Packers release Simpson

quietfan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-p...p&type=lgns

Packers release 11 players ahead of Tuesday deadline for 1st roster cuts

August 24, 2007

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- The Packers released 11 players Friday ahead of Tuesday's deadline to make the first roster cuts.

General manager Ted Thompson cut center C.J. Blomvall, wide receiver Carlton Brewster, fullback Erryn Cobb, punter Ryan Dougherty, defensive end DeVon Hicks, cornerback Antonio Malone, quarterback Ingle Martin, guard Pat Murray, running back P.J. Pope, linebacker Juwan Simpson and tight end Joe Werner.

Apparently Wisconsin may be the cheese capital of the world, but not so much the ice cream capital! :lol:

August 24, 2007

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- The Packers released 11 players Friday ahead of Tuesday's deadline to make the first roster cuts.

General manager Ted Thompson cut center C.J. Blomvall, wide receiver Carlton Brewster, fullback Erryn Cobb, punter Ryan Dougherty, defensive end DeVon Hicks, cornerback Antonio Malone, quarterback Ingle Martin, guard Pat Murray, running back P.J. Pope, linebacker Juwan Simpson and tight end Joe Werner.

Apparently Wisconsin may be the cheese capital of the world, but not so much the ice cream capital! :lol:

Do they still get paid anything? I've been quite sure of how the contract/getting cut thing works. So will Juwan Simpson make a little money from the past few months or will he get nothing for all that work? Just curious, I know he makes enough money with crime.

August 24, 2007

Do they still get paid anything? I've been quite sure of how the contract/getting cut thing works. So will Juwan Simpson make a little money from the past few months or will he get nothing for all that work? Just curious, I know he makes enough money with crime.

i believe they do not get their regular pay until the season starts, if they make the team.

No...those guys get paid for the time they are on the team I believe...it's not much...but a couple hundred a week or so. I heard someone interviewed here in Dallas trying to make the cowboys and I thought I heard him mention that...

Maybe he can get a job as sabear's personal protector. I understand he is already familiar with firearms.(illegal and/or otherwise.)

Maybe he can get a job as sabear's personal protector. I understand he is already familiar with firearms.(illegal and/or otherwise.)

and he can score saban a quick fix when he needs one.

one of channel 13's brilliant sports team members, said that he couldn't believe Simpson was cut, because "he was from Bama, and they always make the team". Couldn't help but start laughing out loud over that little bit of bobo honking!

WDE!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BoStillKnows

one of channel 13's brilliant sports team members, said that he couldn't believe Simpson was cut, because "he was from Bama, and they always make the team". Couldn't help but start laughing out loud over that little bit of bobo honking!

WDE!

Frozen custard is popular in Wisconsin. I guess he couldn't adjust from ice cream to custard.

They get paid about $1500 a week during preseason.

I dont know about the rest of ya'll but I'd be ok with that

I didn't really think about what that would extrapulate to over 52 weeks. It comes out to $78,000/yr which is exactly what my base salary is. So as long as they still gave me my bonus and incentives sure I'd take it also.

Archived