Interesting

BamaGrad03

funny i have a picture of the same car and it does not have a auburn tag on the front. it has been photo shopped. Does that look like a 296 to everyone else on the front of the photo shopped picture for the car number? if so here you go!

non photo shopped picture of car 296.

cnpca1280-vi.jpg

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny i have a picture of the same car and it does not have a auburn tag on the front. it has been photo shopped. Does that look like a 296 to everyone else on the front of the photo shopped picture for the car number? if so here you go!

How dare you bring factual proof into this arguement!

Yeah, your picture is Definitely Photo Shopped...There's no *Bling* to any of the headlights... :no:

whether the tag thing is legit or not, no idea. but if that isn't a TPD cruiser, its almost a carbon copy of one. same light bar, same looking graphics, no push bumper. i would 99% say it is a TPD cruiser. but like i said, as for the tag, no clue.

Galls.com, 'tardo. There are probably 50 agencies in Alabama ALONE that use that same striping scheme. It's one of the 50 GENERIC ones produced for law enforcement to buy off-the-shelf. If you'll look closely the font is different from that used by TPD. Also, TPD has the word "Tuscaloosa" in BIG red letters above the word POLICE on the sides. Why isn't that visible on your photoshop hack job?

This is the car you are looking at. It's a car kept by a collector (Jeff Branch, I believe).

http://images6.fotki.com/v101/photos/4/493...npca1280-vi.jpg

earlier in the week i posted the topic its' a auburn conspiracy

And while its obvious Bamagrad03's picture is a fake for me as a Auburn fan i really don't care. like i said earlier if it's true i only have one thing to say "keep up the good work an WDE!"

whether the tag thing is legit or not, no idea. but if that isn't a TPD cruiser, its almost a carbon copy of one. same light bar, same looking graphics, no push bumper. i would 99% say it is a TPD cruiser. but like i said, as for the tag, no clue.

Galls.com, 'tardo. There are probably 50 agencies in Alabama ALONE that use that same striping scheme. It's one of the 50 GENERIC ones produced for law enforcement to buy off-the-shelf. If you'll look closely the font is different from that used by TPD. Also, TPD has the word "Tuscaloosa" in BIG red letters above the word POLICE on the sides. Why isn't that visible on your photoshop hack job?

This is the car you are looking at. It's a car kept by a collector (Jeff Branch, I believe).

so, you dispute that the picture AUdrew1 has is correct then? same paint scheme, same graphics package, same light bar, same rims, same unit number, no push bumper. yeah, man, i'm such a 'tardo. what was i thinking? just how many TPD cruisers have you been up close and personal with?

it's frigging illegal for the general public to own a cop car with the paint scheme and the blue lights, that would be called "impersonating a officer". why do you think volunteer fire fighters use red lights because it's illegal for anyone other than the police to have flashing blue lights on a vehicle.

I'm sure if this wasn't a TPD car with an AU tag or an APD car with a UAT tag, you wouldn't care enough to have ever thought about having an opinion on it.

Yeah, that's counter to what I've said about 183 times in this very thread. But whatever. If you choose to blatantly ignore what I post, why do you even respond? It makes you look ignorant.

What you're suggesting is no different than saying no person, when acting in any capacity other than their own (while on their personal time) should ever display any allegiances or preferences towards any group, organization, cause, university, initiative, politician, sports team, business, etc. It's not only asanine, it's impossible to enforce. This means no hats, shirts, class rings, tattoos, comments (Roll Tide, War Eagle) that could possibly make someone think their ulterior motive was anything but objectively professional.

I'm suggesting nothing of the sort. To compare a dude in advertising or finance who wears a AU pin on his shirt to someone who has decided to place his allegiances on a GOVERNMENT OWNED POLICE VEHICLE is retarded. Yes RETARDED. Again, I'm not saying it would happen...but to suggest that it couldn't potentially be a problem (and easily avoided one) is short sighted at best.

Does the police cruiser BELONG to the police officer? Or does it belong to the taxpayers?

Why is that TPD cruiser in Alberta, AL?

Maybe because Alberta, AL is on the same street as the UNIVERSITY of Alabama...about 3 miles up the road.

