Alley Broussard to UNA?

WAR-MATT

A guy over on ITAT says AB is in Florence already and says he's weighing in at around 250lbs. :blink: Anyone else heard this?

A guy over on ITAT says AB is in Florence already and says he's weighing in at around 250lbs. :blink: Anyone else heard this?

I believe he was always around 235 anyway so he's not that far off. If he is there and has ballooned a little, it'll take about 2 practices in this heat to get any excess weight off.

Need a link. Why is anybody on ITAT concerned about a former LSU player and a Division II school, even through UNA has the third best collegate team in the state behind Troy?

Need a link. Why is anybody on ITAT concerned about a former LSU player and a Division II school, even through UNA has the third best collegate team in the state behind Troy?

There's a ton of Lion alums on ITAT and most think they can add to their NC total with the arrival of AB.

There's a ton of Lion alums on ITAT and most think they can add to their NC total with the arrival of AB.

I can't find that thread.

I would also like a link please. That would be huge for UNA if it's true.

I can't find the one that was on the prem. board but here's the on from the open forum.

Scout

JonInFlorence

Rating: 3.2/5 this site

1904 posts this site

Ignore this User

Posted on 8/8/2007 10:37 PM Nominate Post | Report Post

My Inside Sources were correct

Broussard is at UNA this year. I think he will help UNA and hopefully get them deep into the playoffs again.

austudent22

Rating: 3.3/5 this site

19265 posts this site

Ignore this User

Posted on 8/8/2007 10:40 PM Nominate Post | Report Post

Re: My Inside Sources were correct

That is going to be interesting to watch. He is apparently very very heavy.

JonInFlorence

Rating: 3.2/5 this site

1904 posts this site

Ignore this User

Posted on 8/8/2007 10:50 PM Nominate Post | Report Post

Re: My Inside Sources were correct

right now I think they said his weight is somewhere between 245 and 250 depending on if he has eaten or not.

Hopefully he can drop about 15-20 by opening day. So they think by the 3rd week of the season he might be around 225-230. Just what I heard. Its over 100 here with Heat Index of 107.

Im not sure about this you probably know better than I do but if he is out of shape with fat and probably lots of water weight. Cant he lose more faster without to many ill effects

Another rumor coming out of Florence........Coach Hudspeth has called off his upcoming planned wedding, to uhhh...focus on the 2007 National Championship Campaign/Run.

times daily

Several transfers have Hudspeth talking positive

By Jeff McIntyre

Assistant Sports Editor

UNA football reports

Last Updated:August 10. 2007 11:00PM

Published: August 11. 2007 3:30AM

FLORENCE - They haven't even been on the field yet, but North Alabama coach Mark Hudspeth likes the look of his football team.

The Lions reported for fall practice Friday with 120 players going through team meetings. Included in the large group were several freshmen and junior college transfers who signed in February. The only spring signee not reporting was junior college transfer Kenny Orr, who was not academically eligible.

Also joining the Lions were a few new transfers, including running backs Michael McLendon and David McCants, along with wide receiver Rocky Coleman.

McLendon, a transfer from Nicholls State, has not yet been cleared to practice due to questions regarding his eligibility. Last season, he led the Colonels in rushing with 438 yards on 57 caries. As a freshman, McLendon led Pearl River (Miss.) Community College to the junior college national championship.

McCants is a 5-foot-8, 190-pounder from East Central (Miss.) Community College. Coleman is a wide receiver from Copiah-Lincoln (Miss.) Community College.

"We've gained much much-needed depth at running back," Hudspeth said. "We have Tim Hicks coming back, along with Brandenn Pickett, and we've really helped ourselves by adding these transfers. Rocky Coleman is also a big pickup for us. That gives us another tall wide receiver, along with Ed Gant. We expect those guys to come in and help us immediately."

The Lions could be close to getting more help in the backfield. Former LSU running back Alley Broussard is expected to visit UNA this weekend, according to a source close to the team. Broussard, who holds LSU's single game rushing record, played three years for the Tigers before leaving the team last month. He would have one year of eligibility remaining.

According to NCAA rules, Hudspeth cannot comment on perspective student athletes.

Although the Lions are deep at most positions entering fall camp, there are a few spots where newcomers could see playing time. Wide receiver and linebacker are spots where UNA is looking for added depth.

UNA will undergo conditioning tests today, but Hudspeth said several of the freshmen appeared to be in adequate shape. Offensive lineman Dresden Williams, from East Limestone High School, linebacker James Howard, of Sebring, Fla., and linebacker Hilliard Foster, of Wetumpka, were among the players singled out by Hudspeth.

"Williams measured 6-foot-6 and 305 pounds," Hudspeth said. "He's looks as good as anybody we've signed in a long time."

Hudspeth also singled out former Muscle Shoals standout Jamie Dixon, who will try out at center.

Today's conditioning tests will be held at the football field at Wilson Dam, where UNA will practice for the first week. The test will consists of running 12 110-yard sprints in a specified time.

"The conditioning test never lies," Hudspeth said. "Most of the guys look like they came back in great shape, but we'll find out real quick who is not in good condition."

Jeff McIntyre can be reached at 740-5737 or jeff.mcintyre@timesdaily.com.

http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20070817/NEWS/708170321

From the Times Daily today:

Source: Broussard on his way

By Jeff McIntyre

Assistant Sports Editor

Last Updated:August 16. 2007 11:00PM

Published: August 17. 2007 3:30AM

AP Photo/Alex Brandon

Former LSU running back Alley Broussard will transfer to North Alabama, according to a source close to the program.

FLORENCE - North Alabama's offense is expected to get a big boost today with the addition of running back Alley Broussard.

The former LSU standout has notified UNA coaches that he will transfer to UNA for the upcoming season, according to a source close to the team. Broussard is expected to arrive at UNA this afternoon.

not coming

The former LSU standout was expected to join the Lions on Friday. However, Broussard had a change of heart and now is expected to transfer to Missouri Southern State, according to a source close to the UNA team. Broussard's decision apparently was based on Missouri Southern's pro-style offense being a better fit for him than UNA's one-back, spread offense. Missouri Southern State is a Division II in the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association, the same conference as Division II power Northwest Missouri State.

Archived