Interesting

BamaGrad03

STOP THE PRESSES!

Apparently BG is right.

It seems that TPD cars have been rolling around for more than half of a century sporting AU paraphenalia... decals, flags, tags, etc. I found a picture from the 1960's that is obviously NOT photoshopped and proves that BG, as usual, is correct. My apologies for my earlier comments.

tuscaloosacar.JPG

LOL, I remember seeing that car when Mariner and I were good drinkin' buddies...Man, those were the days. Seriously though, I did see this one today as I was Prowling around the TPD. *Bling*

l_5c47c97336ac8ccdc973dfd55f664389.jpg

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently we have taken over TPD by way of land and water. Be careful on Lake Tuscaloosa if you're a Bammer. BG snapped this one with his own camera last summer.

Also NOT photoshopped.

:no:

tuscaloosaboat.jpg

Prove it BG. It doesn't get any more simple. You can't prove your point any more than we can prove ours.

I don't have a point. I just posted the pic and said "interesting"...I also said that you can't prove that it isn't OR IS photoshopped.

So BG, is that your job, to photoshop pictures?

No. I build custom data driven websites for customers all over the country. Much of it involves highly creative design integration like these:

http://www.xpresslubealabama.com

http://www.slantedrecords.com

http://www.veggiepiratesvbs.com

http://www.ilogicweb.net/foton

http://www.greenhillmusic.com

http://www.mypeople.com

All those are sites I built and each one of them required quite a bit of time with me knee deep in photoshop and fireworks. Doesn't make me an expert. But it can at least validate my claim that I know what I'm talking about a little.

LOL, I remember seeing that car when Mariner and I were good drinkin' buddies...Man, those were the days. Seriously though, I did see this one today as I was Prowling around the TPD. *Bling*

The BLING is a nice touch. That's how you can tell that s--- is real and NOT photoshopped.

Even if it was real, who cares? Its not like

1) the driver of the car did anything wrong

2) would throw professionalism out the window and stalk uat football players

Walk on the AU campus. You'll see plenty of AU EMPLOYEES and STUDENTS that have that friggin A all over their car. Big whoop.

Walk on the AU campus. You'll see plenty of AU EMPLOYEES and STUDENTS that have that friggin A all over their car. Big whoop.

I believe you're talking about the janitorial crew. I've seen them too...

I care because I think it's irresponsible. With all the loopholes out there, all it takes is some prick to say they didn't get treated properly because they were a Bama fan or an Auburn fan...based on what they saw on the police cruiser. It provides a window for reasonable doubt. And while it's extreme for sure, it's better to lean towards the safe side.

Like I said earlier. Two things:one I'm not saying it ISNT photoshopped...i dont know. And two: I wouldn't want bama tags on Auburn/Opelika cruisers either. Just smacks of in your face irresponsibility.

Also, be careful out in the Gulf, if you're a bammer football player. BG took a picture of this beauty while scuba diving......and it is Definitely NOT Photo Shopped

l_5a321ab69fd23fa027a00fc7d9fda27b.jpg

Sharks with Freakin' Lasers attached to them.

There are many others that use the same as the car depicted in your picture.

Post one. 20 minutes ago you were saying it was infact pratville's scheme. Now you post a pratville picture and it's not even the same model car. The pratville scheme uses different colors, different fonts, and different striping...but they both say "police"...so you may be on to something. Dude, it's a TPD cruiser.

You can see reflections and sun refraction on every glass and metal object in that picture... except for that flat white metal license plate

The front plate on the TPD cruiser is in the S-H-A-D-E. Look just below it. There's a freaking shadow.

The CMYK value of the tag is C-0, M-0, Y-0. K-0. In other words, pure white. In a shadow, the tag's background would not be pure white. The image you posted is 72 dpi. To really check out this pic, a 300 dpi image would help. That's one problem with web shots - most are low res for several reasons. I have worked daily in Photoshop for 14 years, and customers often ask for "doctored" pics - put their sticker on a piece of equipment - someone blinked at the wrong time - remove something - add something, etc.

