McCain attacks Obama

RunInRed

Ladies and Gentleman: let the race begin.

BO fires back:

It turns out that yesterday and today John McCain started attacking me on economic policy which I thought was flattering it makes clear that he knows who his opponent is going to be and I am looking forward to a great debate on the issues with John McCain.

I have to say though that I was surprised that he took me on on economics because he has admitted—and by the way John McCain is a great American hero, a war hero we honor his service. But economics is not his strong suit. I mean he said I don’t understand economics very well and after what he said it shows because his main economic philosophy is to continue the same tax breaks that George Bush has been perpetuating over the last seven years and that the fact guess who? John McCain criticized as irresponsible back when he wasn’t running for President of the United States of America because he understood that we could not keep on with tax cuts for the wealthy at a time of war that it would be irresponsible that we would have tax cuts when military families are shouldering this burden and so many of the benefits of these tax cuts that I am quoting here so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate somewhere along the line he traded those principles for his party’s nomination and now he is for those tax cuts. So I just want to make everybody clear I am not. We can’t keep spending money. We can’t keep spending money in a war. We can’t keep on spending money that we don’t have on a war that should have never been fought and should have never been authorized.

We can’t keep mortgaging our children’s futures on a mountain of debt and we can’t keep on driving a wider and wider gap between haves and have nots in this country. That is not the American way. That is not the American way. So George Bush may not be on the ballot this fall, but his tax cuts and his economic policies are and if John McCain wants to debate the specifics of how well the economy has worked for ordinary families over the last seven years that is a debate that I am happy to have because the American people know that Bush’s policies have not worked for ordinary Americans.

do you know whether Obama voted in favor of the stimulus package or not? Just curious.

Plus, Obama has been saying on the campaign trail that he looks forward to facing McCain. And he was saying this before Mitt Romney dropped out.

Attack? Rather strong word. What did McCain say that is considered an attack?

Is it an attack to point out the truth? Maybe it's just pointing out the difference between an experienced candidate and a poser.

do you know whether Obama voted in favor of the stimulus package or not? Just curious.

It appears that both Obama and Clinton did not vote. McCain voted yes.

LINK

BO fires back:

It turns out that yesterday and today John McCain started attacking me on economic policy which I thought was flattering it makes clear that he knows who his opponent is going to be and I am looking forward to a great debate on the issues with John McCain.

I have to say though that I was surprised that he took me on on economics because he has admitted—and by the way John McCain is a great American hero, a war hero we honor his service. But economics is not his strong suit. I mean he said I don’t understand economics very well and after what he said it shows because his main economic philosophy is to continue the same tax breaks that George Bush has been perpetuating over the last seven years and that the fact guess who? John McCain criticized as irresponsible back when he wasn’t running for President of the United States of America because he understood that we could not keep on with tax cuts for the wealthy at a time of war that it would be irresponsible that we would have tax cuts when military families are shouldering this burden and so many of the benefits of these tax cuts that I am quoting here so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate somewhere along the line he traded those principles for his party’s nomination and now he is for those tax cuts. So I just want to make everybody clear I am not. We can’t keep spending money. We can’t keep spending money in a war. We can’t keep on spending money that we don’t have on a war that should have never been fought and should have never been authorized.

We can’t keep mortgaging our children’s futures on a mountain of debt and we can’t keep on driving a wider and wider gap between haves and have nots in this country. That is not the American way. That is not the American way. So George Bush may not be on the ballot this fall, but his tax cuts and his economic policies are and if John McCain wants to debate the specifics of how well the economy has worked for ordinary families over the last seven years that is a debate that I am happy to have because the American people know that Bush’s policies have not worked for ordinary Americans.

This isn't a commentary on the contents of the article, but does this not strike anyone as the run on sentence from hell. I was reading out loud to myself and had to take a couple of breaths on this one.

BO fires back:

This isn't a commentary on the contents of the article, but does this not strike anyone as the run on sentence from hell. I was reading out loud to myself and had to take a couple of breaths on this one.

It's probably just poor use of punctuation on the part of the person writing the transcript.

BO fires back:

It's probably just poor use of punctuation on the part of the person writing the transcript.

I hope so. My face is just now pinking up.

I think "attacks" is a bit thin-skinned to say. McCain didn't attack Obama. If he attacked anything he attacked his position on an issue, which is fair game.

Attack was BO's word not mine. It was not a personal attack but I think it's fair to say that both sides have ratcheted up their focus on one another since the Potomac Primary. Nothing more than a small appetizer of what's we will probably see from both sides in the coming months.

Then Obama is being thin-skinned about it. Critiquing your opponent's position on key issues, so long as it's not lying or distorting their views, is what you want candidate's to do in a race for President. This ain't patty cake.

It actually falls right in line with the thought that later, osama Obama will identify with the poor and the black to be the victim (once again) of the big bad white republican. The word "attack" was used for a reason. Watch and see. No one else really considers this an attack, but if he uses the word enough, it makes him look like he's a victim. And why would he be a victim? And what demographic is he reaching out to attempting to look like a victim?

Don't think for a minute these things haven't already been planned out.

Don't think for a minute these things haven't already been planned out.

Only in your sad, scared little world.

Yes. You are so enlightened living in your south Alabama utopia where nothing has anything to do with race. Like I told you years ago, if you would pop your head up out of that 55 gallon drum you live in, you would see the world the way it is, not the way you dream of it. We would all love to have a world like that. But we are not there yet. So go ahead and say what you will. But osama Obama will play every card he has eventually. So as I sit back in my scared little world, I will just watch and see how you spin it when it happens.

Archived