Loss to ULM compared to the death of 2,388 Sailors/Marines/Soldiers

JohnDeere

The Huntsville Sports radio talking heads are tearing Saban up this morning on his little comments during his press conference yesterday, comparing the ULM loss to Pearl Harbor and 9-11. They are saying Saint Nick needs to release an apology.

And there is no BS excuse about taking his words out of context, the man is paid enough to think before he speaks to the public of this state and to rationalize that his words could be misconstrued in that comparsion.

Saban is an idiot.

His exact words as quoted in the Huntsville Times:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/huntsvil....xml&coll=1

Saban opened his press conference by saying, "Changes in history usually occur after some catastrophic event."

"It may be 9-11, which sort of changed the spirit of America relative to a catastrophic event," Saban said. "Pearl Harbor got us ready, you know, for World War II, or whatever, and that was a catastrophic event. I don't think anybody in this room would have bet that we would have lost back-to-back games to Mississippi State and ULM, no disrespect to either one of those teams, and there is really a reason for that."

Another thing that struck me:

Even when resorting to such hyperbole, he then seems to diminish the significance of those two events with his bland modifiers: 9/11 "sort of" changed our spirit, Pearl Harbor got us ready for WWII "or whatever". If his talks to the team are equally muddled, no wonder they seem so dispassionate on the field.

What a dick. I would like to kick his ass while wearing my uniform, and then ask him if that "sort of" hurts.

I can't agree more with how much of an idiot he sounds like. There is definitely not going to be anyway to spin this around. And it is nice to know that it is not only this board that thinks so. I just watched the video from the Espn morning talk show and witnessed all three hosts talk about how irresponsible it was and that some ramifications need to come from the President of uat.

Yes, but doesn't this provide insight into the egocentric world of the Mullet Nation? If you visit their message boards, you'll see that almost all of those knuckle-dragging rednecks agree with his analogy.

Yes, but doesn't this provide insight into the egocentric world of the Mullet Nation? If you visit their message boards, you'll see that almost all of those knuckle-dragging rednecks agree with his analogy.

Yes and that was even brought up on that talk show but at the same time was immediately shot down saying that no matter how much you (bammers) love football that it is disgusting and of no comparison.

Makes me remember of the time Kellen Winslow said all that non-sense about being a "soldier". Makes me laugh at how stupid he looked and sounded, real men of genius.

Archived