UGA/FL

TecmoBoJackson

I thought it was cheesy to be honest. Taunting defined, basically. Lucky for Richt, nobody made a scuffle out of it and they just ran back to the sideline. I could see the Ole Miss coach coming up with something like that, but not Richt...I thought he was better than that.

Holy CRAP! A numa sighting.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man....I didn't expect this celebration to get this much press

1st and 10 on ESPN talked about it today and PTI is about to talk about it in a few minutes

I think Coach Richt knew his team needed some emotions to kick in and he did this to get the juices flowin'. Good for him. He is a class act and a heck of a coach. Forgive me if I pull against him ONCE a year.

I kinda of wish CTT would have come up with that one. That was one of the most TEAM statements that you could make. And only in the face of Meyer and Tebow made it that much better. I wish they didn't have the excessive celebrations bring back the dances like the Sherman Shake. Football is supposed to be fun, rub it in the faces of the opponets.

UGA had better be ready to dance this weekend...Troy can be a giant killer!!! Watch out for the letdown Dawgs! Troy put a bigger beatdown on OKST than UGA. I'm just sayin'..............

My opinion, it was Bush League. Kind of something like the Florida State Criminoles would do back in thier hey day, but then again, Richt did learn from the best! He may come off as a choir boy, but he is still a football coach. It is not that big of a deal though, just a simple mistake. Remember Auburn stomping on the Tiger Eyes logo in LSU, I did not like that either. By the way, was that Tubberville or Tater Tot?

However, I would expect two things to come from this for UGA and Richt: 1) I am pretty sure they will NEVER do it again, like I said it was bush league (he is probably embarressed about it after the fact), but they got penalized 30 yards and it is over. Probably wouldn't work as well the second time around anyways. and 2) They will get thier asses handed to them next year by UF, no doubt about it. Tebow will be healthy and most likely with a tailback of some sort. AU and LSU are circled on thier calanders, but UGA is circled and asterixed with photos posted all over the weight room and stuff. They probably don't even remember who Wes Byrum is any more, much less that he is doing the gator chomp every time ESPN cues in college football weekends!

2) They will get thier asses handed to them next year by UF, no doubt about it. Tebow will be healthy and most likely with a tailback of some sort. AU and LSU are circled on thier calanders,

Don't know why AU would be circled....we don't play them again until like 2012

(he is probably embarressed about it after the fact)

Not in the least. It won us the game. I know, I know...people will think I am crazy or wrong for saying that but I and many others feel it really set the tone for the rest of the game.

They will get thier asses handed to them next year by UF, no doubt about it.

Possibly but I am going to enjoy the next 363 days

I didn't have any real big problem with it...something like that which runs completely counter to your coach's personality can sometimes be a good thing. He trusted his team to go out there and celebrate the TD, not to taunt the opposition directly. He was also OK with the flags it would draw. It's the chance you take.

Georgia has been getting their assed kicked pretty regularly by Florida in the last 20 years, so Richt felt like he needed to do something way out of the ordinary.

Georgia has been getting their assed kicked pretty regularly by Florida in the last 20 years, so Richt felt like he needed to do something way out of the ordinary.

He had to throw everything he had at the Gators, to pull out a win; his job was on the online. THUGA posts another loss this season (Auburn, Kentucky, GT, or possibly Troy) after ANOTHER Florida loss finishing the regular season 8-4 (when some predicted them to win the SEC East); the start of the 2008 season will be a 'hot seat' season for Marky for sure. He HAD to win the UF game, Georgia people were (still are) tired of getting their a***es handed to them year after year by Florida. I have heard more whinning and complaining about this year from the 'Dawg' fans I know about 'how tired they are to lossing to Florida), especially after Auburn laid it on Florida.

To think THUGA is #10 is in the BCS is a complete joke. I hope they stay in the Top 10 come the week of November 10. Auburn has a habit of thumping teams ranked in the Top 10.

The entire team running on the field after a touchdown.......that is pretty much junior varsity/middle school football, kinda of like stomping on the 'V' at Vanderbilt after winning by a last second field goal. It appears Mark is too busy planning the next mission trip to Peru to worry about keeping his 'boys' in line.