Far cry from Prattville for sure.

it's frigging illegal for the general public to own a cop car with the paint scheme and the blue lights, that would be called "impersonating a officer". why do you think volunteer fire fighters use red lights because it's illegal for anyone other than the police to have flashing blue lights on a vehicle.

incorrect. it is not impersonating an officer unless the individual has markings on their vehicle identifying it as a government agency vehicle, pulls over another vehicle, and identifies himself as a police officer. the general public can own a vehicle with blue lights, paint scheme, full cage, even a radar unit if they wish. you just can't identify the vehicle or yourself as affiliated with a government agency. i agree with you that the picture you showed is of a TPD cruiser or replica. that was my point earlier, that i think the two cars match except for the tag.

i live in Elberta, AL. i work at a local police department. i've been here 3 months and have seen 3 TPD cruisers. when we have somebody they want, they come get them. i didn't say THAT particular cruiser has been here.

Maybe because Alberta, AL is on the same street as the UNIVERSITY of Alabama...about 3 miles up the road.

Far cry from Prattville for sure.

First of all dicksmack, Alberta, AL (when I googled it, because I DIDN'T honestly know where it was) shows up on a map between Selma and Thomaston.

That's NOT close to Tuscaloosa.

As far as the Prattville remark, You completely missed the point there. It's been said already, but it ISSSSSS possible for other cities to have a similar, if not the same scheme. Obviously it looks a lot like Prattville, and without looking at it first, I thought it was the same. It's not like it's so different, it couldn't have been mistaken you arrogant assclown.

Get over yourself. Look at the right edge of the white license plate (on your picture), and it looks shopped. It's NOT outside the realm of possibility.

That's okay though BG, you keep moving along as if everyone else is stupid here.

i live in Elberta, AL. i work at a local police department. i've been here 3 months and have seen 3 TPD cruisers. when we have somebody they want, they come get them. i didn't say THAT particular cruiser has been here.

No, the car that is in the picture that Audrew1, and Tigerheat provided is taken in ALBERTA, AL.

That's all I was pointing out and trying to figure out.

If that IS a car owned by someone, and it's outside of Tuscaloosa, it isn't outside the possibility that it's kept somewhere like an apartment complex, or somewhere else.....

Just askin....

Get over yourself. Look at the right edge of the white license plate (on your picture), and it looks shopped. It's NOT outside the realm of possibility.

And if you've read my posts in this thread you'd know that I said EXACTLY THE SAME THING. Surely you understood when I said "I'm not saying it is or isn't photoshopped...I'm merely saying it's virtually impossible to prove either way"

Stop projecting. It's quite unbecoming.

No, the car that is in the picture that Audrew1, and Tigerheat provided is taken in ALBERTA, AL.

If that IS a car owned by someone, and it's outside of Tuscaloosa, it isn't outside the possibility that it's kept somewhere like an apartment complex, or somewhere else.....

Just askin....

oh, i see what you're saying. i really have no idea. i doubt it would be a take home, they usually only allow those if you live within X amount of miles from the station. Alberta, AL is prob about 50 miles from T-Town. but i don't doubt the authenticity of Audrew1's photo, as it looks just as the cruisers i have seen.

And if you've read my posts in this thread you'd know that I said EXACTLY THE SAME THING. Surely you understood when I said "I'm not saying it is or isn't photoshopped...I'm merely saying it's virtually impossible to prove either way"

Stop projecting. It's quite unbecoming.

Stop being an arrogant F'tard, it doesn't work for you.

You're the one that posted it, because you thought it was "interesting". Don't post crap if you don't know if it's real. Otherwise it's just another rumor.

You want that picture to be accurate, because it LET'S you bitch about something that doesn't mean anything outside of your sad little poor me pitty party, that is Alabama football right now.

incorrect. it is not impersonating an officer unless the individual has markings on their vehicle identifying it as a government agency vehicle, pulls over another vehicle, and identifies himself as a police officer. the general public can own a vehicle with blue lights, paint scheme, full cage, even a radar unit if they wish. you just can't identify the vehicle or yourself as affiliated with a government agency. i agree with you that the picture you showed is of a TPD cruiser or replica. that was my point earlier, that i think the two cars match except for the tag.

AUdrew1 says B.S!

"(2) No person shall drive or move any vehicle or equipment upon any highway with any lamp or device thereon displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front of the center thereof. This section shall not apply to authorized emergency vehicles.

"(3) Any vehicle may be equipped with flashing lamps which may be used for the purpose of warning the operators of other vehicles of the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring the exercise of unusual care in approaching, overtaking or passing, and when so equipped may display such warning in addition to any other warning signals required by this section. The lamps used to display such warning to the front shall be mounted at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and shall display simultaneously flashing white or amber lights, or any shade of color between white and amber

and here is the link

AUdrew1 says B.S!

"(2) No person shall drive or move any vehicle or equipment upon any highway with any lamp or device thereon displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front of the center thereof. This section shall not apply to authorized emergency vehicles.

