Saban to LSU?

SupperClub

I was listening to The OD on the way to work this morning, and Al Del Greco said he spoke with a source close to the LSU Athletics Department. He was told that Saban made it known that he would be willing to listen to an LSU offer if Miles accepts the Michigan job. He went on to say that he may even consider taking a pay cut.

Again, I'm just telling you what I heard. I personally think the chance of Saban going back to LSU is slim-to-none.

Could you imagine the meltdown if it happened?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was listening to The OD on the way to work this morning, and Al Del Greco said he spoke with a source close to the LSU Athletics Department. He was told that Saban made it known that he would be willing to listen to an LSU offer if Miles accepts the Michigan job. He went on to say that he may even consider taking a pay cut.

Again, I'm just telling you what I heard. I personally think the chance of Saban going back to LSU is slim-to-none.

No buy out + LSU job opening = T-Town implosion...............

I do not think he will, but if he does, that's fine. I didn't think Fran would leave. Shows how much I know. If he doesn't want to be here, why would we want him to stay? I wonder who we would hire if he did leave..... :P

I would like to be one Bama fan that says it first. I don't want Coach Saban to leave, but if Coach Saban wants to go, then he should go. Life is too short to live where you don't want to be. If LSU is truly a place that he loves, and this opportunity comes up then he should do what he has to do. I think that he is a great coach, but I am sort of tired of his mouth, and never knowing if he is going to be rude to someone. I support him as long as he is our coach, as I have all the coaches that we have had, but I truly do not want him here if he does not want to be here.

If he does not appreciate all the fan support that he has received since he has been here, and the administration bending over backwards to try and make him happy, then maybe it would be better for him to just leave.

I would like to be one Bama fan that says it first. I don't want Coach Saban to leave, but if Coach Saban wants to go, then he should go. Life is too short to live where you don't want to be. If LSU is truly a place that he loves, and this opportunity comes up then he should do what he has to do. I think that he is a great coach, but I am sort of tired of his mouth, and never knowing if he is going to be rude to someone. I support him as long as he is our coach, as I have all the coaches that we have had, but I truly do not want him here if he does not want to be here.

If he does not appreciate all the fan support that he has received since he has been here, and the administration bending over backwards to try and make him happy, then maybe it would be better for him to just leave.

make that 2 :big:

I have a hard time believing the the powers-that-be in Baton Rouge would really want Tricky Nick back.

Leaving them in a lurch to take the Miami job, his "coon-ass" comments, signing with one of their biggest rivals in the SEC West, and the media laughing stock he's become since getting to West Vance... I know I wouldn't want him if I were an LSU booster.

I do not think he will, but if he does, that's fine. I didn't think Fran would leave. Shows how much I know. If he doesn't want to be here, why would we want him to stay? I wonder who we would hire if he did leave..... :P

Del Greco said the exact same thing about CTT and CNS this morning..........

I wonder who we would hire if he did leave.....

That's a good question considering half the coaching universe turned you down last year...

No kidding. If Saban truly does leave (which I doubt this year. Next year, however, is a different story), then the Alabama football program will be a textbook case in mismanagement. Seriously, how does a program go from the pinnacle of college ball in 1982 (Which I'll freely admit) into the total trainwreck that it is right now? At this rate, Alabama will be the equivalent of Army in another few years, lamely pointing at the great teams it had fifty years ago.

Seriously. Alabama, with the exception of hiring Gene Stallings, has made one horrible decision after another. Even then, Gene Stallings was run off a couple of years after finessing a national championship for Alabama--one of the best single-season coaching jobs in history. It's really breathtaking. How has the Alabama leadership managed to be so stupid for so long?

Plus, thanks to the precedent set by Saban, every possible replacement will be expecting a lot more money than in the pre-Nick era. Not another $4Mill/year, perhaps, but probably more than that candidate would get anywhere else or more than he's really worth.

make that 2 :big:

I don't like this. Y'all are making far too much sense! :)

It's really breathtaking. How has the Alabama leadership managed to be so stupid for so long?

They went to school at Bama?

*rimshot*

Just kidding.

From my view it doesn't seem like Saban is happy at Bama. I am not sure I have seen him without the constipated look on his face anywhere else, but I would assume if someone at LSU offered him the job with a reasonable salary and an open hand he would think about it.

LSU is a far better job than Bama at this time. You can see it on his face, he is frustrated with the school, its fans, and the media. I am not sure if thats a general frustration with his life, college football in general, or Bama.

I just wouldn't sit slackjawed if he announced he was going "Home" to LSU. I honestly expect him to retire in 3-4 years either way. It looks like the Football world has taken a toll on his life. He made a comment a few weeks back in a presser about how he would take the wife out if she would have anything to do with him.

Something is up with little Napoleban.

I wonder who we would hire if he did leave.....

That's a good question considering half the coaching universe turned you down last year...

