LSU-SPUAT

AU alum

This is the only remaining game where I'll be pulling for LSU. To answer your question, no, I do not think SPUAT will win.

They actually think they are going to beat LSU! Does anybody here think SPUAT has a chance?

About as much chance as I have of being elected Senator of Alabama....wait, where have i heard that before.

This is the only remaining game where I'll be pulling for LSU. To answer your question, no, I do not think SPUAT will win.

This is where I suppose I am different from everyone else. I am realistic in that Auburn is not the best team in the SEC. So therefore I am rooting for LSU to go undefeated if Auburn loses to them. If Auburn loses to LSU, we have no chance, and don't even deserve, to go to Atlanta. I want to see a dominant SEC Champion go undefeated, go into the National Championship game, and destroy whatever patsy comes in their way.

Now, if Auburn somehow pulls off the upset of LSU, then yes, I will root for LSU to lose another game somewhere. But I doubt that'll happen

This is where I suppose I am different from everyone else. I am realistic in that Auburn is not the best team in the SEC. So therefore I am rooting for LSU to go undefeated if Auburn loses to them. If Auburn loses to LSU, we have no chance, and don't even deserve, to go to Atlanta. I want to see a dominant SEC Champion go undefeated, go into the National Championship game, and destroy whatever patsy comes in their way.

Now, if Auburn somehow pulls off the upset of LSU, then yes, I will root for LSU to lose another game somewhere. But I doubt that'll happen

Well, I certainly don't want LSU playing for the NC regardless. I'm curious though, If auburn beats LSU, why would you then want LSU to lose another game??

Well, I certainly don't want LSU playing for the NC regardless. I'm curious though, If auburn beats LSU, why would you then want LSU to lose another game??

It would give us extra cushion with Ole Miss, UGA and Bama left on the schedule.

Because I loathe LSU, esspecially their fans and I only wish that they would take a chill pill.

I'm with PChamp. If Auburn loses to LSU (assuming we win this weekend), I'll root for LSU to win them all. Looking at their schedule, there is no reason they won't, unless they get beat in the SEC Championship Game.

I'm with PChamp. If Auburn loses to LSU (assuming we win this weekend), I'll root for LSU to win them all. Looking at their schedule, there is no reason they won't, unless they get beat in the SEC Championship Game.

I think the only major team I could accept getting another championship is UGA, aside from Auburn, of course. But I find UF, SPUAT, LSU, and UT all to be too annoying.

There are 4 teams out there that I never want to win any kind of championship: uat, uf, lsu, and fsu. uat,never want them to score much less win a game, uf, only want them to win when they play uat, lsu, only want them to win when they play uat, fsu, only want them to win when they play uat.

Not only do I want an SEC team to play for the National Championship, and I believe LSU has the best chance at this, I CANNOT and WILL NOT be for SPUAT. I guess there is a slight possibility I would be for Bama against ND and USC - MAYBE. Still undecided about that, though.

uat will beat lsWHO.............Right before they beat the east team in the SECCG.

On second thought, Old Les will simply out coach 'em.

Yes, I do think Alabama has a shot.

A semi-decent one actually

Are you on crackus cocainus? :blink:

I'm married to one and she's bad enough. She pales in comparison to the rest of her family though. I not only have to put up with the Bama bunch (the rest of my family except my brother) 365, I have to deal with them as well. I say that to say this: I HATE THEM! (LSU not my in-laws). I wouldn't want them to win a NC regardless of being in the SEC, hurricanes, whatever. The funniest thing about the current situation is they were giving me hell about 3 weeks ago, but I haven't heard a peep recently.

It would give us extra cushion with Ole Miss, UGA and Bama left on the schedule.

Consider the following hypothetical: Suppose we survive tomorrow and do beat LSU, then drop another SEC game to, say Georgia. If LSU only has one conference loss (us) while we have two losses (MSU & UGA), then LSU goes to Atlanta (1 loss vs. two) even though we beat them on the field and have the head-to-head tie-breaker. A second conference loss by lsu definitely gives us a cushion, and the tie-breaker if we dropped a second.

Of course, who says that loss has to come from Bama? That's why I'm hoping Kentucky will jump-start the process tomorrow--only than can I fully enjoy the attendant circus when Les Miles comes calling in West Vance! ...Or focus the adequate amount of unbridled loathing for the SabanNation during the game :P

The only time I'll ever pull for SPUAT, UF, LSU, or TN(listed in order of difficulty to stomach) is in the event it provides help with:

1.) Auburn

2.) The reputation of the SEC as a whole(ie SEC winning all bowl appearances)

3.) Sticking it to the PAC-10, Notre Dame, Big-10, Big-12(ie UF over OSU last year)

Disclaimer: SPUAT not eligible for points 2 & 3. ;)

With that being said, doing this for me is kinda like being in high school when you had to drive your brothers and sisters to and from school in order to use the car on the weekends-Sure, you're REALLY disgruntled and frustrated getting in the car Monday morning, but by Friday night when they were at home in their jammies and you were out crusin', the inner stuggle with your weekly routine was replaced with a warm and tingly satisfaction...... :thumbsup:

War Eagle

Archived