NOTE ABOUT POSTINGS IN THIS FORUM

Ranger12

With the 2008 elections getting closer, this forum is going to start heating up again. As a moderator, I advise that if you are going to make bold statements about a candidate in the political forum, you need to have the links to where you are getting the info and back up what you are saying. Also, whatever you find over the internet, be careful of the credibility of the info or else you are goind to just look plain silly. So please remember to check your references and keep a civil tongue.

Remember, whatever side we take politically, we are still Americans and most of us are still members of the :au: family.

Thank you.

So, folks now need a 'link' to back up their opinions? But only if it's a credible link, you say ?

Looks like the Fairness Doctrine has already been put into practice. <_<

:lol: Yeah, what the heck do we need to be fair for?

Having an opinion is one thing, but if you are going to make a bold statement, such as saying a candidate is part of a radical group, etc....then it is best you have something to back it up with or else you are going to look stupid.

I did not say lack of linkage would be moderated, but it was just a suggestion on how to debate intelligently and maintain some credibility as you debate. If you are going to provide a link, again it is all about credibility. If you post a link from some "way out there"site, then you best be ready to get fired upon.

So, if someone, ( not me ) says something like Hillary Clinton is involved in organized cat juggling and also routinely rips those " do not remove under penalty of law " tags off of mattresses, I'd need a source to back that up?

Fair enough. ;)

I need a link to state Hillary is a pinko-communist-bleeding-heart-liberal, only out for as much power as she can get? But everyone knows that, even TT and TigerAl...

I need a link to state Hillary is a pinko-communist-bleeding-heart-liberal, only out for as much power as she can get? But everyone knows that, even TT and TigerAl...

I can provide that one for you...

chainlinkba2.th.jpg

Here's another one.

Link's rule!

I would suggest that you provide a link about her being a "pinko", because that is a very strong accusation you just made about her. :big:

Like you said, everybody knows that about her, so you are not reporting anything new there, but if you was to come out to say that Bill Clinton was a monogamous man or that George Bush had a tough stance on illegal immigration, then it would be in you best interest to post some credible links to back up such bold claims.

I would suggest that you provide a link about her being a "pinko", because that is a very strong accusation you just made about her. :big:

Like you said, everybody knows that about her, so you are not reporting anything new there, but if you was to come out to say that Bill Clinton was a monogamous man or that George Bush had a tough stance on illegal immigration, then it would be in you best interest to post some credible links to back up such bold claims.

George Bush does have a tough stance on illegal immigration, it's just the wrong one. B)

George Bush does have a tough stance on illegal immigration, it's just the wrong one.

I'll see you at the signing ceremony. - W

<_<

Archived