No kidding. If Saban truly does leave (which I doubt this year. Next year, however, is a different story), then the Alabama football program will be a textbook case in mismanagement. Seriously, how does a program go from the pinnacle of college ball in 1982 (Which I'll freely admit) into the total trainwreck that it is right now? At this rate, Alabama will be the equivalent of Army in another few years, lamely pointing at the great teams it had fifty years ago.

Seriously. Alabama, with the exception of hiring Gene Stallings, has made one horrible decision after another. Even then, Gene Stallings was run off a couple of years after finessing a national championship for Alabama--one of the best single-season coaching jobs in history. It's really breathtaking. How has the Alabama leadership managed to be so stupid for so long?

Pinnacle in 1982? No.

Pinnacle in 1978? Yes. By 1982 the decline had already started.

Part of me wants him to leave to fuel the coaching carousel that is uat.

Bring that turnover rate even higher up.

But the other part of me wants him to continue to fail at uat as I know he will, to prove that the "process" is a sham.

Part of me wants me to leave to fuel the coaching carousel that is uat.

Bring that turnover rate even higher up.

But the other part of me wants him to continue to fail at uat as I know he will, to prove that the "process" is a sham.

Maybe Alabama was part of the "Process" to get back to LSU...... B)

i doubt he will leave. he actually seems to be a pretty happy person while out on the recruiting trail. i met him and a few other coaches at Outback when he was down here and he seemed kinda laid back to me. but if he does decide to leave, then best wishes to him and his family. i just can't get upset at someone for doing what is best for their family.

I think Loydd Carr's descision to come back one last year and put off his retirment till this year really messed with the system.

Miles would have been chomping at the bit to get over to Michigan last year, and Saban would have taken the LSU job if it was open.

The fans at LSU would have welcomed him back with open arms then and he wouldn't have gone to Alabama.

Honestly, Alabama needs a coach Croom type guy. A person willing to fight to instill some integrity into the program.

Croom would have had all the bammer thugs sitting the whole year.

i doubt he will leave. he actually seems to be a pretty happy person while out on the recruiting trail. i met him and a few other coaches at Outback when he was down here and he seemed kinda laid back to me. but if he does decide to leave, then best wishes to him and his family. i just can't get upset at someone for doing what is best for their family.

sure he is, plenty of money no loyality to any program. Do you really think he cares if it's LSU, uat, Miami?

That's one reason he is so uncomfortable in front of the media, to him it is totally stupid and a waste of time.

we couldn't have fielded a football team. but hey, i'm sure that would have been even better to satisfy you that our coach is getting the job done.

I think Loydd Carr's descision to come back one last year and put off his retirment till this year really messed with the system.

Miles would have been chomping at the bit to get over to Michigan last year, and Saban would have taken the LSU job if it was open.

The fans at LSU would have welcomed him back with open arms then and he wouldn't have gone to Alabama.

Honestly, Alabama needs a coach Croom type guy. A person willing to fight to instill some integrity into the program.

Sadly enough, I was thinking the same thing about Croom. He couldn't do any worse than Shula, and he would be loyal. Oh well, we will hire him after Saban......

we couldn't have fielded a football team. but hey, i'm sure that would have been even better to satisfy you that our coach is getting the job done.

What would be more important, fielding a team that went 6-6 and has a huge moral and internal dispute issue? Or a 4-8 team that was on the right track with all these kids that are supposedly bad eggs without a Scholarship?

Id rather have a coach come in and clean house if it needs to be cleaned, explain he will field a team with what he has and that it will be a difficult season.

Id rather watch a team full of walk ons and players playing new positions rather than field a team of thugs and criminals. Seeing that is what Saban "alledgedly" is having to deal with at the end of the year makes me question his ethics. If you can't have the moral fortitude to fix the problems at the possible cost of a season when the problems will still cost you a season you shouldn't be in a leadership position over young men.

If he does not appreciate all the fan support that he has received since he has been here...

Really? Support? Since the LSU game I haven't seen one Sabanation shirt or hear about how he's the second coming. Your buddies at bamamag all pretty much blame him for the players "quitting".

Id rather have a coach come in and clean house if it needs to be cleaned, explain he will field a team with what he has and that it will be a difficult season.

Id rather watch a team full of walk ons and players playing new positions rather than field a team of thugs and criminals. Seeing that is what Saban "alledgedly" is having to deal with at the end of the year makes me question his ethics. If you can't have the moral fortitude to fix the problems at the possible cost of a season when the problems will still cost you a season you shouldn't be in a leadership position over young men.

Exactly. He has proven that he has lost his ability to make decisions....as evidenced by his Miami debacle with the coaches challenge flag he was too scared to throw, and this season on a whole.

He does not DO things like a leader and then explain what he did. He talks about what "needs to be done" and what he's "going to do" in the future without ever doing anything but talking about it. It's like he's asking permission from the media and the fans to put somebody on the bench, and even when he does that, he lets the play the 2nd half anyway.

Archived