UGA/FL

TecmoBoJackson

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im a bit curious to see how we stop UGA's RB. The guy looked really good against florida.

UGA has quite a bit more of a balanced attack than Arky, but I say the same way we stopped D-Mac and Felix... with Trey, Q, Sen'Derrick, Thompson, Antonio Coleman, Evans, Stevens...that's how! I think we need to get in there an rattle Stafford early, then shut down the running attack. Remember, we have a much better defense than they have seen all year. Believe it or not, the best defense they have seen so far...Vanderbilt. It certainly is not UT, UF, or UK.

Slink, per your scenario Bama would meet UT in the SECCG. Could you be OK with Bama winning the SEC this year?

Sure. You saw what I was saying in the pre-season. I said Bama could win the West. Why? Because I have ALWAYS believed that the actual difference in talent between the top and bottom teams in the SEC is not as big as many believe. It comes down to coaching. The best coached/prepared team usually wins the games.

If Saban coaches and prepares an excellent game this weekend, Bama will win.

Bama may not have top-to-bottom talent as LSU/AU/UF but they certainly have enough to win any game on their schedule.

Richt coaches an excellent game against UF and we won. Richt coached the worst game of his career against UT and we got DESTROYED. Welcome to life in the SEC.

Where 2-3 losses still has you in the hunt

I think Bama beats LSU

A big.....who cares?

Can UGA beat Auburn? Bigger question, can UGA beat UK?

why are you so damn hostile toward slink and uga? i've never had this kind of hostility toward them, except in 2004 when their fans talked the most crap i've ever heard a team talk when they've come to auburn. and some uga douche wouldn't let us watch his tv at a tailgate before the game started. ok, yeah, they are douchebags, but slink is ok.

I thought it was cheesy to be honest. Taunting defined, basically. Lucky for Richt, nobody made a scuffle out of it and they just ran back to the sideline. I could see the Ole Miss coach coming up with something like that, but not Richt...I thought he was better than that.

I agree, I cried because that horrendous act set the SEC back several decades. I am now on antidepressants and I am going to write my congressman to beg him to get some class back in college football. There is no place for such evil acts in this world. And what if someone had have pulled a muscle jogging out there, or lost a leg or hip! I mean, look at how kids are "dancing" these days!! I blame Richt!

<FireRichtTheEvilCelebratorAllower.com>

I think Bama beats LSU

A big.....who cares?

why are you so damn hostile toward slink and uga? i've never had this kind of hostility toward them, except in 2004 when their fans talked the most crap i've ever heard a team talk when they've come to auburn. and some uga douche wouldn't let us watch his tv at a tailgate before the game started. ok, yeah, they are douchebags, but slink is ok.

My hostilities toward UGA are derived from a complete set of in-laws who not only graduated from UGA, but were born and raised in Athens. UGA's ooze and spew hate for Auburn. Never let them fool you, with their good ole' boy talk about 'fierce' games and the 'Deep South's first football game'; they hate Auburn!

Also, having been to the AU/UGA several times in Athens, and doing nothing to offend anybody but wear an orange baseball cap; I had several articles of food thrown at my wife and me. I hate everything associated with UGA.

I think Bama beats LSU

A big.....who cares?

My hostilities toward UGA are derived from a complete set of in-laws who not only graduated from UGA, but were born and raised in Athens. UGA's ooze and spew hate for Auburn. Never let them fool you, with their good ole' boy talk about 'fierce' games and the 'Deep South's first football game'; they hate Auburn!

Also, having been to the AU/UGA several times in Athens, and doing nothing to offend anybody but wear an orange baseball cap; I had several articles of food thrown at my wife and me. I hate everything associated with UGA.

I was at the UF/UGA game myself. I have to say that I've never really had a problem with UGA until now... I guess that's because I've never interacted with their fans other than the two times I've lived in Augusta but those interactions were never football related. Post-game in Jacksonville I met not ONE single UGA fan with an ounce of class or decency. When the game was over we stopped back by our car and I grabbed my AU hat and we walked to the Landing. On the way we probably met, I'd say, around 40 to 50 UGA fans. Not a one of them said anything like "good game, see ya next year." I can't repeat here the stuff that was said. One car with a bunch of idiot frat boys in it kept riding beside us and wouldn't stop saying "Go Tebow yourself" over and over and over and over again. I got it at first. Ha ha. Then it just got old and wasn't funny anymore. I almost replied "Go Bud Select yourself" and wanted to throw my half full beer can into their window. I opted out. Realized it wasn't my fight. Even tailgating beforehand in a parking deck (it was raining) two separate vehicles with UGA fans "attempted" to swerve at me, my UF girlfriend and her friends. Reminded me a lot of uat and LSU fans, to be honest. Sort of a letdown. I expected more from UGA fans... don't know why... I guess because I have a lot of respect for Richt and figured that fanbase followed his lead.

It's probably good you didn't tell them to "go bud select yourself." Especially if it was in one of those weenie slim cans. ;)

You're right. It was a Bud Select pony can. Probably wouldn't have done much good.

Archived