Please say it isn't so!

AU alum

The last time I saw the line, it was a push. Either way, it's the lock of the week if you're a betting man.

Tennessee beats us a a decent margin. 34-21, possibly? The only way they'll ever punt is if they shoot themselves in the foot as our "defense" couldn't stop a paraplegic from an escape attempt. On offense, the Vol defensive line will be living in the backfield and we'll have very, very few third down conversions.

I'm not excited about the time, the game, the assured outcome, or anything else. Monday can't get here soon enough.

I can't believe the Bama-UT game is on LFS. I didn't think I would see the day that happened.

I know! I thought the same thing (and this is not a slam) when the UGA/AU game was on LFS. Neither one of those games have any business starting at 11:30.

I think it kinda makes sense given the other matchups this week. Nobody would have said at the beginning of the season that UF-UK would have been picked over that matchup.

I'd take that line ANY day.

I can't believe the Bama-UT game is on LFS. I didn't think I would see the day that happened.

I know! I thought the same thing (and this is not a slam) when the UGA/AU game was on LFS. Neither one of those games have any business starting at 11:30.

agreeance. I wonder why another network like ESPN2 didn't get the uat/tennessee game. That's too big a game every year just like uga/au to not be on a quality broadcast at a decent time.

Add to that craziness and the BCS has 3 SEC teams in the top 10....two of them are South Carolina and Kentucky. How crazy is that??

I think it kinda makes sense given the other matchups this week. Nobody would have said at the beginning of the season that UF-UK would have been picked over that matchup.

I agree that UF-UK, after UK's win last week, should be the 2:30 game this year.

agreeance. I wonder why another network like ESPN2 didn't get the uat/tennessee game. That's too big a game every year just like uga/au to not be on a quality broadcast at a decent time.

To add to this, I think CBS is doing the SEC a disservice by not having SEC double headers all season long. ESPECIALLY this time in the year. Too many big games to not broadcast em all.

I think issues like this are why the SEC will have it's own network next year...like the Big 11. The Big 11 network is AWESOME...HD (buh bye LFS)...great presentation...good broadcasters. All around top notch.

I agree that UF-UK, after UK's win last week, should be the 2:30 game this year.

To add to this, I think CBS is doing the SEC a disservice by not having SEC double headers all season long. ESPECIALLY this time in the year. Too many big games to not broadcast em all.

I think issues like this are why the SEC will have it's own network next year...like the Big 11. The Big 11 network is AWESOME...HD (buh bye LFS)...great presentation...good broadcasters. All around top notch.

Yeah, I fully expect the SEC to launch their own network. Not sure if it will be as early as next year, but it will be great when it happens. We won't have to worry about certain games not being on tv (ie: Auburn/Ole Miss next week) and such. I have yet to watch a game on the Big 10 network, but i notice on my dish network that they have virtually every game available. There is the regular big 10 channel (from what i can see) and a bunch of BIG 10 alternates. Seems most every game involving a big 10 team is on tv. If its not a network like ESPN, its their own network. I think the SEC was letting the Big 10 do the beta testing on this and keeping a close eye on how they do it, and what they do that works and what doesn't. Hopefully the SEC will be he leader in the conference networks, like we are the leaders in the sports on the field.

Add to that craziness and the BCS has 3 SEC teams in the top 10....two of them are South Carolina and Kentucky. How crazy is that??

You expected ESPN2 to pass up the gargantuan Maryland-Virginia showdown?

[/sarcasm]

Yeah, I fully expect the SEC to launch their own network. Not sure if it will be as early as next year, but it will be great when it happens. We won't have to worry about certain games not being on tv (ie: Auburn/Ole Miss next week) and such. I have yet to watch a game on the Big 10 network, but i notice on my dish network that they have virtually every game available. There is the regular big 10 channel (from what i can see) and a bunch of BIG 10 alternates. Seems most every game involving a big 10 team is on tv. If its not a network like ESPN, its their own network. I think the SEC was letting the Big 10 do the beta testing on this and keeping a close eye on how they do it, and what they do that works and what doesn't. Hopefully the SEC will be he leader in the conference networks, like we are the leaders in the sports on the field.

All SEC games should be on TV except for ones that Vanderbilt plays in

I think this is the first time I've EVER agreed with BG, but I think a CBS SEC doubleheader is a no-brainer.

InDNo

The earliest the SEC Network will come out is 2009.

Though the ESPN/CBS contracts are up in 2008...LF is not up until 2009 and I believe Lincoln has some sort of ownership in some part of any SEC Network...that last part could be wrong but I swear I remember hearing that.

do we automatically know that the creation of the SEC Network would eliminate LF from broadcasting games?? With each of those networks typically broadcasting 1 game each every saturday, there are still plenty of games that aren't picked up. Does the current tv contract prohibit the SEC from starting this until the contracts are up?? I haven't heard any of this.

Also, why is it that when CBS does a double header that LF doesn't do a game? I know they did one earlier in the year when CBS did their DH with LSU/Florida at night, but if its a day/day double header LF doesn't get a game. Why can't CBS do a double header EVERY Saturday and still give LF a game. After all, ole miss, and vandy have to play somebody every week. lol.

Yeah, it gets into your hat eating time....

Yeah, it gets into your hat eating time....

That's three times I posted something completely not smack or anything...and you tried to ruin it with your trash talk.

Why are you being such a dick? Why are you bringing down the board, and diverting every conversation towards your petty crap?

do we automatically know that the creation of the SEC Network would eliminate LF from broadcasting games?? With each of those networks typically broadcasting 1 game each every saturday, there are still plenty of games that aren't picked up. Does the current tv contract prohibit the SEC from starting this until the contracts are up?? I haven't heard any of this.

You know, I'd be fine with LFS if they'd buy a couple of cameras that didn't come from a yard sale...to shoot the games.

You know, I'd be fine with LFS if they'd buy a couple of cameras that didn't come from a yard sale...to shoot the games.

You need good quality equipment to capture all those first round draft picks from the Bama O-line.

Guys, this is really just a function of too many newsworthy games, that is all.

Archived