Jerrell Powe ruled ineligible...again

TitanTiger

The NCAA announced on Tuesday that highly-touted Ole Miss defensive tackle recruit Jerrell Powe will not be academically eligible this season.

Powe's case is highly publicized. He has been granted admission to Ole Miss and had been given a window to practice with the team until the NCAA came to its final ruling.

The NCAA ruled that Powe will be allowed to receive athletically related financial aid to attend classes. However, he will be ineligible for practice and competition until meeting NCAA and institutional academic requirements in college....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2994781

After him lying to us, then suckerpunching LSU as well with the old hat thing at the All Star game, I have to say this doesn't upset me in the least. I can appreciate his difficulties with dyslexia, but unless dyslexia also causes one to behave like an a-hole, I'll shed no tears.

The NCAA announced on Tuesday that highly-touted Ole Miss defensive tackle recruit Jerrell Powe will not be academically eligible this season.

Powe's case is highly publicized. He has been granted admission to Ole Miss and had been given a window to practice with the team until the NCAA came to its final ruling.

The NCAA ruled that Powe will be allowed to receive athletically related financial aid to attend classes. However, he will be ineligible for practice and competition until meeting NCAA and institutional academic requirements in college....

After him lying to us, then suckerpunching LSU as well with the old hat thing at the All Star game, I have to say this doesn't upset me in the least. I can appreciate his difficulties with dyslexia, but unless dyslexia also causes one to be an a-hole, I'll shed no tears.

Surely calling one of these young men an a-hole violates the rule and spirit of AU Nation.

After him lying to us, then suckerpunching LSU as well with the old hat thing at the All Star game, I have to say this doesn't upset me in the least. I can appreciate his difficulties with dyslexia, but unless dyslexia also causes one to be an a-hole, I'll shed no tears.

Surely calling one of these young men an a-hole violates the rule and spirit of AU Nation.

No, yes, maybe. And don't call me Shirley.

I posted in the recruiting forum a while back about this very thing. The "Show" that these kids put on now is ridiculous, from the press conferences and the hat switch routine to the purposely having everyone hang on your every word. Just make your announcement and move on. Make your decision and call the coaches in the running for your services and let them know.

I know it's the way of the world now and these kids are getting more attention than they've ever had before. But, cut the theatrics and just make your announcement.

Probably. I'll change my original post to focus on his behavior.

I posted in the recruiting forum a while back about this very thing. The "Show" that these kids put on now is ridiculous, from the press conferences and the hat switch routine to the purposely having everyone hang on your every word. Just make your announcement and move on. Make your decision and call the coaches in the running for your services and let them know.

I know it's the way of the world now and these kids are getting more attention than they've ever had before. But, cut the theatrics and just make your announcement.

I hear ya brother! That is why I don't watch that all-star game and that is why I don't get so heavily involved with the recruiting discussions. Some of these kids get so much attention and do not know how to not let it go to their head.

Seems like when I was in school, having to walk 5 miles in knee deep snow, signing a scholarship basically meant you got your picture in the paper showing you signing it with your parents, high school coach, and sometimes a college coach standing behind you. I sure do not remember hearing about guys I knew or knew of having press conferences.

Archived