Regardless, any police officer that places a school tag or decal on his/her "company" car is not only a fool, they are asking for trouble. Might as well paint a bullseye on it.

The CMYK value of the tag is C-0, M-0, Y-0. K-0. In other words, pure white

Well let's see...the hex value on the left side includes the following:#FFFFFD #FFFCFFF #F6F6F4 #FFFFFB #FCFCFA. The botton is #F9FAFE, #FFFEFC, and #FFFFFF. Same goes for the right...many variants on white.

Again, not saying it's photoshop. But there are variances in the color throughout the whole tag.

The CMYK value of the tag is C-0, M-0, Y-0. K-0. In other words, pure white

Well let's see...the hex value on the left side includes the following:#FFFFFD #FFFCFFF #F6F6F4 #FFFFFB #FCFCFA. The botton is #F9FAFE, #FFFEFC, and #FFFFFF. Same goes for the right...many variants on white.

Again, not saying it's photoshop. But there are variances in the color throughout the whole tag.

RGB values vary only slightly - all extremely close to WHITE. Look closely at the angle of the shadow made by the right front bumper. Maybe the tag is not shadowed. Extremely hard to tell if this has been "doctored" - not enough data in a low res image of this file size.

Only the Shadow knows. I am sure of one thing. If this shot is real and was taken in Tuscaloosa, the officer is not very bright.

I'm quite familiar with photoshop. I use it every day. But there is no way to tell, one way or the other, that this is photoshopped. The topic of a TPD cruiser having AU plates has been widely discussed around Ttown and many callers have phoned into talk radio saying they had seen it.

A member on the BOL board said he sent the image to the TPD chief in an email...and that the chief responded saying that he did check it out...and that only one cruiser had an AU tag on it and it was removed.

All I'm saying is...that if there WAS an AU tag on a cruiser, I think it's bad on TPD's part...and in poor judgement of the AU fan who placed it there.

But I'm NOT saying that if there was a tag on the cruiser...it means Elder didn't commit a crime or that Johnson didn't push a bouncer. So don't put those words in my mouth.

BS.

That's obviously photoshopped. Just look at it.

Again, I'm a software professional. I work with photoshop EVERY SINGLE DAY. Every day since about 2002.

There's NOTHING that would indicate one way or the other, with absolute certainty, that it's photoshopped or not...you can SAY it is. But that doesn't make it so.

How true....How true....Just the other day I heard someone say that uat had a "football program"...You can say it, BUT, that doesn't make it true. :lol::lol::lol:

I saw this car on a few different boards and I didn't think anyone would really being making some case for it's validity.

If some dude was walking around T-Town and saw this car and had a problem with it's plate...why wouldn't he take the initiative to mabye take more then one picture of the car that included the side or mabye the licence plate. Just my .02

Overlooking the question of the reality of this photo for a minute...(although I have serious doubts about its authenticity):

Except for the motor pools of the individual Universities, I don't think any government vehicle should be adorned with tags. bumper stickers, etc. reflecting particular collegiate affiliation or preference--even if it is the local school. Government vehicles are not the place to advertise private opinions or allegiances. A Crimson Tide tag on a Tuscaloosa city vehicle would be just as inappropriate as a Auburn, Troy, or UAB one, IMO. And in particular with law enforcement, it's important to present an image of objective impartiality. I would expect all government agencies to have standing policies of no personal adornment on government vehicles!

Overlooking the question of the reality of this photo for a minute...(although I have serious doubts about its authenticity):

Except for the motor pools of the individual Universities, I don't think any government vehicle should be adorned with tags. bumper stickers, etc. reflecting particular collegiate affiliation or preference--even if it is the local school. Government vehicles are not the place to advertise private opinions or allegiances. A Crimson Tide tag on a Tuscaloosa city vehicle would be just as inappropriate as a Auburn, Troy, or UAB one, IMO. And in particular with law enforcement, it's important to present an image of objective impartiality. I would expect all government agencies to have standing policies of no personal adornment on government vehicles!

SabansCar.jpg

what he said

I guess this was more the reason for the post than anything. That's why I said the same thing about Bama tags...I don't want ANY fan gear on ANY tags. Whether it be Bama, Auburn, or anyone. Just seems like it would open a huge can o' worms.

