Alabama = Ole Miss

GalensGhost

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere....xml&coll=3

"I think Nick Saban has already offered more guys in the state of Alabama at this point this year than (the Mike Shula regime) did at any time last year," Dobbs said.

Isn't this exactly the same recruiting "strategy" Bama fans ridiculed Ed Orgeron for doing when he got to Ole Miss? Papering the walls with indiscriminate offer after offer?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere....xml&coll=3

"I think Nick Saban has already offered more guys in the state of Alabama at this point this year than (the Mike Shula regime) did at any time last year," Dobbs said.

Isn't this exactly the same recruiting "strategy" Bama fans ridiculed Ed Orgeron for doing when he got to Ole Miss? Papering the walls with indiscriminate offer after offer?

have you checked the first stat on any of those guys? i doubt it. its not like he went out offering every chump he could find a scholly, so it doesn't look like he's being indiscriminate about it. he's starting on recruiting earlier than CMS did. wow. headlines. :rolleyes:

it didn't really seem to be a problem at LSU or anywhere else.......

People actually wanting to play here? Imagine that.

The times, they are a changin'...

a scholly offer has not much to do with player interest.

What about the commitments? You know, all nine of them.

Is "nine" the number you get when you combine all their stars?

i don't think anyone gets rated yet, they havent started their senior season even.

i don't think anyone gets rated yet, they havent started their senior season even.

that's beside the point. the original statement was about bama flinging out offers indiscriminately like they're moving hot electronics. are you really all that psyched up about the kids saban's signed? who has he got that's worth the excitement? recruiting is easier right now because of his name and the legendary hype. wait a year and see how he does after he coaches a season.

are you really all that psyched up about the kids saban's signed? who has he got that's worth the excitement?

Yeah. Matchett, Preyear are both talented athletes. Billingsley and Williams are both 4 star DEs. And the #1 rated kicker in the nation.

that's beside the point. the original statement was about bama flinging out offers indiscriminately like they're moving hot electronics. are you really all that psyched up about the kids saban's signed? who has he got that's worth the excitement? recruiting is easier right now because of his name and the legendary hype. wait a year and see how he does after he coaches a season.

you and GG are the ones that are putting out an assumption that its "indiscriminate" offers, and i can almost bet that neither of you have even looked up any stats on any of those guys. the quote he gave was from mitch dobbs of bama magazine. so i don't think the statement was made in a negative context. the next line states "What (Saban) did from January up until signing day laid the foundation of what's to come.", so this shouldn't be all that surprising. even a little after he got hired CNS said that he likes to make offers in spring to get the ball rolling.

Can we post this in the archives so that later this year when even one of these kids goes somewhere else we dont have to hear the usual....

"We didnt want him."

"We never offered him."

"He doesnt fit our schemes."

Guys you cant have it both ways. If you are offering now, it is different because you didnt offer in the past simply because of the "high regard" for Alabama football. You remember, "Crawling thru broken glass...blah blah blah." Wait till one of these kids turns you down. Then we will see how it works.

CTT only offers kids that AU has seen in camp, some several times. Last year, CTT invited only 36, offered only 32, and signed 28. That is pinpointing what you want and need, not carpet bombing the state with offers on kids that Saban has never even seen before.

Can we post this in the archives so that later this year when even one of these kids goes somewhere else we dont have to hear the usual....

"We didnt want him."

"We never offered him."

Oh please. Don't even go there. AU fans do this just as much as Alabama fans.

CTT only offers kids that AU has seen in camp

Not true. Julio Jones didn't make it to junior day this year. And AU's camp isnt until later this summer. So are you telling me that every player that CTT has offered this year was at Junior day?

"We didnt want him."

"We never offered him."

Oh please. Don't even go there. AU fans do this just as much as Alabama fans.

CTT only offers kids that AU has seen in camp

Not true. Julio Jones didn't make it to junior day this year. And AU's camp isnt until later this summer. So are you telling me that every player that CTT has offered this year was at Junior day?

Per Scout and Rivals Julio attended camp in AU and plans to be there this summer as well.

ITAT

Per Scout and Rivals Julio attended camp in AU and plans to be there this summer as well.

ITAT

Then I guess he went to a camp last year? AU's camp isn't until the summer and I read an article quoting him as saying he didn't attend Junior Day because AU never informed him of it.

While Julio may be a bad example...to say CTT ONLY offers people who camp at AU is just plain irresponsible.

ITAT

Then I guess he went to a camp last year? AU's camp isn't until the summer and I read an article quoting him as saying he didn't attend Junior Day because AU never informed him of it.

While Julio may be a bad example...to say CTT ONLY offers people who camp at AU is just plain irresponsible.

CTT only offers kids that AU has seen in camp, some several times. Last year, CTT invited only 36, offered only 32, and signed 28.

But you got to admit that this is pretty impressive recruiting.

I would, if it were true. Just going through Georgia and Alabama's commits from last year, I count 9 that were offered by CTT that didn't go to AU. I can go to LSU, FSU, and UF and check theirs if you guys want me to.

Josh Chapman

Luther Davis

Brandon Gibson

Marquis Maze

Rolando McClain

Kerry Murphy

Bruce Figgins

Caleb King

Jarius Wynn

OKay not only but in 90% of the cases? Is that good enough?

CTT gets abut 4500 kids a year in camp. He has ample time and opportunity to view the kids. If they dont come to AU camp, what is the chance they will fall in love with the AU experience?

the AU experience?

Man that sounds like a name of any one of the following:

An 80s pop band

A ride at Six Flags

A movie at an IMAX theater

;)

I would, if it were true. Just going through Georgia and Alabama's commits from last year, I count 9 that were offered by CTT that didn't go to AU. I can go to LSU, FSU, and UF and check theirs if you guys want me to.

Josh Chapman

Luther Davis

Brandon Gibson

Marquis Maze

Rolando McClain

Kerry Murphy

Bruce Figgins

Caleb King

Jarius Wynn

I'll play along BG.

Josh Chapman - Still don't know what happen here. Was in AU gear the night of the Super Bowl and switched to UAT the following Tuesday. $$$$$$

Luther Davis - Quit recruiting him before the 06' season started. Did not camp and was not offered.

Brandon Gibson - Bama lean all the way. $$$ rumored

Marquis Maze - Michigan comitt early AU backed off. Never camped and was not offered.

Rolando McClain - See Andre Smith last year.

Kerry Murphy - See above.

Bruce Figgins - Did not offer and did not attend AU camp.

Caleb King - Was informed by coaching staff that we were taking 1 RB. Enrique committed to us first and he went to UGA.

Jarius Wynn - You got me on this one.

So you're wrong again BG.

If you would like the Scout profiles that has all this info I just posted, just let me know.

the AU experience?

Man that sounds like a name of any one of the following:

An 80s pop band

A ride at Six Flags

A movie at an IMAX theater

;)

don't forget to add Tuberville field at BDS to your little list :big: You know you felt it there

You did offer Bruce Figgins. You also offered Maze and Davis.

Just because you may have pulled an offer after they commit elsewhere...doesn't mean you didn't offer.

If I'm not mistaken, Maze had an AU, UA, and Michigan hat on the table at his press conference.

And to accuse us of paying players as the reason why someone didn't go to your school? That's just as bad as "well we didn't want him anyway".

And I'd be more than happy to provide you with the rivals profiles that list them as having an offer.

Yeah, well, my dad can beat up your dad.

Argue over these "recruiting battles" all you want. The battle that matters to me takes place during the Iron Bowl each year and, if I haven't lost count, we are up to 5 in a row.

Archived