Saban gets another

jc4tigers

I'm not really buying the "Asst OL coach" tag. I think this is a recruiting move more than coaching.

good lord how many coaches does he need

As many as it will take to beat Auburn, of course. Here's a better question, how much money will uat spend to beat us?

I know the ncaa puts limits on "field" coaches, but is there any limit to how many coaching/recruiting/liason/staff positions a team can have. It seems like saban has built himself quite a kingdom over in west alabama. At one time lately, CTT had the highest paid staff in the country, I think. I was wondering how his majesty is stacking up pay wise with all these titles and positions he is filling. Is there a list of all of CTT's football staff and how does that compare in numbers and $ to saban's?

i agree i think it's more recruiting as well

Oh, yeah, it is recruiting. A very special type of recruiting. Read this part of the article:

"It seems Martin and Benjamin Russell have developed a strong relationship with the Auburn football program. There are two current Benjamin Russell products on coach Tommy Tuberville's roster with a third on the way.

Starting strong safety Eric Brock enters his senior season in 2007 and backup defensive end Michael Goggans will be heading into his sophomore season.

All-State linebacker Eltoro Freeman also signed a national letter of intent with Auburn in February.

"Auburn has taken a liking to [Martin] and the program, and I hope this expands the opportunities for the students," Bice said. "

Need I say more?

Oh, yeah, it is recruiting. A very special type of recruiting. Read this part of the article:

"It seems Martin and Benjamin Russell have developed a strong relationship with the Auburn football program. There are two current Benjamin Russell products on coach Tommy Tuberville's roster with a third on the way.

Starting strong safety Eric Brock enters his senior season in 2007 and backup defensive end Michael Goggans will be heading into his sophomore season.

All-State linebacker Eltoro Freeman also signed a national letter of intent with Auburn in February.

"Auburn has taken a liking to [Martin] and the program, and I hope this expands the opportunities for the students," Bice said. "

Need I say more?

So anyone want to give an over/under at just how much money will be spent to beat Auburn?

This is starting to remind me of the way Ed Orgeron signs 100 kids every year. Is Saban's plan to be that every player gets his own personal coach? Can you see the press conference

Saban: Good afternoon ladies, gentlmen, and coona**es of the press. I would like to announce that we have hired another coach, a man outstanding in his field (isn't that where we found him, out standing in a field?) our new Joe Willy Parker coach Wayne Chung.

Journalist: Excuse me coach, what is a Joe Willy Parker coach?

Saban: Well we hired him to coach our Joe Willy Parker's. Specifically our third string punter Joe Willy Parker, he was struggling fetching water for the second string punter so we hired coach Chung to break down practice film on him and show him where he was making mistakes.

i thought nobody here really cared?

No...but we do love a good laugh. And Bamar is a joke. :)

:au::homer:

So anyone want to give an over/under at just how much money will be spent to beat Auburn?

Depends on whether you're talking over/under the table. :big:

All of St. Nick's coaches are his job security. After he loses to :au: and fails to bring home all of those championships, he can take some of the heat off of himself by firing some of his 100 coaches. And all of the delusional :ua: fans will still love a loser. :big:

Need I say more?

That's exactly what I was thinking AU Alum. This hiring had more to do w/ "cutting off" a life line to Auburn, than anything else. I don't think it will. Recruits now-a-days don't care whether you are AU or UAT, they just want to go to the school that gives them the most exposure on tv, etc, etc.

Need I say more?

That's exactly what I was thinking AU Alum. This hiring had more to do w/ "cutting off" a life line to Auburn, than anything else. I don't think it will. Recruits now-a-days don't care whether you are AU or UAT, they just want to go to the school that gives them the most exposure on tv, etc, etc.

Won't that be a hoot when it happens? You know since we have a line to them, and we're obviously going to give them the most good exposure, they'll keep coming to Auburn, and all NTP's efforts will be in vain!

All of St. Nick's coaches are his job security. After he loses to :au: and fails to bring home all of those championships, he can take some of the heat off of himself by firing some of his 100 coaches. And all of the delusional :ua: fans will still love a loser. :big:

Exactly what I was thinking. Kind of a good way to pass around blame. And at a school where the expectations are so high he'll be able to have a nice little security blanket. At the same time though, if he gets enough of these Alabama coaches on his staff and rubs them the wrong way for a time or two is all it'd take for things to start blowing up in Bear Incarnate's face.

Later.

If you fall, fall forward.

I guess next he will be going after the Brentwood Academy, TN, and the Dillard, (FL) HS coaches. Both schools have been pipelines to AU.

Archived