTY years, I'll take it.

If they were "down" half that time, it's O.K. with me.

They were the defending NC's in '93. We won.

They were number 2 in the nation in '89. We won.

They were a one-loss team in '05, been as high as number three. We won.

I'm sure there are other meaningful victories, but I'm too tired to think about it.

I do love the smell of all the Bammer butts burning while reading these posts. The one way you can tell you are right when talking to a bammer he either shuts up and walks away or gets threatned and pulls out a gun!!!!

Regards

PLAYOFF

Thought this would shed a little more light on some things. Some of this is my own research, and some from our stat legend, stattiger. Enjoy. For you bammers out there, this thread contains factual information that will further debunct the myth that is uat football, read at your own risk No, you can't change the facts...

Let's look at your won/loss record vs. Auburn shall we? UAT leads the series 38-32-1, that's a whopping .543 winning percentage. Translated, that's uat winning just over half....

Now, let's take a look at the records of each team during ONLY the years they played each other...(it's only fair right).

Alabama 504-232-23 That's an average of 7.20 wins and 3.31 losses per season

Auburn 458-243-22 That's an average of 6.54 Wins and 3.47 Losses per season

Alabama has played 759 games during years they played Auburn

Auburn has played 723 games during those years they played Alabama.

So, Alabama has played 36 more games yet doesn't even average a full win more than Auburn??

Alabama has 15 losing seasons in this period

Auburn has 16 losing seasons. Again not much difference. The domination you uaters profess over Auburn, simply doesn't exist.

Now Tennessee isn't my fight, however, UAT holds a 45-37-7 lead in the series, for a .545 winning percentage. Once again barely over half. Now, consider this, Alabama has 32 losses to Auburn, and 37 losses to Tennessee, for a total of 69 losses. Now, uat has lost 307 games in the history of their crooked program, and Auburn and Tennessee account for 22.4% of those losses. That's nearly one out of every 4 losses was to either Auburn or Tennessee. This is fun.

Enjoy everyone....This should be shared with every Auburn and Uat fan you know...

Bama goes 7-5.

Losses to Auburn, UT, LSU, Georgia, and FSU.

Next year will look like Mike Shula never left.

Bama goes 7-5.

Losses to Auburn, UT, LSU, Georgia, and FSU.

Next year will look like Mike Shula never left.

agreeance...however, I think they'll also drop another they shouldn't. My upset pick...Vanderbilt. That would make uat 6-6...AGAIN..

Don't overlook Houston. They've come a long way from being everyone's homecoming game.

I stopped after the first one.

Auburn has 11 seasons where they won 10 games or more.

Alabama has 29.

You think the opportunity for you to beat us with a 10 win team has happened a FEW more times?

The average record of teams you've beat vs teams we've beaten? Why don't you go back and look at our all time winning percentage vs yours.

Nobody bothered to look any of those stats up.

If Bama were to go 7-5 or 6-6, does the Bama spin machine have another setting higher than cranial-rectal inversion denial.

Nah, when this happens they'll just extend the "effects of probation" excuse for another year to cover it.

Alabama has 29.

You think the opportunity for you to beat us with a 10 win team has happened a FEW more times?

The average record of teams you've beat vs teams we've beaten? Why don't you go back and look at our all time winning percentage vs yours.

BG, we are comparing the two schools head to head, nothing else. UAT only has 24 10 win seasons in the years they have played Auburn, not 29. We all know about your 150 10 win seasons...that isn't the point. When BOTH TEAMS have the same number of wins in a season, with winning records, Auburn holds the edge.

7 wins: Auburn leads 12-11

8 wins: Auburn leads 11-7

9 wins: Auburn leads 8-3

10 wins: Auburn leads 3-1

The teams you beat isn't at all relevant in this argument. But see the FACTS i posted in PART II of this little exercise. Seems uat hasn't even averaged ONE complete WIN more than Auburn in the years the two have matched up.... Yes, this includes the 70's, for uat. Yet they've played, what? 36 MORE GAMES over those years?? Uat's best coach went 19-6 against us, but its taken all the other coaches combined to get 19 more wins. 7 (now 8 with the hiring of PiNICKio) since bryant retired, how many coaches were there before him that couldn't beat Auburn either? After all, its the reason uat hired bryant in the first place, to beat auburn, and its the same reason uat hired saban....to beat auburn.

Alabama has 29.

bg technique number 4,579. Totally change the subject and act as though the new subject is the subject we have always been on.

Alabama has 29.

Nevermind...you're a UAT Turd and will obviously never get it... :rolleyes:

This is one of those threads that mimic eighty thousand like it that will end skewed one way on an Auburn board and the other way on a Bama board. All that will have occurred after all is written, is that another bunch of space on a server somewhere will be filled with meaningless chatter.

There is only one way to solve this debate. There is only one way to truly defend the honor of these fine institutions and their football programs. We must dig back into our storied southern past and choose...a duel!

You may choose a fan from any other SEC school to be your spokesman and go between. I personally would prefer pistols at 40 paces, but other gentlemanly weapons would be agreeable as well. We should not be so crass as to suggest dynamite or flamethrowers as they are unfair and decidedly messy.

A neutral site such as Legion Field would be a good place. Thoughts?

There is only one way to solve this debate.

A neutral site such as Legion Field would be a good place. Thoughts?

Auburn has done quite well settling the debate for the past five years. <_<

Glad to help.

PS - Legion Field has never been a neutral site. :no::no::no:

Archived