I guess this was more the reason for the post than anything. That's why I said the same thing about Bama tags...I don't want ANY fan gear on ANY tags. Whether it be Bama, Auburn, or anyone. Just seems like it would open a huge can o' worms.

I agree and i don't see why anyone would be allowed to affix personal property to a gov't car, that's why I call shenanigans( thats right, i said it).

Also, be careful out in the Gulf, if you're a bammer football player. BG took a picture of this beauty while scuba diving......and it is Definitely NOT Photo Shopped

l_5a321ab69fd23fa027a00fc7d9fda27b.jpg

Sharks with Freakin' Lasers attached to them.

LOL. I think I caught one of those a few summers back deep sea fishing in Costa Rica. It seems the ingenius Auburn fisheries department has deployed them throughout the Gulf.

For those of you debating whether govertment employees should be allowed to affix personal property to govertment property... :no: You've got a good chance to be on the cell phone commercial themed "what to worry about when you don't have to worry about your wireless bill anymore."

I care because I think it's irresponsible. With all the loopholes out there, all it takes is some prick to say they didn't get treated properly because they were a Bama fan or an Auburn fan...based on what they saw on the police cruiser. It provides a window for reasonable doubt. And while it's extreme for sure, it's better to lean towards the safe side.

BG, this is going a bit overboard in the protection against possible discrimination claims. What's next? You can't have officers with funny personalities?

"Judge, I am a very serious person and he was biased against me because he's too funny."

You can't have white cops?

"Judge, I am a black person and obviously a white person can't be impartial."

You can't have skinny cops?

"Judge, as an obese person the officer obviously thinks badly about me and negatively characterizes any of my actions as illegal."

Yes, this is a ridiculous argument, but so is your fear. Let people complain about whatever they want, it ultimately makes no difference unless the officer involved actually did something wrong and it can be proven in a court of law.

BG, this is going a bit overboard in the protection against possible discrimination claims.

As irrational as you all claim Alabama fans to be...you don't think there's a Bama fan out there who would try and use this against an Auburn fan cop? I don't think it's as far fetched as you seem to think.

Whether it would stand or not isn't the question...my point is, why offer it up? Why have it out there to POTENTIALLY be a problem?

whether the tag thing is legit or not, no idea. but if that isn't a TPD cruiser, its almost a carbon copy of one. same light bar, same looking graphics, no push bumper. i would 99% say it is a TPD cruiser. but like i said, as for the tag, no clue.

Like I said earlier. Two things:one I'm not saying it ISNT photoshopped...i dont know. And two: I wouldn't want bama tags on Auburn/Opelika cruisers either. Just smacks of in your face irresponsibility.

Irresponsible is getting into fights at 3am, then harassing the law when they come to slap some sense into you. I guess the cops should take the DARE logos off the car now because some people like doing drugs, and they might holler "unfair treatment" when they get arrested.

You seem to be taking after your coach on this one by equating serious occurrances to things that are relatively trivial in the grand scheme of things.

BG, this is going a bit overboard in the protection against possible discrimination claims.

As irrational as you all claim Alabama fans to be...you don't think there's a Bama fan out there who would try and use this against an Auburn fan cop? I don't think it's as far fetched as you seem to think.

Whether it would stand or not isn't the question...my point is, why offer it up? Why have it out there to POTENTIALLY be a problem?

I'm sure there are both Bama and Auburn fans out there would would complain that a cop treated them unfairly based on team allegiances. And they'd both be stupid and without merit.

What you're suggesting is no different than saying no person, when acting in any capacity other than their own (while on their personal time) should ever display any allegiances or preferences towards any group, organization, cause, university, initiative, politician, sports team, business, etc. It's not only asanine, it's impossible to enforce. This means no hats, shirts, class rings, tattoos, comments (Roll Tide, War Eagle) that could possibly make someone think their ulterior motive was anything but objectively professional.

I'm sure if this wasn't a TPD car with an AU tag or an APD car with a UAT tag, you wouldn't care enough to have ever thought about having an opinion on it.

Archived