Republicans should condemn this guy

TexasTiger

Unlike Moveon, he's actually in charge of something-- the Republicans in Congress. They should demand his resignation for dismissing the ulitmate sacrifice by so many brave Americans as a "small price."

BLITZER: How much longer will U.S. taxpayers have to shell out $2 billion a week or $3 billion a week as some now are suggesting the cost is going to endure? The loss in blood, the Americans who are killed every month, how much longer do you think this commitment, this military commitment is going to require?

BOEHNER: I think General Petraeus outlined it pretty clearly. We’re making success. We need to firm up those successes. We need to continue our effort here because, Wolf, long term, the investment that we’re making today will be a small price if we’re able to stop al Qaeda here, if we’re able to stabilize the Middle East, it’s not only going to be a small price for the near future, but think about the future for our kids and their kids.

if we’re able to stop al Qaeda here, if we’re able to stabilize the Middle East

Good observation.

Then why are we in Iraq?

Condemn him for WHAT ? Stating the truth ?

:blink:

TexasTiger, I never credited you with an overabundance of brains, and you just reminded me why. Thanks bunches.

I see nothing wrong with his statement...nothing at all...

Then why are we in Iraq?

To stop al Queda there and stabilize the middle east. What do you not understand?

We've got about as good of a chance of "winning" in Iraq as the Cubs do of winning the world series.

I'd love to be wrong, but I fail to see how we're going to win when the term can't even be defined. Just my take.

Easy for a cowardly chicken hawk like you to dismiss others' sacrifice of their lives as a "small price."

I've never credited you with much of anything, and guess what...?

TexasTiger, I never credited you with an overabundance of brains, and you just reminded me why. Thanks bunches.

Easy for a cowardly chicken hawk like you to dismiss others' sacrifice of their lives as a "small price."

Context, bonehead. The issue here is context. The price being paid NOW is small w/ respect to what would have to be paid had we done nothing.

Go back and look at the battles in our nations history, from Antietam, D-Day to Iwo Jima. The price for what was secured then far exceeds what we've had to pay in this war.

War is not a football game, and the lives of our fallen heroes are not points on a score board. The disgusting tactic you slugs on the Left have adopted in promoting this body count bingo does nothing but encourage the enemy and dismiss the valor and bravery our soldiers have displayed for their country.

Context, bonehead. The issue here is context. The price being paid NOW is small w/ respect to what would have to be paid had we done nothing.

Go back and look at the battles in our nations history, from Antietam, D-Day to Iwo Jima. The price for what was secured then far exceeds what we've had to pay in this war.

War is not a football game, and the lives of our fallen heroes are not points on a score board. The disgusting tactic you slugs on the Left have adopted in promoting this body count bingo does nothing but encourage the enemy and dismiss the valor and bravery our soldiers have displayed for their country.

I know the lives of the these fine people mean nothing to you, but it is very possible to say, "The sacrifices that have been made are very significant, however, given what is at stake, sadly necessary to avoid even greater losses in the future."

Now, I don't believe this war is either wise, or worth it, but if one does, there are certainly ways to say it that are not so dismissive of the sacrifice.

TexasTiger moronically said : I know the lives of the these fine people mean nothing to you,....

As is typical w/ the extreme far Left, you start off w/ a false premise, and then carry on to ridiculous ends. While you want to hyper analyze what the good Congressman said and then get twisted in the semantics, it's clear that all you really want to do is distort the issue and play it purely for political reasons.

We're in this war, and belittling the lives of the fallen by your body count bingo does nothing to make your case.

This sad tactic was started in Vietnam, and the willing anti-American Liberal press took the idea and ran with it.

It's clear the lives of the fallen mean nothing to you, except that you wish the numbers go higher and higher, so your impotent political party can gain seats and the White House.

In scheme of what the potential losses could be, the sacrifices so far are very minimal. Now I KNOW as a father of a son who is serving what the fear and pain and the hurt of just thinking of losing my son is. It's hard to imagine the actual loss. But that does not change the numbers. And it does not change the fact that it is necessary now so that my other son, and others' sons, won't have to repeat this in the future on an even greater scale. Some believe that we may not have ever had to pay the piper. That's what some thought before WWII. I think that what we are doing now will help create a better future than just waiting to see what happens. Only time will tell. Will history call this a prudent move or a foolish move. I don't know. I feel it's prudent. Others, foolish. Only time will tell. But in terms of sheer numbers (no emotions added), this war is going well. I think the biggest problem is that only half of the country actually acknowledges that this is a war. They are still looking at this like it's a Blackhawk Down movie. Petraeus is the man chosen to lead the men. He should be given the respect that years of proven service has bestowed upon him. Boehner is a politician trying to see the big picture. His is an opinion, but it's not an ignorant opinion. Many folks on the "prudent" side see his point, but still hurt for every man lost.

In scheme of what the potential losses could be, the sacrifices so far are very minimal. Now I KNOW as a father of a son who is serving what the fear and pain and the hurt of just thinking of losing my son is. It's hard to imagine the actual loss. But that does not change the numbers. And it does not change the fact that it is necessary now so that my other son, and others' sons, won't have to repeat this in the future on an even greater scale. Some believe that we may not have ever had to pay the piper. That's what some thought before WWII. I think that what we are doing now will help create a better future than just waiting to see what happens. Only time will tell. Will history call this a prudent move or a foolish move. I don't know. I feel it's prudent. Others, foolish. Only time will tell. But in terms of sheer numbers (no emotions added), this war is going well. I think the biggest problem is that only half of the country actually acknowledges that this is a war. They are still looking at this like it's a Blackhawk Down movie. Petraeus is the man chosen to lead the men. He should be given the respect that years of proven service has bestowed upon him. Boehner is a politician trying to see the big picture. His is an opinion, but it's not an ignorant opinion. Many folks on the "prudent" side see his point, but still hurt for every man lost.

Though it is rare, I actually agree with most of your post. The one problem I do have is the part about the war going well. I don't think anyone, even the Bush admin. would say the war is going well. I think the war has gone terribly off plan, and no not one of our hippy libural plans but the plan that the Bush admin. laid out. You know, Mission Accomplished. End of major combat. I think it is hard to say it is going well.

I do agree though that comparitively for what we have done, had to face, continue to face, have to work with, and the strategy going into this that the numbers are not as bad as they could be, and that time will tell whether the decison was the right one or not.

Unlike Moveon, he's actually in charge of something-- the Republicans in Congress. They should demand his resignation for dismissing the ulitmate sacrifice by so many brave Americans as a "small price."

I think the reason everyone is so mad is because we love using semantics to show how our politicians feel. What he of course meant was that though it took great sacrifice, the end will justify the means. I don't think any politician(especially a politician) would mean to say the lose of life has been insignificant.

This same thing happened to Obama. He said the soldiers had died in vain. Everyone took this to mean that the soldiers are worthless and he doesn't care about them, when he of course meant that we have yet to accomplish anything yet.

I wish everyone on both sides would quit looking for ways to point out how someone made a slip-up and twist their words into something they obviously don't mean.

Archived