5 PLAYERS SUSPENDED FOR BAMA TODAY

autiger6

so, they found out about it and suspended the guys. if we let them play you guys would raise cain, but we suspended them indefinitely and you guys raise cain. i know this is just an outright blatant purposeful violation according to you guys, but i don't expect you to see it as objectively as you did the "glitch" in the AU system that paid some football players when it shouldn't have. its pretty funny how anytime something happens at UA it is sinister and on purpose, but if something happens at AU it was just a mistake and has been fixed. for that matter i don't think anyone knows exactly what the deal is right now with the books.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so, they found out about it and suspended the guys. if we let them play you guys would raise cain, but we suspended them indefinitely and you guys raise cain. i know this is just an outright blatant purposeful violation according to you guys, but i don't expect you to see it as objectively as you did the "glitch" in the AU system that paid some football players when it shouldn't have. its pretty funny how anytime something happens at UA it is sinister and on purpose, but if something happens at AU it was just a mistake and has been fixed. for that matter i don't think anyone knows exactly what the deal is right now with the books.

Well sure. If you want impartial treatment and viewing of this I suggest you discuss it on a TI.

Just sayin'.

TI is far from impartial.

They're probably over there saying AU sent spies in to pose as these players...to get us in trouble.

We wouldn't do that.

as far as you can prove.

Well sure. If you want impartial treatment and viewing of this I suggest you discuss it on a TI.

Just sayin'.

like i said, i don't really expect you guys to look at it objectively. simply pointing out the double standard, which was completely expected. if we did something wrong, we did something wrong and i would expect those players and officials that are involved in it to be punished. i'll hold off on doom and gloom mode until i see something from the university detailing what is going on though.

TI is far from impartial.

They're probably over there saying AU sent spies in to pose as these players...to get us in trouble.

We wouldn't do that.

as far as you can prove.

Sani, will Little nicky be put on probation as a bonus to go along with the 4 million a year??

Two questions:

In Ball State's case, they found it to be pretty deep yielding the probation. If during the "fact finding stage" other cases pop up, this could be ugly for the Tide. If it is only these five, they should rule it a minor infraction and take no serious action. I am concerned that several minors may be a major in a year or so......... recruiting woes, this (if not bigger), and if anything turns up at Hoover. The water is muddy from several angles.

1) In the Ball State case, were books the only violation or were there other charges/actions included? I.e., did Ball get in trouble for only textbooks violations alone?

2) Did Ball State get any other sanctions (schollies, recruiting visits, etc) beyond mere "probation"?

And a comment:

Nick also put equal responsibility on the players for poor judgement.

"Poor judgement"? ! IF it's theft, call it that! Anyone with enough judgement to make it to college should have enough judgement to know right from wrong, black from white.

Where's the grey area here in which rules are different if you show "poor judgement" because "the system failed you"?

Two questions:

In Ball State's case, they found it to be pretty deep yielding the probation. If during the "fact finding stage" other cases pop up, this could be ugly for the Tide. If it is only these five, they should rule it a minor infraction and take no serious action. I am concerned that several minors may be a major in a year or so......... recruiting woes, this (if not bigger), and if anything turns up at Hoover. The water is muddy from several angles.

1) In the Ball State case, were books the only violation or were there other charges/actions included? I.e., did Ball get in trouble for only textbooks violations alone?

2) Did Ball State get any other sanctions (schollies, recruiting visits, etc) beyond mere "probation"?

And a comment:

Nick also put equal responsibility on the players for poor judgement.

"Poor judgement"? ! IF it's theft, call it that! Anyone with enough judgement to make it to college should have enough judgement to know right from wrong, black from white.

Where's the grey area here in which rules are different if you show "poor judgement" because "the system failed you"?

They lost scholarships and practice time. The football team's only violation was the book. The total wound up around $27,000.

Ball State Overview

Archived