We've Arrived

Aubie16

"I just received an offer from USC," Moore said. "It feels great to get an offer from USC, but I'm still very open and looking at my options."

"I now have six offers from Washington, Washington State, Oregon, Nebraska, USC and UCLA,"

"I would like to hear from more from Auburn, Michigan, Miami and Texas," Moore said. "I don't think Auburn comes out here much, though."

These are direct quotes from a recruit in California. It is from a rivals premium article so I dont want to say much more and violate the rules...but I had to share at least the quotes this one time.

I think this speaks volumes about our program. Look at the names we are being mentioned with. He even singles us out as wishing we would recruit him.

We are among the nation's elite, and lets not forget that!

:cheer:

That's pretty cool. At the same time, I think we have some work to do until we're consistently at the pinnacle, year after year.

I noticed on another thread that people were scoffing at the possibility of South Florida beating us. I just am not comfortable with this attitude in our fan base. After all, USF beat West Virginia last year. There's simply no such thing as a gimme game anymore, and we shouldn't think otherwise.

Rahim Moore is a beast. Unfortunately, I doubt we dwelve that far when we're in good sttanding for players of his caliber who are closer to our recruiting range and will be easier to recruit.

That would be:

Rahim Moore

Ht: 6-2 Wt: 190

Position: CB

Year: Class of 2008

High School: Susan Miller Dorsey HS

(Los Angeles, CA)

Sorry, his high school is named after a girl. He can't be that good. B)

We are among the nation's elite, and lets not forget that!

:cheer:

I've know that since I was 6 years old...1955. No news there. :)

:au::homer:

If he would like to hear more from us why not look into it? I know that it has been working to keep most of our recruiting in our region, but why not try to expand a little bit. UF, FSU, UGA, UT, and even Bama try to recruit out of the region and some of them have success. I've wondered why we haven't tried to expand a little.

• 1 month later...

Just an interesting little update:

Rahim Moore commited to UCLA a few weeks ago, but now he's apparently drawing some interest from our coaching staff and it may look like we have a chance to steal this kid away. From what I've heard he grew up an Auburn fan (quite surprising) and enjoyed watching Auburn games as a kid; which would explain why he stated he'd "like to hear more" from us. Rivals just ran a new story today suggesting that Moore will likely be brought in for a visit sometime (unsure if its for one of our camps or later on?)...if that happens I'd say we have a pretty good shot with this kid.

Just an interesting little update:

Rahim Moore commited to UCLA a few weeks ago, but now he's apparently drawing some interest from our coaching staff and it may look like we have a chance to steal this kid away. From what I've heard he grew up an Auburn fan (quite surprising) and enjoyed watching Auburn games as a kid; which would explain why he stated he'd "like to hear more" from us. Rivals just ran a new story today suggesting that Moore will likely be brought in for a visit sometime (unsure if its for one of our camps or later on?)...if that happens I'd say we have a pretty good shot with this kid.

I read that as well and it looks like he might be ours to lose.

no offense, but if a 6 foot 2 inch cornerback wants to hear from Auburn....

IMO, Tubs needs to at least get on the phone with this kid. If he gained 30 pounds he'd be bigger than most of our LBs for pete's sake.

A 6'2" CB would be a NICE pickup.

no offense, but if a 6 foot 2 inch cornerback wants to hear from Auburn....

IMO, Tubs needs to at least get on the phone with this kid. If he gained 30 pounds he'd be bigger than most of our LBs for pete's sake.

A 6'2" CB would be a NICE pickup.

When your the best anything out of the state of California you are very good.......

Rivals updated his height to 6'0 so I kinda doubt he's a full 6'2. He also projects best at safety from what I've heard, but I'm sure he'd be fine as a corner as well.

Can you say HOME SICK? I know the kid wants Auburn to recruit him but lets look at the facts. One is he is three thousand miles from here. Two, He is living in one of the largest cities in the US. What a culture shock it would be for him to come to Auburn. There are many other reasons as well. Did I mention that he is three thousand miles away?

Look, I do not have a problem with grabbing the studs in our state and the surronding region and Once you get those guys, Then try for a couple of those great players.

Can you say HOME SICK? I know the kid wants Auburn to recruit him but lets look at the facts. One is he is three thousand miles from here. Two, He is living in one of the largest cities in the US. What a culture shock it would be for him to come to Auburn. There are many other reasons as well. Did I mention that he is three thousand miles away?

Look, I do not have a problem with grabbing the studs in our state and the surronding region and Once you get those guys, Then try for a couple of those great players.

I've seen plenty of kids go from Cali to play for Tennessee, Florida, Michigan, Penn State and so on. Not everyone is prone to being home sick. Why be so dismissive just because of distance? Maybe he wants to get away from life in the big city. Who knows?

If a talented kid from Taiwan wants to play here, I say recruit him.

Archived