Dear Ivan...

GalensGhost

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/feature/feat...ideo?page=saban

Dear Ivan -

Do you use Brylcreem on your head to get it greasy enough or do you prefer anal lube by the gallon when you're going shoulder deep up Saban's ass? And is it painful when you pull your melon back out? Do your ears catch?

Just wondering,

Richard Gere's gerbil

I was gonna post this with a different headline:

SABAN LIKES TO SHOW HIS ASS TO BOYS!!!1!!11!

On the practice field in the early days of spring practice, the Saban you don't know decided he had had enough of his players wearing their pants too far below their waist.

"I wore my pants like that to practice one day," Saban said. "'How do you think this looks? Does this look good? Is this how it should be?' They're saying, 'Coach, we don't really want to look at your ass.' I said, 'You think I want to look at yours? That's what you look like.'"

"Guys were looking sloppy out there, dragging around," center Antoine Caldwell said, "and guys were just acting unprofessional, period. It kind of came together and he just exploded on us and straightened us out. That was the first reality check."

But Saban softened the explosion with a line that probably has occurred to anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of his verbal shrapnel.

"He pulled his pants down," Caldwell said, "and said, 'This is how some of you guys look. You're showing your ass. And I'm going to be the only a--hole showing around here.'"

In case you don't know, Ivan Maisel is a big time Bammer.

"He pulled his pants down," Caldwell said, "and said, 'This is how some of you guys look. You're showing your ass. And I'm going to be the only a--hole showing around here.'"

This is just disturbing. :blink:

"The way I would say it is that people who want to achieve and aspire to be very good in their profession don't mind the way we do things," Saban said.
Is it just me, or does this sound remarkably close to "The ends justifies the means"?

"The way I would say it is that people who want to achieve and aspire to be very good in their profession don't mind the way we do things," Saban said.
Is it just me, or does this sound remarkably close to "The ends justifies the means"?

I think this is what he was trying to say, "The bammer nation isn't mad we are buying players".

It's about time. Admit it.

I've never understood the whole "look at my ass, I'm so cool" fad.

Great. Focus on the most irrelevant part of the article. Obsess over a stunt pulled by every dad who's ever objected to a fashion trend, a ploy used by every coach who disapproves of the way his players dress -- from pee wee right on up through high school -- a tactic utilized by every pre-pubescent nerd who wants to ridicule the way another group dresses -- from the guy who puts in the pocket protector and wears fake glasses to the goob who cocks his hat sideways and says 'yo - yo'. That's just great. Saban is the freaking master.

I was a high school teacher and a coach once upon a time. I mocked the way my students dressed -- when it was inappropriate -- all the time. When they sagged we gave them rope belts. Another coach and I once spent our own money and gangsta'd up just to let the kids see how ridiculous they looked. I guess SI should have come down to where we were coaching and teaching and had Ivan Maisel stick his entire head up our asses.

Good job missing the entire point, by the way.

On the practice field in the early days of spring practice, the Saban you don't know decided he had had enough of his players wearing their pants too far below their waist.

"I wore my pants like that to practice one day," Saban said. "'How do you think this looks? Does this look good? Is this how it should be?' They're saying, 'Coach, we don't really want to look at your ass.' I said, 'You think I want to look at yours? That's what you look like.'"

"Guys were looking sloppy out there, dragging around," center Antoine Caldwell said, "and guys were just acting unprofessional, period. It kind of came together and he just exploded on us and straightened us out. That was the first reality check."

But Saban softened the explosion with a line that probably has occurred to anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of his verbal shrapnel.

This is the part that concerns me......Aren't players supposed to look up at a coach, see him more as a "father figure" or at least a figure in charge, not an equal? $aban was going down to the players level - how can they ever consider him as someone that they take orders from, when he is just "one of the guys"?

This is the part that concerns me......Aren't players supposed to look up at a coach, see him more as a "father figure" or at least a figure in charge, not an equal? $aban was going down to the players level - how can they ever consider him as someone that they take orders from, when he is just "one of the guys"?

I think this is going a little too far. What Saban did is something that any of us would have laughed at if we were there to witness it. The players aren't going to mutiny because Saban can't control his team. However, the problem here is that renowned sports writer Ivan Maisel was paid a lot of money to write this article that could have been summed up to "WOW I'M SO EXCITED BAMA HAS A GREAT HEAD COACH AND FOR ALL OF YOU WHO THINK HE'S A MEAN SPIRITED JERK OFF WHO CHEATS, LIES, AND STEALS TO WIN, HERE HE IS BEING FUNNY! FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP."

Also, this article was on the front page of espn.com.

If you want to focus on something utterly irrelevant, why not focus on "sockless loafer" That sort of made me physically ill.

Yeah I think Maisel intended for this article to be read very slowly....

Archived