if a UGA player strips, beats up and urinates on a 16 year old kid

bellefay1

Richt's boys need a gut check. Sonny Purdue has a lock on negative reporting on UGA after his crying last year, and Richt is a golden god in many fans eyes, but come on. Just my opinion but UGA seems to get a pass on the negative stuff...

article (rather sick)

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/u...7lakebrawl.html

Whenever a UGA players get put into a story, I tend to believe it. I think anyone who knows me on here tends to go "Oh ****" and agree that it probably did happen AND that the player is a idiot for doing whatever he did.

But in this case (and I am sure Galen will have a field day with me), I actually think our player did not in fact do what he is being accused of or maybe I should say it better....I think there is in fact another BIG side of the story.

This guys father came on UGASports.com awhile back and told us about the incident....explained what happened, who did what, ext...and it was NOT like this article stated though you can see where this guy and the fathers story differ. The guy was not just "cutting wood", ext....

I will be interested to see what comes of this

Well, yeah ... technically, all the football players are under Mark Richt's supervision but none are under his immediate control. These thugs need to be in jail if this report is true. They are an embarrassment to UGA (& Richt,) but I wouldn't connect any of this type of behavior directly with the university or Richt. Now if it was UT ... just saying.

Whenever a UGA players get put into a story, I tend to believe it. I think anyone who knows me on here tends to go "Oh ****" and agree that it probably did happen AND that the player is a idiot for doing whatever he did.

But in this case (and I am sure Galen will have a field day with me), I actually think our player did not in fact do what he is being accused of or maybe I should say it better....I think there is in fact another BIG side of the story.

This guys father came on UGASports.com awhile back and told us about the incident....explained what happened, who did what, ext...and it was NOT like this article stated though you can see where this guy and the fathers story differ. The guy was not just "cutting wood", ext....

I will be interested to see what comes of this

if this was like the bama arrest from the weekend...sensational reporting from message board folk about the incident, i'd tend not to buy it.

the article came out quite a while after the incident...probably more or less taken from the police report/charges. i doubt/hope something like this didn't happen (unprovoked violence) but, there has to be some legs to this. kid with a knife talking smack or whatever is one thing....baseball bats to the face, stripping and pissing on folks is a job better left for r. kelly.

The kid has a proven orbital fracture. You don't get those from love taps. I'm sorry, but somebody got their tail beat. Whether it was justified or unprovoked is up in the air.

The kid has a proven orbital fracture. You don't get those from love taps. I'm sorry, but somebody got their tail beat. Whether it was justified or unprovoked is up in the air.

how do you justify pissing on someone? i think you guys are missing that part. this guy needs to be locked up if this is true.

also, slink, it's "etc." as in "et cetera". not "ext." as in "extension".

Agreed and that is why the article stated

McCleskey, authorities say, is thought to have caused the major injuries to the victims.

I will save the story I heard until later but that runs along what I heard.

how do you justify pissing on someone? i think you guys are missing that part. this guy needs to be locked up if this is true.

also, slink, it's "etc." as in "et cetera". not "ext." as in "extension".

I wasn't justifying or even making a comment on the urination. I was replying to slink that although the dad is downplaying this, there's objective evidence that someone was assaulted. I agree, if its true, he should be in jail.

'03, what I meant by the father comments had more to do with Taylor's involvement in the incident then the overall incident. Maybe I didn't clarify that well enough above.

Someone did get hurt and the father did say that but he more explained what he was told happened and what Taylor did in the argument.

The ONLY justification for using a baseball bat to the head might be if the kid with the knife was threatening him with it, i.e., self-defense. (which might be part of what SL was alluding to when he says the guy was not just "cutting wood"...)

Otherwise, I can see the bat wielder charged with attempted murder or manslaughter, since bat blows on the head can easily be fatal.

how do you justify pissing on someone? i think you guys are missing that part.

Dat's the attention getter. You have to look at it from the Alpha dog angle.

FYI, Carter Strickland spoke with a member of UGASports and has also been told by 1-2 people that Tripp's involvement was "very minimal"

I think the fathers story is coming more true in what Tripp did/didn't do

Unfort, the other boy may be the one who takes the full fall since he was the one who seems to have caused most of the severe injuries along with a 3rd person there.

The ONLY justification for using a baseball bat to the head might be if the kid with the knife was threatening him with it, i.e., self-defense. (which might be part of what SL was alluding to when he says the guy was not just "cutting wood"...)

Otherwise, I can see the bat wielder charged with attempted murder or manslaughter, since bat blows on the head can easily be fatal.

On re-reading the article, it appears the father's and/or Roger's story is that the bat assault occurred after the knife incident when the two teens were trying to walk back to their car. If this is accurate, that eliminates any claim of "self-defense". I say charge the batter with attempted murder (bringing the bat along pretty much also shows premeditation and therefore precludes manslaughter) to put the fear of God into him and make a statement about zero tolerance for violence. The charge can always be reduced to simple assault if warranted, but let's shake up some attitudes and make a statement about tolerance for fighting!

The pissing is an attention grabber, but the bat assault is the greater crime. If the kid had died from the bat blow, there's no doubt in my mind that a murder charge would be forthcoming, so why not attempted murder now?

(Again, all assuming Roger's story is correct...)

That's sad. I watched McCleskey play ball at Woodstock High his senior year. he caught two TDs and threw one. He was the starting WR and backup QB. When the QB got hurt, he took over. They beat Etowah pretty good that year. I thought he might do well in college. The kid was about 6-4 200 at the time. I'm sure he's bigger now. This happened right around the corner from me and this is the first I've heard of it? We do tend to have a cocky group of young people in this area.

Archived