Question for Arkansas fans

PowerI

Why has Arkansas not gone after Butch Davis. You would think, since he played at Arkansas and his resume speaks for itself that he would have been Arkansas first choice. I can't see why they would have trouble getting him, he's at a basketball school and Arkansas has the money with donors like Walton and Tyson. Just something I have been wondering.

I read an article the other day, and it said that he wanted to stay at UNC and build it back up. He is excited about renovations on the stadium and other commitments to the program. Sorry about the no link.

I read an article the other day, and it said that he wanted to stay at UNC and build it back up. He is excited about renovations on the stadium and other commitments to the program. Sorry about the no link.

There is also much less pressure to win big at a basketball school. 8-4 won't get him fired.

There is also much less pressure to win big at a basketball school. 8-4 won't get him fired.

Isn't Arkansas a basketball school? Or at least they were when Nolan Richardson was there.

Maybe you should post a question or two for Notre Dame fans!

Maybe you should post a question or two for Notre Dame fans!

And one for Michigan fans too... After all we are inundated with wolverine fans here... <_<

Oh, wait...maybe he's finally found the team he wants to pull for and this is his way of letting us all know. It's a search that was certain to come to a conclusion eventually. Perhaps this is it?

Isn't Arkansas a basketball school? Or at least they were when Nolan Richardson was there.

They think they're both.

They think they're both.

That's their problem. <_<

Why has Arkansas not gone after Butch Davis. You would think, since he played at Arkansas and his resume speaks for itself that he would have been Arkansas first choice. I can't see why they would have trouble getting him, he's at a basketball school and Arkansas has the money with donors like Walton and Tyson. Just something I have been wondering.

We did talk to him about the job, but he didn't want to bolt UNC after only 1 year there. He is friends with John Tyson, they have known each other since they were kids. If we had fired Nutt 2 years ago, he would be going into his 3rd year at Arkansas. Him not taking the job had nothing to do with the fans, money or anything like that, only that he made a commitment to UNC and wants to see it through.

Heath Cutcliffe would be a fine mate to add to the west exes.

I mean David

Or Heathcliff, from "Wuthering Heights"? :)

:au::homer:

Archived