UGA/FL

TecmoBoJackson

Just wondering if anyone had anything to say on the penalty that the Bulldogs received after their first touchdown??? I thought that was a pretty cool way to get the team fired up. I have much resepect for Richt from the way that he handled his players after the Vanderbilt game and then seeing it during the FL game. UGA has one of the better coaches in the NCAA in my opinion.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I freakin LOVED IT. I LOVED IT. The look on Meyer and Tebow's faces right after was priceless.

Some keep saying that it "didn't work" because UF scored right after....yes, it did work. We kept that same energy the ENTIRE GAME for the first time in YEARS against UF...unlike 2004...we didn't wilt and almost completely blow it...

I LOVED IT. First time Richt said "f it" and broke out of his normal mode.

God that got me fired up

I was in Jacksonville for the game, surronded by a ton of my friends that went to UF. Obviously, they didn't like it at all, but it worked.

i think that the excessive celebration rule does need some tweaking. granted, no matter how much you tweaked it the UGA celebration would be flagged. however, if you did water it down it would require alot more judgement from the refs. i think its great to see a little excitement during the games, and we're dealing with 18-20 something year old kids. now i'm not all for the extreme showboating, etc etc. i just think we should let them have a little fun out there. i know a few seasons back it seemed like the excessive celebration flags were being thrown all over the place seemingly every game you watched. maybe thats why i feel the way i do, i don't know. i just think everyone needs to loosen up some, but still keep it respectful.

Pretty much the most fun I've had watching a game all season (besides Bama games of course).

Kudos to Richt for doing what he needed to do so his boys could get fired up.

Sorry. I'm going to be the old man here.

If you make it into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I just hate that crap.

They hadn't been there before. Well, only once in the last twelve tries. That was kind of the point.

I freakin LOVED IT. I LOVED IT. The look on Meyer and Tebow's faces right after was priceless.

Some keep saying that it "didn't work" because UF scored right after....yes, it did work. We kept that same energy the ENTIRE GAME for the first time in YEARS against UF...unlike 2004...we didn't wilt and almost completely blow it...

God that got me fired up

If UF wasn't fired up to play before the game, that bone headed THUGA move got them fired up. UF was going through the the motions expecting UGA to roll over like they usually do till that episode happened.

If anybody got fired up, it was UF.

It could have cost THUGA the game. If one UF player had of been in the act of throwing a punch or shoving a THUGA player to provoke a punch, every THUGA player that was on the field that had left the sideline after the play would have been tossed out of the game.

Can you imagine THUGA playing the rest of the game with about 15 kids? That would have been priceless.

Looks like GA finally has a running back for the 1st time in 25 years. Could be scary the rest of the way out.

You ever heard of Garrison Hearst and Mack Strong?

God that got me fired up

If UF wasn't fired up to play before the game, that bone headed THUGA move got them fired up. UF was going through the the motions expecting UGA to roll over like they usually do till that episode happened.

It could have cost THUGA the game. If one UF player had of been in the act of throwing a punch or shoving a THUGA player to provoke a punch, every THUGA player that was on the field that had left the sideline after the play would have been tossed out of the game.

Can you imagine THUGA playing the rest of the game with about 15 kids? That would have been priceless.

Wow, That didn't come out of right field or anything. I guess all situations can have different scenarios........

God that got me fired up

Wow, That didn't come out of right field or anything. I guess all situations can have different scenarios........

Thats the rule......you leave the sideline and come onto the field during a fight....you are ejected PERIOD. If an official so much as thinks there might be a fight and he looks up and sees kids coming off the sideline, he is just going to start writing down numbers, he doesn't care about who pushed who. There is no reason for 30+ plus kids to be on the field in between plays.

God that got me fired up

Thats the rule......you leave the sideline and come onto the field during a fight....you are ejected PERIOD. If an official so much as thinks there might be a fight and he looks up and sees kids coming off the sideline, he is just going to start writing down numbers, he doesn't care about who pushed who. There is no reason for 30+ plus kids to be on the field in between plays.

But there wasn't a fight. I can't say that I blame UGA after being owned by UF for so long. I didn't think thet were rubbing it in the face of UF, they were actually excited that they scored first, not something that happens much for them when playing UF. It is not like they were stomping on the Gator or 30 players went and did the Chomp in front of their sideline. I just it was something different and was glad to see a team get pumped up.

One last thought, apparently it didn't get UF fired up enough.

You're right. UF was expecting that and they got a shock that we were in their face the entire game instead of for one half or 3 quarters.

A risk that Richt took and it worked. Whether UF was so-called fired up or not....don't care...obviously their fired up team still couldn't beat us.

If we had sent them onto the field with chainsaws they may have decapacitated some of the UF players.

Lots of what-if's we could say in that situation.

Nothing bad happened.

But there wasn't a fight. I can't say that I blame UGA after being owned by UF for so long. I didn't think thet were rubbing it in the face of UF, they were actually excited that they scored first, not something that happens much for them when playing UF. It is not like they were stomping on the Gator or 30 players went and did the Chomp in front of their sideline. I just it was something different and was glad to see a team get pumped up.

One last thought, apparently it didn't get UF fired up enough.

yeah, i was thinking the same thing, thus the confusion. there was not a fight. they were just trying to get into UF's head is all. you guys came out of the tunnel first when we should have last IB, and nobody sat here and talked about how classless and blah blah blah it was. it was just something mental, and i think things like that are fun in a rivalry. little things like that are what makes a rivalry a rivalry. whats a little fun in a rivalry as long as nobody gets hurt?

If we had sent them onto the field with chainsaws they may have decapacitated some of the UF players.

Right before Halloween, that would have been cool to see though.

haha yeah, the look on Meyer and Tebow's faces would have been even better than what it was.

Tebow would have just eaten the chainsaws though

Man....I didn't expect this celebration to get this much press

1st and 10 on ESPN talked about it today and PTI is about to talk about it in a few minutes

I thought it was cheesy to be honest. Taunting defined, basically. Lucky for Richt, nobody made a scuffle out of it and they just ran back to the sideline. I could see the Ole Miss coach coming up with something like that, but not Richt...I thought he was better than that.

Archived