Lame

WinCrimson

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the Mets won today.

"We don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama"

Then why get everyone in the room to sing a big ol' song about it?

Which is worse...singing a song about not giving a damn about the state of Alabama or singing we just beat the hell out of you after you lucked out and kicked a game winning FG in the last couple of seconds after UT fumbled the ball going in to score to put the game away....hmmm.....

Its all in good fun. Granted, it doesn't have the same message as "Hard Fightin Soldier" or "Go to Hell <team>", but its definitely a fun, memorable and bonding moment.

Which is worse...singing a song about not giving a damn about the state of Alabama or singing we just beat the hell out of you after you lucked out and kicked a game winning FG in the last couple of seconds after UT fumbled the ball going in to score to put the game away....hmmm.....

It's the chicken and the egg...

Yeah, what's with that? If the Bammers only did that when they won 40-0 or something I could see it. But the fools still yell that when they squeak one against,,,,say,,,,Duke.

Uhhh, we are 3-0 versus them of late.

Yawn, why are we talking about vols right now?

I'm just trying to stir the pot, DKW. What else is new?

Stir away, I was making fun of the AU brethren caring about the vols.

I have a question. I am not such a big fan of singing Rammer Jammer after a win over a small school or even with the 3 point wins, but what is the difference between us doing this and ya'll throwing the toilet paper up in the tree. You celebrate a win in your way no matter how the win came. Where do we set the line? Should we only celebrate a win of 7 points or more, and it needs to be against a conference team?

BHM, I think the big difference between the two is that you sing the song no matter the margin of victory or the opponent. Can you not see the humor of 92k strong singing "We just beat the hell outta you!" after a come-from-behind victory over Duke, or a last second field goal win over Ole Miss?

We roll Toomer's after every victory, but that is in no way a dig at our opponent (like yours is). We only beat our chests and proclaim "We just beat the hell outta you!" for you guys, and that is just to give you a taste of your own medicine.

I have a question. I am not such a big fan of singing Rammer Jammer after a win over a small school or even with the 3 point wins, but what is the difference between us doing this and ya'll throwing the toilet paper up in the tree. You celebrate a win in your way no matter how the win came. Where do we set the line? Should we only celebrate a win of 7 points or more, and it needs to be against a conference team?

Its pretty hard to compare throwing paper in a tree versus telling a group of people to go to Hell. Rolling a tree is a celebratory action amongst your own fanbase. Shouting "We just beat the Hell out of you" is an antagonistic action. Those are the main distinctions I see.

Its pretty hard to compare throwing paper in a tree versus telling a group of people to go to Hell. Rolling a tree is a celebratory action amongst your own fanbase. Shouting "We just beat the Hell out of you" is an antagonistic action. Those are the main distinctions I see.

I understand that, and I have to say because I am also a Troy fan that I know how it feels to be on the other side of that cheer. Bama played Troy in basketball here in Tuscaloosa, and I sat with the Troy crowd and was for Troy. They beat us and the cheerleaders got right in our face and did the cheer, and I must admit it was not a great feeling, because they were right there, and not a football field length away from us.

But I do feel that I would lot rather someone do this cheer in my face, and use the word Hell than some of the other things that fans from other schools(and ours too) yell at visiting fans. I truly think that showing any form of respect for another school has just passed by the wayside, and is a lost art.

There is one school that I have seen that is great to visiting fans and that is Nebraska. Their fans stand and clap when the visiting school runs on and off the field. It's hard to hate a school like that.

Uh...the only group of fans who tell someone to go to hell in a cheer is Auburn...when they do rammer jammer back to us. We say "Give em Hell Alabama"...you say "Go to hell alabama".

Uh...the only group of fans who tell someone to go to hell in a cheer is Auburn...when they do rammer jammer back to us. We say "Give em Hell Alabama"...you say "Go to hell alabama".

Yea, thats what i was thinking too.... :poke:

Uh, no.

First of all, I heard the MSU Booldawgs chanting word-for-word that same cheer back at Bammer this year.

The LSU Ole Miss Rivalry always has a few Geaux to Hell LSU's and Ole Miss's.

UGA fans sometimes pervert their cheer, Glory, Glory to Ole Georgia, AND TO HELL WITH GEORGIA TECH.

Don't mix your words BG. We aren't the only fanbase that's told another team to go to hell.

We don't need the "Rammer Jammer" debate on here again, so I don't want to continue this dialogue. But you have to admit, Rammer Jammer is a pompous, arrogant, classless cheer and its only in retaliation that Auburn fans have begun twisting Rammer Jammer back around at you.

We don't need the "Rammer Jammer" debate on here again, so I don't want to continue this dialogue. But you have to admit, Rammer Jammer is a pompous, arrogant, classless cheer and its only in retaliation that Auburn fans have begun twisting Rammer Jammer back around at you.

As I've said 1,413 times. You can't say we are asses for saying the cheer...and then, the SECOND you get the chance, you do it back to us. Either they are both classless, or neither are classless. You can't have it both ways.

In all fairness, Auburn has belted out the same tune after beating us. If you don't like the cheer, that's fine. I don't particularly like singing songs I don't like, but that's just me.

Let's not be hypocritical.

Guest Tigrinum Major

As I've said 1,413 times. You can't say we are asses for saying the cheer...and then, the SECOND you get the chance, you do it back to us. Either they are both classless, or neither are classless. You can't have it both ways.

So, if one Auburn fan says its classless, then none of us can sing it back to you?

I've said 1,414 times that I don't have a problem with it. So, don't whine when you get it thrown back in your face.

If you throw a tomato at me and I throw it back at you -- with the clear understanding that I wouldn't have thrown a tomato at you to begin with -- then you can't compare your action with mine. That's not having it both ways.

So, if one Auburn fan says its classless, then none of us can sing it back to you?

I've said 1,414 times that I don't have a problem with it. So, don't whine when you get it thrown back in your face.

I don't whine. I actually think its awesome that you guys do it back. Don't get your dig in unless you expect to get it back at you. That's party of the fun.

In all fairness, Auburn has belted out the same tune after beating us. If you don't like the cheer, that's fine. I don't particularly like singing songs I don't like, but that's just me.

Let's not be hypocritical.

It baffles the mind how you guys can't see the difference between having the classless cheer as YOUR cheer, and having it fed back to you in a way that is both making fun of you while simultaneously giving you a taste of your own medicine.

Epitomy of that "bammer logic" we so often joke about.

Archived