Tell me why UK can't win the east

BamaGrad03

I think they can hang with UF. I think they can beat UGA. And I think UT is awful.

UF will lose next week and have 2 SEC losses. UGA already has one, but will hammer UT next week.

Am I missing something here?

One word: history.

That's the only thing. If UK doesn't buy into history, they have the talent to win the East this year. If they get intimidated by not having been here before, they'll puke up a couple of games against UGA and UF.

This season, yesterday in particular has reinforced one thing, one game at a time! With that said I will say we will see what happens with Kentucky over the next couple of months. They do have some big games ahead.

1) UK has no defense whatsoever. That will eventually cost them 2-3 games, imo

2) They haven't played a team with a good D yet...neither Arkansas nor Louisville have any defense

3) They will NOT be sneaking up on anyone...that is going to be a huge factor for a team like them

They'll be doing well to win one of those three.

I'd love for Kentucky to win the East, but I have the feeling October isn't going to be very kind to them.

I think Rich Brooks is a good coach. I think Andre Woodson will be a superstar on Sundays.

They have everything going for them except one thing: a defense that can win a ballgame. In order to win a conference or even half of a conference, you have to have a complete football team. A team like LSU can take an offense away. If you can't stop LSU's offense, you don't have a chance.

I think Kentucky has a good shot at it. They just need to make some big plays on defense over the next few weeks.

they could win the east, but i don't think we know as much about them as we do about south carolina or georgia or even florida right now. slink is spot on about that. what have they proven? it's kinda like i said about florida last week... what the heck have they really done? florida pounded a subpar tennessee team that can't spell defense. kentucky has won two shootouts. we'll find out about them in the next two weeks because we're going to see what happens when the offense can't score 40.

i think woodson is the best qb in america. i think little and burton are legit. i think the offense is the best in the conference, but that doesn't matter. in the sec, you're going to get stuffed at least two or three weeks in the year no matter how good you are. the test is whether the special teams and defense can make plays and whether the offense is mature enough to turn it up when things aren't clicking.

if i had to guess, i think kentucky will go 3-2 in the big five left on the schedule: at south carolina, vs. lsu, vs. florida, at georgia, and vs. tennessee. i think they'll beat msu and vandy. that would be a 10-2 season with two sec loses. that might be enough to win the east if you lose the right games.

I think the key is losing the right games like you said.

This wins the stupid "me, too" post of the day award.

i don't think florida will finish with less than 2 loses.

i don't think uga will beat florida (history is just too telling in that game).

i think next week against south carolina is an elimination game for both because if carolina wins they should be favored in every game but one (florida) the rest of the way out. (the game i think could bite the gamecocks is arkansas. losing jasper brinkley is going to hurt a ton against that running game.)

I think the key is losing the right games like you said.

This wins the stupid "me, too" post of the day award.

What?

You used a lot of words to say, "Me, too!"

bg how do you think some of those games are going to break?

uf still has lsu, kentucky, uga, and usc.

uk still has the same teams.

usc still has kentucky, arkansas, and uf (easiest road).

uga still has uf, auburn, and kentucky.

and tennessee still plays all of them except uf.

bg how do you think some of those games are going to break?

uf still has lsu, kentucky, uga, and usc.

uk still has the same teams.

usc still has kentucky, arkansas, and uf (easiest road).

uga still has uf, auburn, and kentucky.

and tennessee still plays all of them except uf.

Well, what's tough is that we don't know as much about UK as we do the other teams in the league.

I think UF will score a boatload of points against UK and probably beat them handily. I think UK can put some points up on LSU, and will probably beat USC. The UGA game is a toss up.

UF will get throttled by LSU and doesn't match up well against UGA. UF's oline will struggle with UGA's front 7.

UT may lose a ton of games this year. Their D is beyond terrible.

I think Arky will run all over USC.

You used a lot of words to say, "Me, too!"

No, I used those words to pinpoint what I thought was the most important part of the previous post.

Their next three weeks are brutal:

at S. Carolina

LSU

Florida

0-3

SC actually has a decent defense and has enough offense to outscore them if necessary.

LSU's D could keep them from scoring more than 10 points.

Florida Timmy Tebow WILL outscore them.

Archived