Lame

WinCrimson

In all fairness, Auburn has belted out the same tune after beating us. If you don't like the cheer, that's fine. I don't particularly like singing songs I don't like, but that's just me.

Let's not be hypocritical.

no one is being a hypocrite. as has already been stated, it's a retaliation against bammers for being a bunch of no-class, arrogant chumps, and it obviously riles your fanbase up tremendously (which is the only reason we do it). you are the ONLY school we do it to. you do it to every school you beat, regardless of who they are or how the game turns out.

did you really think you were making a good point?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its pretty hard to compare throwing paper in a tree versus telling a group of people to go to Hell. Rolling a tree is a celebratory action amongst your own fanbase. Shouting "We just beat the Hell out of you" is an antagonistic action. Those are the main distinctions I see.

Uh...the only group of fans who tell someone to go to hell in a cheer is Auburn...when they do rammer jammer back to us. We say "Give em Hell Alabama"...you say "Go to hell alabama".

he was technically wrong. what he meant was, you're the only school who has a cheer that proudly says they "beat the hell out of" a team every time you win.

In all fairness, Auburn has belted out the same tune after beating us. If you don't like the cheer, that's fine. I don't particularly like singing songs I don't like, but that's just me.

no one is being a hypocrite. as has already been stated, it's a retaliation against bammers for being a bunch of no-class, arrogant chumps, and it obviously riles your fanbase up tremendously (which is the only reason we do it). you are the ONLY school we do it to. you do it to every school you beat, regardless of who they are or how the game turns out.

So it's ok to tell someone to "Go to hell" as long as it's in retaliation of "Give em hell"?

You think, as long as someone does something to you...It's okay in every situation to do it back?

And since you've beaten us 5 times in a row, and done it 5 times in a row...doesn't that mean, the last 4 were not in retaliation?

Bottom line, if you have a problem with Bama doing it, but don't have a problem with AU doing it...it's a double standard.

So it's ok to tell someone to "Go to hell" as long as it's in retaliation of "Give em hell"?

You think, as long as someone does something to you...It's okay in every situation to do it back?

And since you've beaten us 5 times in a row, and done it 5 times in a row...doesn't that mean, the last 4 were not in retaliation?

Bottom line, if you have a problem with Bama doing it, but don't have a problem with AU doing it...it's a double standard.

you morons are all the same. WE ARE SLAMMING YOU FOR LOSING TO YOUR RIVAL WITH A BASTARDIZATION OF YOUR OWN CHEER. it's not BECAUSE you use it, it's because you just got stomped and we want to rub the grit in with our heels as deep as possible. you are such a sneaky little weasel, bg. your logic is always so twisted and ridiculous. i really wonder how you people get to have a life where nothing is ever your fault and everyone is always out to get you.

as far as my statement about bammers being classless and arrogant goes, it doesn't have everything to do with that cheer. by all means, use it. we know you're going to. it has more to do with the actions and reactions of your entire backwards-ass, delusional fanbase. rammer jammer is just one tiny portion.

you morons are all the same. WE ARE SLAMMING YOU FOR LOSING TO YOUR RIVAL WITH A BASTARDIZATION OF YOUR OWN CHEER. it's not BECAUSE you use it, it's because you just got stomped and we want to rub the grit in with our heels as deep as possible. you are such a sneaky little weasel, bg. your logic is always so twisted and ridiculous. i really wonder how you people get to have a life where nothing is ever your fault and everyone is always out to get you.

as far as my statement about bammers being classless and arrogant goes, it doesn't have everything to do with that cheer. by all means, use it. we know you're going to. it has more to do with the actions and reactions of your entire backwards-ass, delusional fanbase. rammer jammer is just one tiny portion.

Wow, at least you've learned how to respond without name calling. Sweet retort.

I seriously laughed out loud in my cube when I read that.

CLASSIC example of bammer logic.

Your ability to twist logic to confuse the issue and somehow defend your point truly amazes me.

The dreaded Chewbacca defense.

0330chewbacca.jpg

Your ability to twist logic to confuse the issue and somehow defend your point truly amazes me.

0330chewbacca.jpg

You didn't refute anything I said. So please provide an argument.

