Today and everyday

Tigermike

I was about to post a 9/11 post. It's almost as if we choose to forget. But I don't. I still remember being glued to the TV in disbelief. Wondering how to explain to my young children that our country is being attacked by a religion.

Have you forgotten.....

IF you have any doubts as to why we are fighting terrorism, go here, scroll down and listen the these folk's last words on this earth due to islamic terrorists.

Last words

Oddly, I didn't remember 9/11 as I had in the past. Before, it was as though I was reliving every minute of that day, and remembering exactly where I was as the 1st plane hit, as the 2nd plane hit, when Tower 2 fell, etc....

Not so for 9/11/07

I think part of the reason is that I didn't want to get angry all over again. For 5 anniversaries, I got pissed. I thought of those lost, and those they left behind. And as I got worked up, there was nothing for me to do. No way too vent my anger. No way to go out and even TRY to "make things right" . As I look around, I see some of my own countrymen act ANGRY at us trying to fight the evil which attacked us on 9/11. My fury and rage at them only grows as I see them protest our President, who is doing only what needs to be done, if not in the most effective way ever. How dare they vilify and LIE about our troops. as is going on in Hollywood as we speak. And as there's no outlet for my anger, I let the day simply pass by. Not forgetting, but not reliving either.

Having said all,that, I think much of why I didn't view this 9/11 as I had in yrs past was because of a DVD I saw. It was the documentary that Jules and Gedeon Naudet had made, and which most saw on t.v. not long after the attacks. I intentionally avoided watching it, as I knew it would get to me too much. Well, I finally saw it, and realized how impossible the truth is for some to take. What happened that day actually happened, and there are no amounts of 9/11 Truth. com web sites or Michael Moore / moveon. org propaganda movies that can ever be made which will change my outlook on that day. I think many have come to the conclusions which make them feel better, which don't challenge their view of the world, and that they don't want to understand or even aknowledge the evil in the world. Instead, it's easier for them to accept Bush did this, or it was an inside job, than for them to use their brains and actually SEE the world.

I'll not forget 9/11, not ever. Sadly, I think many want nothing more BUT to forget.

Archived