Pregame

Tigerwalkin

:au: Whatever happend to the cheerleaders standing in the middle of the field while the crowd chanted...AUBURN....TIGERS....back and forth? That was much better than what they do now...... :au:

:au: Whatever happend to the cheerleaders standing in the middle of the field while the crowd chanted...AUBURN....TIGERS....back and forth? That was much better than what they do now...... :au:

Well, the way it previously went was, the band would spell out "AUBURN" on the field with the mic man. Then the band would march into the "TIGERS" formation while playing Tiger Rag and stop. The mic man then did the cheers was to kill the downtime before the team ran out. And then the team ran out.

Once the jumbo tron and videos became such an integral part of pre-game, along with a need to keep the energy and momentum of pre-game "up," the pre-game was re-designed. They still spell out AUBURN, and TIGERS, but now they go into the "AU" and play music, and the team runs out down the A. The "AU" is one of the most significant things the band does on the field and it was not part of the pre-game until the past few years.

If you notice now, the pre-game is one continuous show from the time they run out the tunnel through the time when the team runs out the "A."

:au: Yeah, I like the pregame show now, but I do miss hearing the crowd chanting back and forth! :au:

We did it. You just have to get there a little earlier.

The one thing I wish they didn't change was during the national anthem. Last year they'd form an eagle with the flag in the middle, this year they spell out USA. I really liked the eagle formation.

I kind of wish the mic man would explain some things to the fans before the game. The NUMBER ONE THING is that when Cox waves his arms at the crowd, we need to BE QUIET. I think half the students believe that Cox had seen angels like "Angels in the Outfield" and was signaling to that effect. Sorry for the rant, War Eagle!!

I remember the mic person way back when,,, would start a cheer with the "Are you ready,,," and then he would say,,,"I can't heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar you" and everyone would just about double the volume for him. I miss that,,,

Pregame was changed for several reasons. First off, the athletic department wanted pregame to flow and be shorter from start to finish. That is why there is no longer "Samford Tower" played by the AUMB and no creed read during it on the jumbotron. Things are a little different if you watch closely, even with "War Eagle" being taken down the field...there is no time between "War Eagle" and "Glory". "War Eagle" just goes straight into "Glory"

Second, the USA and eagle formation (with the shield) alternate every few years. The eagle will be back in a year or two.

I kind of wish the mic man would explain some things to the fans before the game. The NUMBER ONE THING is that when Cox waves his arms at the crowd, we need to BE QUIET. I think half the students believe that Cox had seen angels like "Angels in the Outfield" and was signaling to that effect. Sorry for the rant, War Eagle!!

i agree, people need to understand when to turn it on. i swear the number of screeching students when we have the ball has increased threefold. i always catch myself screaming "QUIET" and then realizing i'm just adding to the problem.

Second, the USA and eagle formation (with the shield) alternate every few years. The eagle will be back in a year or two.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I'm only a sophmore so I was used to the eagle formation from last year.

:au: Yeah, I like the pregame show now, but I do miss hearing the crowd chanting back and forth! :au:

We did it. You just have to get there a little earlier.

:au: How much earlier....we were in our seats 50 mins before the game started. The stadium was 3/4 empty at that time and I could hear people talking on the other side of the field! :au:

Thanks, I didn't know that. I'm only a sophmore so I was used to the eagle formation from last year.

So am I, but being in the band gives you a little inside info. And the ability to be on the field during said pregame.

to all the newbies in the student section....STEP FORWARD!!!!!!

YES!

There should be signs about that. I hope it gets better as the year goes on because people were trying stand on their own bench, or were stepping forward, but then sitting straight down instead of back. Honestly, its not that hard.

I really missed the Alma Mater singing last week. I understand wanting to shorten pregame, but that is a fine piece of work and should be sung before every game.

Archived