Official Signing Day Commentary Thread

TitanTiger

just want to send congrats to you guys on a great looking class... cant wait to play you guys next year.... also wanted to invite anyone over to www.mountaineernation.net if you have any questions about wvu for the game next year. if any of you are comming to wvu for the game next year and have any questions pm me and i'll help you out... I should be around on here some as the season approaches seeing what were going up against. ;)

As someone kind of new to the spread O. I know you guys ran well out of a spread (it looked spread to me, at least it was not the power I) Do you hand the ball to the runningbacks a lot out of the shotgun. I am used to seeing WVA running all over the place. I hope to see Auburn's Lester, Tate and Fannin doin the same next year.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes!!! we hand if off from the shotgun alot!!!... we do alot of play actions and diffrent wr. fake reverses to keep the d guessing... wvu uses alot of side ways passes to stretch the D to the sidelines to open running lanes... with a good and fast O-line the spread works. your o-line needs to be fast to block linebackers down field and your RB needs to be able to beat a player 1 on 1 bc thats useally what it becomes... you have to have a fast qb or it wont work!!! Ontario McCleabe is a great add for you guys should fit the spread well but sounds like you need a faster QB? you may be able to tweak it a little to use his streagths it is a very open offense... watch the wvu vs ok fiesta bowl or the wvu vs ga sugar bowl to see the spread at its best... those games it shined bc if you dont play it alot you dont know how to prepair for it (ex. ohio st. vs illions or appy. st. vs mich.)

just want to send congrats to you guys on a great looking class... cant wait to play you guys next year.... also wanted to invite anyone over to www.mountaineernation.net if you have any questions about wvu for the game next year. if any of you are comming to wvu for the game next year and have any questions pm me and i'll help you out... I should be around on here some as the season approaches seeing what were going up against. ;)

Thanks.....very classy. We sir shall return the favor when you come to AU.

Saban more than once had better recruiting classes than CTT when CNS was @ LSU, yet CNS has never had a winning record vs. CTT:

What type of logic says he can beat CTT w/ better players @ Bama when he couldn't do it @ LSU?

Saban more than once had better recruiting classes than CTT when CNS was @ LSU, yet CNS has never had a winning record vs. CTT:

What type of logic says he can beat CTT w/ better players @ Bama when he couldn't do it @ LSU?

Well isn't that just stupid.

Most people would realize that if you are going to compare recruiting classes to on-the-field performance, then you should compare the on-the-field performance of the recruits. Seeing that LSU for only 5 years, I would truly compare his last 2, maybe 3 years - Tubs went 1-1 (2-1 if 3 years). Not bad. And now he is 0-1 with out his recruits.

My point is, you don't really have enough data to compare the two when it comes to recruits vs on-field results.

Archived