0330chewbacca.jpg

You didn't refute anything I said. So please provide an argument.

I think his point was that you actually didn't make a point, you spent your post twisting logic around to try to force it to match your point instead of making an actual argument. Or sumsuch.

0330chewbacca.jpg

"Look at the wookie. Look at the wookie."

0330chewbacca.jpg

"Look at the wookie. Look at the wookie."

"Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, Chef's attorney would certainly want you to believe that his client wrote "Stinky Britches" ten years ago. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it. That does not make sense! Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests."

I think his point was that you actually didn't make a point, you spent your post twisting logic around to try to force it to match your point instead of making an actual argument. Or sumsuch.

Well he would be quite remiss if that was his line of thinking. I made 4 points. One of which was slightly in jest.

If you don't have a good counter to an argument, the best way to respond, i guess...is to just parry and mock the argument.

Well he would be quite remiss if that was his line of thinking. I made 4 points. One of which was slightly in jest.

If you don't have a good counter to an argument, the best way to respond, i guess...is to just parry and mock the argument.

it deserves mocking. if you can't see that, you really ought to take a break.

Yet another retort without any counter argument to my points.

Yet another retort without any counter argument to my points.

it's going to be alright.

Sigh...

What's the point? Arguing with you infinitely goes nowhere because you twist every point until the argument you're defending isn't even the same one you started at so that you never have to be wrong.

It started with someone stating that Rammer Jammer was classless. You respond that if it's classless for uat to say it to us, then it's classless for us to say it back, and thinking otherwise is hypocritical.

You fail to see the satire. You fail to see that it is giving you a taste of your own medicine. You fail to realize that we don't do this or anything similar to any fans besides YOU because we are using YOUR classless chant. You fail to see that we are only doing it to spit your own venom back into your faces when you fail to "beat the hell out of us" (even if by a last second field goal). If you fail to see these things there's really nothing left for me to tell you.

But if I must...

Yes. Because it is a bastardized parody of your chant. Get it? I didn't think so.

This is where you start tangling logic worse than the A/V chords behind my entertainment center. We're not talking about every situation. We're talking about this one. Although in 99% of cases I can think of, I would say my answer is yes anyway, but I refuse to sway the debate further with you.

No. It means we're undeniably perinally better than you. Thanks for the reminder. But seriously, this is you twisting logic again. It's not a case by case basis. The chant is yours. You say it to everyone you beat. When we beat you, we say it to you.

It's poetic justice.

I would be happy to respond to your post, if you would kindly work out your quote tag issues.

Already done before your smartass comment, thanks.

Yes. Because it is a bastardized parody of your chant. Get it? I didn't think so.

So it's ok to tell someone to go to hell as long as you are twisting their words and throwing them back in their face? What about the AU fans who are classy enough to change it to F&@) you alabama? I've heard that one a TON.

This is where you start tangling logic worse than the A/V chords behind my entertainment center. We're not talking about every situation. We're talking about this one. Although in 99% of cases I can think of, I would say my answer is yes anyway, but I refuse to sway the debate further with you.

So even though you guys claim to be soooo much better than us "redneck" fans. And have soooooo much more class...the INSTANT you get the chance to show that you are above all that, you "stoop to our level". Where in that are you the bigger person? You piss an moan for 364 days about how wrong it was that we did that chant...and how it is no class. But as soon as you get the chance to go "you know what, that was a rude cheer, and we are better than that"...you go the other way. And not only do you throw the chant right back in our face, you change "Give em hell" to "Go to hell".

I've said it before...in this thread...I'll say it again. You can't have it both ways. Either it's all in good fun and both sides use it to dig at each other...or BOTH schools are classless for doing it.

If someone thinks people using foul language is rude, and a person walks in the room and uses a bad word...wouldn't it be just as rude to tell them to "STOP F*)@ing CUSSING...ITS RUDE"?

So it's ok to tell someone to go to hell as long as you are twisting their words and throwing them back in their face? What about the AU fans who are classy enough to change it to F&@) you alabama? I've heard that one a TON.