"(3) Any vehicle may be equipped with flashing lamps which may be used for the purpose of warning the operators of other vehicles of the presence of a vehicular traffic hazard requiring the exercise of unusual care in approaching, overtaking or passing, and when so equipped may display such warning in addition to any other warning signals required by this section. The lamps used to display such warning to the front shall be mounted at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and shall display simultaneously flashing white or amber lights, or any shade of color between white and amber

and here is the link link

the two police offers standing behind me say B.S.!

per our officers here, it is not considered "displaying" the red or blue light unless the light bar or light system is activated. in this case, "display" is not the same word as "possess". there are a few companies around here, such as Custom Order Police Specialties that have demo cars full of strobe lights, full cage, push bumper, graphics schemes, paint schemes, even radar units. as long as he does not activate them on a roadway, it is legal. such is the same for firefighters personal vehicles. we are allowed to have red lights in a personal vehicle. it is not illegal to posess the light, however it is illegal to display (i.e. turn on) the light on a roadway because the vehicle is not an "authorized" emergency vehicle. as soon as the vehicle pulls off of the roadway, such as to mark a scene, it is then legal to display your emergency lights.

AUdrew1 says B.S!

per our officers here, it is not considered "displaying" the red or blue light unless the light bar or light system is activated. in this case, "display" is not the same word as "possess". there are a few companies around here, such as Custom Order Police Specialties that have demo cars full of strobe lights, full cage, push bumper, graphics schemes, paint schemes, even radar units. as long as he does not activate them on a roadway, it is legal. such is the same for firefighters personal vehicles. we are allowed to have red lights in a personal vehicle. it is not illegal to posess the light, however it is illegal to display (i.e. turn on) the light on a roadway because the vehicle is not an "authorized" emergency vehicle. as soon as the vehicle pulls off of the roadway, such as to mark a scene, it is then legal to display your emergency lights.

Don't mean to lift my leg all over this "b.s." arguement RWS, but everywhere I've seen this car (in photos), it HAS been parked.

...just sayin...

AUdrew1 says B.S!

Don't mean to lift my leg all over this "b.s." arguement RWS, but everywhere I've seen this car (in photos), it HAS been parked.

...just sayin...

as it would have to be, since it says "Tuscaloosa Police" on it. as soon as you smack the affiliation to a government agency on that vehicle, that alone makes it illegal. regardless of lightbars, etc etc. if that car said "C.O.P.S." on it, such as one of the companies mentioned earlier has on theirs, you could drive it around all day long as long as you did not activate the warning system or attempt to represent it as an official government/emergency vehicle. now, if you walked into a gas station to buy a drink and somebody said "wow, where are you a police officer at?". and you told them "Oh, i'm an officer in XTown", that would be illegal as well. regardless of what you are driving.

Just askin....

oh, i see what you're saying. i really have no idea. i doubt it would be a take home, they usually only allow those if you live within X amount of miles from the station. Alberta, AL is prob about 50 miles from T-Town. but i don't doubt the authenticity of Audrew1's photo, as it looks just as the cruisers i have seen.

No, this image is from University Blvd in Alberta City Alabama, roughly 2 miles from the Welcome to UA sign on university.

Link to "Alberta City Alabama" on google

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...009785&z=17

Link to "Leland Lanes" bowling alley in the picture

I could be wrong. But I think it's pretty accurate. Google maps pulls up the heart of Alberta City on 23rd ave. Leland is on 26th.

So 2 miles, not 50.

Just askin....

No, this image is from University Blvd in Alberta City Alabama, roughly 2 miles from the Welcome to UA sign on university.

I could be wrong. But I think it's pretty accurate. Google maps pulls up the heart of Alberta City on 23rd ave. Leland is on 26th.

So 2 miles, not 50.

i was looking at Alberta, AL not Alberta City, AL. my mistake.

I understand all that... I'm not getting into the legalities of it all...

After all, this whole thread is a big overblown P.O.S. debate over a picture that has a photoshopped tag on it. It was put here by a Bama fan that didn't care whether or not it was real, only that it would warrant some sort of response.

BG talks "real perty", but he's still just a bammer at heart, and couldn't help himself in this case.

Just askin....

So 2 miles, not 50.

It's amazing that all I had asked at first is where it was, or why that car was there. Obviously I'm unfamiliar with the area. Doesn't bother me to incorrect about this.

As far as my other points, they all stand.

I understand all that... I'm not getting into the legalities of it all...

i know, thats not why i'm hating on anybody. the legality of the code is actually a little more complicated than the face value of just reading it.

Archived