Rich Rodriguez is Michigan's Coach

Justin5

what a difference a year makes. Bet he's glad he changed his mind about taking the 10 steps down the ladder to coach at uat. Now he's move way up the ladder from WVU to Michigan. Good for him.

gonna be interesting to see who WVU goes after to take his spot.

So he'll leave WVU for Michigan... but not Alabama...

I'm still confused though, because the majority of this board was pretty confident that Les Miles was going to Michigan. What happened? Even when he said he wasn't going to go, or when he signed an extension, you guys seemed pretty confident on him bolting for Michigan. But of course, those rules only apply to Tuberville...

I'm still confused though, because the majority of this board was pretty confident that Les Miles was going to Michigan. What happened? Even when he said he wasn't going to go, or when he signed an extension, you guys seemed pretty confident on him bolting for Michigan. But of course, those rules only apply to Tuberville...

If Kirk Herbstreit hadn't jumped the gun, Les Miles would be Michigan's head coach today. Or at least as soon as the bowl games are over.

That's what fueled most of the speculation. You can see from Miles' expressions and mannerisms that he's clearly uncomfortable and maybe even a little regretful that he allowed reporters to box him in when he called that idiotic press conference and then started talking when he should have shut his mouth. That's why most people figured that no matter what he said or did he was still working on things behind the scenes and would leave.

The one thing I'll give Miles, though, he's not a liar like Saban and Petrino are. He talked himself into a corner and at least had the integrity to do what he said he would. Assuming he doesn't now jet to UCLA or some place like that.

Galen, you can speculate all you want, but you're just guessing. Nothing more or less. Miles might've agreed with Michigan prior to the SEC title game for all I know. Maybe he was just planning to. Or maybe. Just maybe. He was telling the truth, and he never actually interviewed for the job (both sides had an agreement to wait till after the title game), and he might've just said thanks but no thanks. Maybe Michigan would've rejected HIM after the interview. We'll never know, and anything else is just plan speculation.

What we do know: Michigan is more desirable than Alabama (despite the likelihood that Bama pays better).

A chance to beat Tiny Tot, Petrino, and $aban in the same year? That would just be overwhelming.

PS. I just read the article... Michigan stole WVU's basketball coach last year and the football coach this year. That hurts. I think it's safe bet to say WVU fans hate Michigan.

I'll admit that there is a fair amount of homerism on this board (or any board for that matter). Why is it that you feel that it is your place and mission to consistently remind everyone how objective you are and how blind and biased everyone else is? It comes across as very elitist, and although I usually have no problem with your posts, it helps me understand why others find you so obnoxious.

Galen, you can speculate all you want, but you're just guessing. Nothing more or less.

Thus the word "speculation"

You have your opinion, I have mine. I firmly believe that Les Miles intended to negotiate with Michigan and would have worked out a deal had the news not broken early. Numerous others in the national media believe the same thing.

As a Michigan fan, I'm GLAD Miles botched the process. I'm HAPPY that dolt is staying at LSU.

I'll admit that there is a fair amount of homerism on this board (or any board for that matter). Why is it that you feel that it is your place and mission to consistently remind everyone how objective you are and how blind and biased everyone else is? It comes across as very elitist, and although I usually have no problem with your posts, it helps me understand why others find you so obnoxious.

Because when I offer an unbiased opinion, I get attacked for it. There isn't enough homerism on my part I guess.

I was one of the many on this board that thought Les Miles would end up at Michigan. This afternoon I see that CRR is taking the Michigan job. But I remember that he was taking the job at Alabama too, and when he went back to WVU, that got changed. We'll see what happens in a day or two.

I was one of the many on this board that thought Les Miles would end up at Michigan. This afternoon I see that CRR is taking the Michigan job. But I remember that he was taking the job at Alabama too, and when he went back to WVU, that got changed. We'll see what happens in a day or two.

I don't think it ever became official though. SI and ESPN didn't make it this big of a deal. It was more of a "source." It was just like the Tuberville to Arkansas thing, but a little more true. This is from the AP and much more public and well-known.

I don't think it ever became official though. SI and ESPN didn't make it this big of a deal. It was more of a "source." It was just like the Tuberville to Arkansas thing, but a little more true. This is from the AP and much more public and well-known.

Hate to bust your bubble, but the Rodriguez to Bama thing WAS reported by just about everybody including AP. Somebody probably still has the gigantic announcement Tuscaloosa News posted on their website (and may have actually printed in their paper).

I'm still confused though, because the majority of this board was pretty confident that Les Miles was going to Michigan. What happened?

it was the only way WarTim could keep up his "CNS will go to LSU" battle cry for so long.

I'm still confused though, because the majority of this board was pretty confident that Les Miles was going to Michigan. What happened?

it was the only way WarTim could keep up his "CNS will go to LSU" battle cry for so long.

Just an assumption based on his classless track record. I am also on record as stating that I hope little nicky "coaches" in west vance for a long time. My Coach and my Team...OWN him.

p.s. S I X ! ! !

Because when I offer an unbiased opinion, I get attacked for it. There isn't enough homerism on my part I guess.

FWIW, an unpopular or minority opinion is not necessarily unbiased, it just reflects a different set of biases.

After combing some WVU boards, there seems to be a genuine interest in TaterTot.

I am completely dumbfounded why they think it would be a good idea. :ucrazy:

I will say that I became pretty good friends with an Auburn grad student from WVU and I feel pretty bad for him. The last week has sucked hardcore for him.

Archived