bama fans on board

auwallace

okay, i think i've figured out why there is always so much talk about bama on our board and i think it stems from three reasons:

1. BamaPerry- not many places tolerate rival school posters constantly starting new topics to glorify their school. And its not just BP, there are others. If one of us were to go over to any bama message board and post news on auburn they would treat us way worse than calling us butt plug and changing the topic.

2. Bama fans engage us any time we say something negative about them on this board, which is fine, but it leads to arguments which fuel threads.

3. There are more bama fans on this board than i have ever seen on a bama site. Not a negative, i think it makes the board stronger but it also leads to more bama based bickering.

So, i guess what i'm saying is that i'm sick of turds telling us how obsessive we are over them. If one of us starts a topic pointing fun at the tide let it go and see how long that thread sticks around. I welcome discussion from tide fans all the time (my brother is a twice graduated bammer), but quit calling us obsessive when you're the one with an aunation account.

You're not kidding. I went to the Alabama board once, and asked a sincere, innocent question on if Alabama's expectations on Saban were realistic and got BANNED. I didn't call names. I simply asked that, given that Saban took 4-5 years to build up the LSU program, how were fans justifying belief that Alabama would be in the SECCG in the first year?

So, for daring to speak apostasy, I was banned.

okay, i think i've figured out why there is always so much talk about bama on our board and i think it stems from three reasons:

1. BamaPerry- not many places tolerate rival school posters constantly starting new topics to glorify their school. And its not just BP, there are others. If one of us were to go over to any bama message board and post news on auburn they would treat us way worse than calling us butt plug and changing the topic.

2. Bama fans engage us any time we say something negative about them on this board, which is fine, but it leads to arguments which fuel threads.

3. There are more bama fans on this board than i have ever seen on a bama site. Not a negative, i think it makes the board stronger but it also leads to more bama based bickering.

So, i guess what i'm saying is that i'm sick of turds telling us how obsessive we are over them. If one of us starts a topic pointing fun at the tide let it go and see how long that thread sticks around. I welcome discussion from tide fans all the time (my brother is a twice graduated bammer), but quit calling us obsessive when you're the one with an aunation account.

4. It's called a rivalry. That's how it works. You can't see the forest for the trees that you do the same thing to us, which I'm thankful for as that makes this rivalry great. We can't help we don't offer quite as much comedy material to work with as you guys do.

I really think this site has a very good group of Bama fans.

Win/BG fight back without getting personal

Perry is the idiot everyone laughs at

Others come and go without acting too bad

Good mixture, imo

Those Georgia fans though.... :poke:

I am kind of weirded out that I am still the only one.

Probably a good thing though

There was that one guy a year or so ago but man was he an idiot....Perry#2

Those Georgia fans though.... :poke:

I am kind of weirded out that I am still the only one.

Probably a good thing though

There was that one guy a year or so ago but man was he an idiot....Perry#2

Don't forget ugababe from a few years back. She's one of the 5 or 6 people who have actually been banned from the site.

As Chizad said, it's called a rivalry. Not just any rivalry, but one that's consistently rated as one of the most intense in the country like Duke/NC and NY/Boston. If both fan bases weren't at least a little obsessed with the other, then it wouldn't be a rivalry. It's all good.

Oh and by the way. Bama sucks! :big:

I simply asked that, given that Saban took 4-5 years to build up the LSU program, how were fans justifying belief that Alabama would be in the SECCG in the first year?

If that was my first post here...but asked about an AU coach, I may not get banned, but I would get blasted for sure.

BTW, it didn't take Saban 4 years. He went 8-4 his first year after LSU had won 7 in the previous two. And he won the SEC Championship his second season.

Guest Tigrinum Major

BTW, it didn't take Saban 4 years. He went 8-4 his first year after LSU had won 7 in the previous two. And he won backed into the SEC Championship Game and won it his second season.

Fixed that for ya.

BTW, it didn't take Saban 4 years. He went 8-4 his first year after LSU had won 7 in the previous two. And he won backed into the SEC Championship Game and won it his second season.

Fixed that for ya.

How do you figure he backed into it? They went 10-3 that year and WON the game in Atlanta. To me that's winning the SEC. Either way, taking a team 1 year removed from a sub 500 season to winning the SEC title speaks for itself.

Guest Tigrinum Major

An early loss to Mississippi put him behind in the SEC West race until Ole Miss and Eli fell apart late in the season, getting beaten in the marathon game by Arkansas and then by a 3-8 Mississippi State team. Ole Miss was in the driver's seat and blew it, allowing LSU to play in the SEC Championship Game, where they beat Tennessee in one of the few upsets in that game.

I really think this site has a very good group of Bama fans.

Win/BG fight back without getting personal

Perry is the idiot everyone laughs at

Others come and go without acting too bad

Good mixture, imo

That made me giggle. I was thinking the same exact thing.

An early loss to Mississippi put him behind in the SEC West race until Ole Miss and Eli fell apart late in the season, getting beaten in the marathon game by Arkansas and then by a 3-8 Mississippi State team. Ole Miss was in the driver's seat and blew it, allowing LSU to play in the SEC Championship Game, where they beat Tennessee in one of the few upsets in that game.

Considering Auburn lost 3 of the last 4 SEC games and still had a chance at the West until the LSU game...don't you think it's AU that fell apart at the end?

And yes...you did beat our butt that year...I admit it...

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Auburn.htm#2001

Considering Auburn lost 3 of the last 4 SEC games and still had a chance at the West until the LSU game...don't you think it's AU that fell apart at the end?

And yes...you did beat our butt that year...I admit it...

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/scores/Auburn.htm#2001

If Auburn plays LSU the week originally scheduled in 2001 (the week of September 11) there would be no discussion. LSU would have lost and probably lost badly. The direction of both teams was significantly different then. And there's no telling what long-term repercussions that might have had.

Thank you for the welcome. :D

ROLL FREAKIN TIDE!!!!!

In the MUD, like a pig on Sunday mornin'.... Gee...I love saying that. :cheer:

:au::homer:

If Auburn plays LSU the week originally scheduled in 2001 (the week of September 11) there would be no discussion. LSU would have lost and probably lost badly. The direction of both teams was significantly different then. And there's no telling what long-term repercussions that might have had.

Well shucks I thought you guys said we were the only ones who made excuses. Thanks for joining the club.

You lost by 13 points. Winners don't make excuses like "we lost by 13 in November but we would have beaten you in October"

Well, I try to keep up with MY Daddy. I only post about Bama because I am considerate enough to think you may like to keep up with YOUR Daddy Too! :roflol:

There's nothing like kicking the old man's :moon: every year...

Archived