So even though you guys claim to be soooo much better than us "redneck" fans. And have soooooo much more class...the INSTANT you get the chance to show that you are above all that, you "stoop to our level". Where in that are you the bigger person? You piss an moan for 364 days about how wrong it was that we did that chant...and how it is no class. But as soon as you get the chance to go "you know what, that was a rude cheer, and we are better than that"...you go the other way. And not only do you throw the chant right back in our face, you change "Give em hell" to "Go to hell".

I've said it before...in this thread...I'll say it again. You can't have it both ways. Either it's all in good fun and both sides use it to dig at each other...or BOTH schools are classless for doing it.

If someone thinks people using foul language is rude, and a person walks in the room and uses a bad word...wouldn't it be just as rude to tell them to "STOP F*)@ing CUSSING...ITS RUDE"?

anyone else a little tired of bammers telling us what's kosher on our own board? i really can't believe you're perpetuating this, bg. you are obviously backed into a corner and there's no way even you can believe the crap you keep coming up with. we don't do it EVERY SINGLE GAME WE WIN, bg. we do it ONCE a year in november to spite you. if you think that reflects on our hypocritical ideas of class, so be it. where are you getting the idea that we need to follow your rules to show we're better than you? we do it year-in and year-out, on the field. furthermore, we treat fans of other schools in a civil manner, to a level that they earn from their behavior toward us. the gators got a good helping of ribbing this year because they opened up the game by absolutely asking for it. alabama and its fans deserve not one iota of consideration based on the way they treat us and have treated us in the past. just know that you absolutely, irrefutably deserve everything you get, and we're going to keep giving it to you.

anyone else a little tired of bammers telling us what's kosher on our own board? i really can't believe you're perpetuating this, bg. you are obviously backed into a corner and there's no way even you can believe the crap you keep coming up with. we don't do it EVERY SINGLE GAME WE WIN, bg. we do it ONCE a year in november to spite you. if you think that reflects on our hypocritical ideas of class, so be it. where are you getting the idea that we need to follow your rules to show we're better than you? we do it year-in and year-out, on the field. furthermore, we treat fans of other schools in a civil manner, to a level that they earn from their behavior toward us. the gators got a good helping of ribbing this year because they opened up the game by absolutely asking for it. alabama and its fans deserve not one iota of consideration based on the way they treat us and have treated us in the past. just know that you absolutely, irrefutably deserve everything you get, and we're going to keep giving it to you.

To sum up: "Eye for an eye is classy...not turn the other cheek."

And what's up with this "on our own board" crap? My comments have NOTHING to do with your message board. They are merely an observation of Auburn fans. What, because this is an AU message board, I'm not allowed to comment on Auburn?

I'm not backed into a corner. Why didn't you go back line by line and refute any of the stuff I said? You can type out another War And Peace length crybaby rant. But that isn't an argument in your favor.

Answer my questions:

And what's up with this "on our own board" crap? My comments have NOTHING to do with your message board. They are merely an observation of Auburn fans. What, because this is an AU message board, I'm not allowed to comment on Auburn?

I'm not backed into a corner. Why didn't you go back line by line and refute any of the stuff I said? You can type out another War And Peace length crybaby rant. But that isn't an argument in your favor.

Answer my questions:

Image:033005chewbacca4.jpg

"Here, look at the monkey. Look at the silly monkey!"

Answer my questions:

The boy who punches the bully in the face may get detention, also. I mean, he punched a kid. That's no way for a little boy to act. But, to me, his actions can be deemed more admirable. It would never happen if you'd show some class. Retaliation, retaliation, retaliation. Is it Christ-like? NO. I don't use the GO TO HELL line. I DO chant, we just beat the hell outta you.

I don't think anyone made this argument. Try to stay on track.

HERE's THE ARGUMENT:

BAMA has no class. They cheer their cheer at LEAST 6 times a year (4 non-conference games, Vandy, and Ole Miss), regardless of margin of victory. To the rest of the world (that's 116 NCAA schools), Bama looks like a d*ck.

AUBURN, when finished with the anuual beatdown, simply gives a little chuckle, turns the pompous, arrogant, classless cheer sideways, and rams it up your rear-end. It's poetic justice. It's retaliation. It's revenge. And it's soooooooo sweet. You'd have a point if and only if we did the cheer with the same circumstances as you. However, the circumstances couldn't be more different.

Archived