Official Signing Day Commentary Thread

TitanTiger

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guys on Rivals seem to think Quinn is wavering. We looked really good last night but he's shaky this morning.

...Just food for thought...

I wonder when these kids actually make these decisions...Do they just wake up and say "Yawn...I will go to <insert school here>". You would think they would pretty much have it decided beforehand...But, then again I am not an 18 year old kid being promised the world...LOL

How did you choose what college you attended? It's not much different really. The only difference is that here an athlete signs a LOI. Non-athletes send in like a $250 deposit.

I came down to Auburn, Bama, Tennessee, and Purdue. Auburn was the last school I visited (my dad wanted me to tour the campus, it wasn't even on my list). My entire life I planned on attending Purdue until I realized I wanted to be in the south where it was warm and near my older brothers. During the tour at Auburn, I had that home feeling and told my dad I planned on attending Auburn. I continued to think it through and my father gave me until Thanksgiving to decide where I would attend. I chose Auburn because it made the most sense and I felt most at home with it. It was a tough decision and I don't think I was ever 100% confident with my decision until a few weeks later when I realized we had already sent in the deposit and I would have to live with my decision. I'm happy with that decision. Surely glad I didn't go to Bama. I'd be 0-6 instead of 6-0 right now.

The guys on Rivals seem to think Quinn is wavering. We looked really good last night but he's shaky this morning.

I wonder when these kids actually make these decisions...Do they just wake up and say "Yawn...I will go to <insert school here>". You would think they would pretty much have it decided beforehand...But, then again I am not an 18 year old kid being promised the world...LOL

I'm happy with that decision. Surely glad I didn't go to Bama. I'd be 0-6 instead of 6-0 right now.

I went to Samford...And they are 0-1 (at best...lol) against Auburn...

How did you choose what college you attended? It's not much different really. The only difference is that here an athlete signs a LOI. Non-athletes send in like a $250 deposit.

I came down to Auburn, Bama, Tennessee, and Purdue. Auburn was the last school I visited (my dad wanted me to tour the campus, it wasn't even on my list). My entire life I planned on attending Purdue until I realized I wanted to be in the south where it was warm and near my older brothers. During the tour at Auburn, I had that home feeling and told my dad I planned on attending Auburn. I continued to think it through and my father gave me until Thanksgiving to decide where I would attend. I chose Auburn because it made the most sense and I felt most at home with it. It was a tough decision and I don't think I was ever 100% confident with my decision until a few weeks later when I realized we had already sent in the deposit and I would have to live with my decision. I'm happy with that decision. Surely glad I didn't go to Bama. I'd be 0-6 instead of 6-0 right now.

You should be very happy with your decision. I would not wish for anyone to go to Purdue.

In all seriousness, rarely in life do I have an actual opportunity to wish someone nay, but Jarmon Fortson, welcome to the list! My wish list for Jarmon's life:

graduate with a college degree

learn the meaning of the word "commitment"

meet a wonderful to marry

have beautiful, healthy kids

avoid injuries over the course of his career

fail miserably in football

I wish that kid no luck, not even one little bit, on the football field. You are on a short, short list of people who's failure on the field draws a smirk. You might as well have signed with Bama.

Last I heard is that his presser has been backed up to later today but that he's likely to sign with Auburn.

Yea, well so was Robert Quinn. I'll believe when it is actually reported.

I don't understand Forstan signing with FSU. CBB has passed his prime and will hold on as long as Joe Paterno lasts at PSU. FSU is on the brink of obscurity right now. Jimbo Fisher could still up and leave for a better opportunity, the coach in waiting deal is bull.

Whatever!

FSU always seems to be good for one late swoop in to take one of our guys. Happens almost every year. Diddy probably fills their heads full of ghost stories from the TaterTot days. Then they go on to play on mediocre teams and get beat by Florida.

I have heard innuendos floated that Fortson has a female interest at FSU. I really hope he base his football career on that, but I have heard it from two independent sources.

If Enrique had his mind made up, he would've announced already. If they said he was coming to Auburn and now is not deciding, why would anyone believe he would come here?

Well hell.

According to Scout & Rivals, Enrique will sign with Old Mrs.

Duh. Welcome to last week. Are you surprised?

Man, I didn't need any inside information to know that one was coming.

Screw Enrique Davis and these other kids that don't want to come to Auburn. I would've liked them, but screw 'em. They are the enemy.

Where the hell is Jermaine Johnson and Harry Adams? Why haven't they signed yet? Watch us lose them too...

Well hell.

According to Scout & Rivals, Enrique will sign with Old Mrs.

Duh. Welcome to last week. Are you surprised?

Man, I didn't need any inside information to know that one was coming.

Yeah, a little. Not exactly floored, but a little surprised. I knew he had wavered on us but the meetings with Gran, Franklin and CTT had gone well and even the national (non-AU) guys on the recruiting sites said they felt he'd sign with Auburn.

So, while I knew it wasn't a lock and he'd been all over the map lately, I thought in the end he'd come our way.

Hope he likes playing at 11:30am and losing to us.

Screw Enrique Davis and these other kids that don't want to come to Auburn. I would've liked them, but screw 'em. They are the enemy.

Where the hell is Jermaine Johnson and Harry Adams? Why haven't they signed yet? Watch us lose them too...

:puke:

The guys at Rivals are shocked by Quinn and Enrique. According to Bryan Matthews, both Enrique and Quinn gave them quotes last night for an Auburn commitment/signing article to go up today. I don't know what the hell happened.

The guys at Rivals are shocked by Quinn and Enrique. According to Bryan Matthews, both Enrique and Quinn gave them quotes last night for an Auburn commitment/signing article to go up today. I don't know what the hell happened.

Did Houston Nutt make a visit last night?

Archived