Let's go back to the Captain's Place...

DKW 86

Capt Kangaroo and Fred Rogers

I know it is corny, but I will miss them both.

I really enjoyed Capt Kangaroo, Mr Greenjeans, Bunny Rabbit, Mr Moose, Tom Terrific, etc. I really enjoyed Fred Rogers too. Juist call me Cornball, but I really appreciate their efforts with kids. Wish we had more like them.

or how 'bout a couple of those wiggles ;)

You're very close to losing your 'most favored conservative' status with remarks like that!!! The Wiggles RULE!!!

or how 'bout a couple of those wiggles  ;)

You're very close to losing your 'most favored conservative' status with remarks like that!!! The Wiggles RULE!!!

Al, the Wiggles are great.

But "Thunderbirds" Rule!

If you dont know what the Thunderbirds are, well then you are not a real computer Nerd.

I'm a Spongebob Squarepants man myself, but then I don't have kids. Oops, I probably shouldn't have mentioned that. I just watch it for....research, yeah, that's the ticket!

Thunderbirds are Go!

2004 Thunderbird Movie Directed by Johnathan Frakes

Thank heaven others get the humor here.

This show is back on the air on TechTV. It was my favorite show when it was on in the early sixties. The guy who did it also did a bunch more stuff, something like 8 more shows. I think this ran 3 seasons. He also had a Submariner version that was too cool. Ethan likes this too, but not as much as he does The Wiggles and Rolie Polie Olie.

BTW< I officially declare that yes, I am a nerd....... :lol:

Wiggles Rule! or atleast for a few more years in our household!

OMG! I married a NERD! How have you kept that hid???

Love you DKW!!

WOW!!! You talk about bringing back memories!! I grew up with the Captain. I always liked the part where Bunny Rabbit tricked the Captain into saying a certain word and ping pong balls would afll from the ceiling. His passing is truely a sad day.

i hereby apologize for my unmerited attack on the wiggles.

who knew they had such a following among auburnites!

currently in our household, they are the favorite of my 2-year old as well.

we have wiggles DVDs, dorothy dolls, etc.

"mash potatoEs mash potatoEs..."

ct

Thank goodness my youngest is 4 and she thinks she's a boy. Now I have to get more teenage mutant ninja turtle stuff. But at least we enjoy the same cartoon!!!

If you get a chance, you should check out PB&J Otter on Disney. It was the first thing Aidan took to on TV, aside from sports.

It's not difficult for the adults to enjoy either.

i hereby apologize for my unmerited attack on the wiggles.

who knew they had such a following among auburnites!

currently in our household, they are the favorite of my 2-year old as well.

we have wiggles DVDs, dorothy dolls, etc.

"mash potatoEs mash potatoEs..."

ct

My two year old niece converted me and my corndog over Thanksgiving. Carl wants to be the Wiggle that wears purple and gets to sleep all the time - he thinks that would be the greatest job EVER.

If you get a chance, you should check out PB&J Otter on Disney. It was the first thing Aidan took to on TV, aside from sports.

It's not difficult for the adults to enjoy either.

Already seen'em all. I have a 7 yr old also.

Archived