I think it was one of the single best strategic moves that I have seen in college football. We will have to see how the rest of the season goes, but it looks like it could be a turning point to the season. Apparently Richt thought his players were not playing with anny passion and wanted to change it. Like my dad always says, if you are not in a good mood, fake it, your attitude will eventually change in a positive way!

that is pretty much junior varsity/middle school football, kinda of like stomping on the 'V' at Vanderbilt after winning by a last second field goal.

Never happened. That myth has really taken on a new life of its own

that is pretty much junior varsity/middle school football, kinda of like stomping on the 'V' at Vanderbilt after winning by a last second field goal.

Nothing to be ashamed of, Vandy has a stout team. They thumped THUGA in Athens last year......nevermind.

Nothing to be ashamed of, Vandy has a stout team. They thumped THUGA in Athens last year......nevermind.

Not ashamed at all. It happens. We then end the year beating AU in Auburn, GT, and VT.....so obviously it didn't hurt us THAT badly

Not ashamed at all. It happens. We then end the year beating AU in Auburn, GT, and VT.....so obviously it didn't hurt us THAT badly

I liked how you had it before the edit.

Why do you hate UGA? And "THUGA" could be the worst, most inaccurate nick name that I have seen on here...

PAT DYE - Former Auburn coach

"I thought the thing at Florida was a stroke of genius for Mark. Watching him on the sideline in that game, he probably had more fun coaching that game than any game he has coached in his life. He has always been such a gentleman and he's had a lot of success doing it his way. It was certainly out of character for him but that is what made it such a great move."

http://www.ajc.com/uga/content/sports/uga/...treax_1031.html

"I thought the thing at Florida was a stroke of genius for Mark. Watching him on the sideline in that game, he probably had more fun coaching that game than any game he has coached in his life. He has always been such a gentleman and he's had a lot of success doing it his way. It was certainly out of character for him but that is what made it such a great move."

Thanks for not using the Tater Tot quote. :roflol:

Its all good, the man did what he thought his team needed. I see no wrong in it. Especially in a rivalry game like Florida. Anything to keep CBS from honkin the bobo of Tebow for a few minutes. ;)

(side note: Is CBS just going to become the Official Network of Florida Football? Kinda like golden gdomers deal with NBC? :puke: )

Its all good, the man did what he thought his team needed. I see no wrong in it. Especially in a rivalry game like Florida. Anything to keep CBS from honkin the bobo of Tebow for a few minutes. ;)

(side note: Is CBS just going to become the Official Network of Florida Football? Kinda like golden gdomers deal with NBC? :puke: )

UGA only won because Tebow had a sore shoulder. He wasnt himself. :rolleyes:

Coach Dye also said Georgia wasn't "man" enough to beat the Tide in Tuscaloosa. Do you need a link to that quote or do you follow UGA football and know what I am talking about?

I'm sure there are a lot of "performance" issues that use the excuse "he/I wasn't himself/myself"... not that I would know or anything. :big:

Because it definitely didn't have anything to do with UF's ability to run the ball ;)

Coach Dye also said Georgia wasn't "man" enough to beat the Tide in Tuscaloosa. Do you need a link to that quote or do you follow UGA football and know what I am talking about?

A big...who cares?

Well, I guess we are just getting our due since UF only won in 2005 due to Shockley's injury

Well, I guess we are just getting our due since UF only won in 2005 due to Shockley's injury

What would be the excuse for the other 15 games?

My mind still isn't made up on this UGA team. I really expected them to compete for the East. Ugly games against USC, Vandy, UAT, and UT. They still have a chance at Atlanta, but they sure don't look like the dominant teams of the past from UGA that won the SEC Championship.

What would be the excuse for the other 15 games?

Eh, I could find some if you really want me to come up with them.

My mind still isn't made up on this UGA team.

My mind was made up after UT.

This is a streaky, average team.

We won't win out. UT will win out. UT wins the East and loses to whoever they play in Atlanta.

I think Bama beats LSU

Archived