bama fans on board

auwallace

Well, I try to keep up with MY Daddy. I only post about Bama because I am considerate enough to think you may like to keep up with YOUR Daddy Too! :roflol:

That's not true. If you were posting about your "daddy" you would have sig pictures like this.

Dye20with20Tommy20Tuberville_Auburn.jpg

Got your Daddy and your Grandaddy in it.

An early loss to Mississippi put him behind in the SEC West race until Ole Miss and Eli fell apart late in the season, getting beaten in the marathon game by Arkansas and then by a 3-8 Mississippi State team. Ole Miss was in the driver's seat and blew it, allowing LSU to play in the SEC Championship Game, where they beat Tennessee in one of the few upsets in that game.

Considering Auburn lost 3 of the last 4 SEC games and still had a chance at the West until the LSU game...don't you think it's AU that fell apart at the end?

And yes...you did beat our butt that year...I admit it...

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Auburn.htm#2001

If Auburn plays LSU the week originally scheduled in 2001 (the week of September 11) there would be no discussion. LSU would have lost and probably lost badly. The direction of both teams was significantly different then. And there's no telling what long-term repercussions that might have had.

You don't anymore know that than a monkey. Just a quick check of the '01 scores: You guys we're 2-0 thanks to a controversial call in the Ole Miss game. LSU was 2-0 with wins over cupcakes. Plus, you'd have been playing them in Tiger Stadium.

"If we weren't on probation" and "If the game was played in September even though I have no evidence to suggest the outcome would be different" aren't even in the same stratosphere when it comes to excuses.

An early loss to Mississippi put him behind in the SEC West race until Ole Miss and Eli fell apart late in the season, getting beaten in the marathon game by Arkansas and then by a 3-8 Mississippi State team. Ole Miss was in the driver's seat and blew it, allowing LSU to play in the SEC Championship Game, where they beat Tennessee in one of the few upsets in that game.

Considering Auburn lost 3 of the last 4 SEC games and still had a chance at the West until the LSU game...don't you think it's AU that fell apart at the end?

And yes...you did beat our butt that year...I admit it...

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Auburn.htm#2001

If Auburn plays LSU the week originally scheduled in 2001 (the week of September 11) there would be no discussion. LSU would have lost and probably lost badly. The direction of both teams was significantly different then. And there's no telling what long-term repercussions that might have had.

You don't anymore know that than a monkey. Just a quick check of the '01 scores: You guys we're 2-0 thanks to a controversial call in the Ole Miss game. LSU was 2-0 with wins over cupcakes. Plus, you'd have been playing them in Tiger Stadium.

"If we weren't on probation" and "If the game was played in September even though I have no evidence to suggest the outcome would be different" aren't even in the same stratosphere when it comes to excuses.

IS TOO, WIN....because he says so! ;)

You guys we're 2-0 thanks to a controversial call in the Ole Miss game.

Can you please refresh my memory? I don't remember any controversial call in that one.

Yeah win, please refresh our memories because I don't remember any wrong call in that game.

Well, in the first quarter an Auburn lineman jumped offsides and the refs. didn't call it. Auburn still had to punt, but the Ole Miss. players became dejected after the no-call and lost all will to fight. Therefore, the no-call turned the game to Auburn's favor.

(Writers note: I have some bammers in my family, so I'm well versed in the art of excuse-making.) :poke:

Archived