WR COMMIT

Tigermike

Bessemer, Ala.--Auburn picked up its sixth verbal commitment for the 2009 football signee class with wide receiver Brandon Heavens choosing the Tigers on Monday.

Ht: 5-10 Wt: 170 40: 4.4

Position: WR, CB

Year: Class of 2009

High School: Bessemer Academy

(Bessemer, AL)

Keep'em coming.

The thing I like about early commits is that its guys YOU KNOW the coaches like and are some of their top priorities. Plus, these guys end up going to summer camps anyway and can be some of the best recruiters out there for the guys who haven't committed.

I found it funny that the bammer offer was pulled off of his offer list...but, in the article he states that, "(I've) been high on Auburn for months. The Tigers, along with Mississippi State and Kentucky, extended early offers. (I've) also recently added ones from Tennessee and Alabama." Hmm, sounds like some Rivals' bammer spin going on...."Nah, the Mighty Tahd never offered him....he's from a small school, we only offer Top Shelf talent." LMAO. Yet $abban basically Begged him to come to the Crapstone before he made his decision. This kid is Dynamite in a small package...think Noel Devine, only a bit lighter.

This is our 6th commitment and they are ALL from instate. Wait.....I thought bama owned the state. I'm getting worried. We need to sign more kids from our usual territories since surely all we are getting instate are the dregs bama doesn't want.Surely all the good ones are talking about those big bama A-Day crowds and are just holding back until later. ;)

This is our 6th commitment and they are ALL from instate. Wait.....I thought bama owned the state. I'm getting worried. We need to sign more kids from our usual territories since surely all we are getting instate are the dregs bama doesn't want.Surely all the good ones are talking about those big bama A-Day crowds and are just holding back until later. ;)

Nah.......they only own Mobile. You know, the hometown of two of our early commits.

Next commit comes May 16th. First OOS commit.

That Lutzenkirchen(sp?) kid? He's a pretty solid player huh?

I actually went to Wheeler, which is pretty close to Lassiter, but I don't really keep up with high school football in Atlanta(Marietta) anymore.

I found it funny that the bammer offer was pulled off of his offer list...but, in the article he states that, "(I've) been high on Auburn for months. The Tigers, along with Mississippi State and Kentucky, extended early offers. (I've) also recently added ones from Tennessee and Alabama." Hmm, sounds like some Rivals' bammer spin going on...."Nah, the Mighty Tahd never offered him....he's from a small school, we only offer Top Shelf talent." LMAO. Yet $abban basically Begged him to come to the Crapstone before he made his decision. This kid is Dynamite in a small package...think Noel Devine, only a bit lighter.

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2008/04/...r_football.html

"It feels great," Heavens told Auburnsports.com. "I'm really excited. I really like it down there at Auburn. It feels like home."

Heavens told Inside The Auburn Tigers he chose Auburn over firm offers from Alabama, Mississippi State, Tennessee and Kentucky.

But obviously this can't be correct, 'cause Nick Saban NEVER loses a kid head-to-head vs. Auburn, right? :rolleyes:

Of course, this is coach talking abou this own players, but still worth reading:

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/04/heaven..._to_go_for.html

Don't pooh-pooh these private school players, says Bessemer Academy coach Mark Freeman. Here's a story that ran in today's Birmingham News about what he says about the talent in the private school ranks. He says his players can play.

And here are a few comments that didn't make the story about his Auburn-bound players:

Brandon Heavens, athlete (as in wide receiver, kick returner and occasional running back. He had 41 passes for 1,236 yards and 11 touchdowns and rushed for 730 yards on 43 carries and seven touchdowns last year):

``He catches the ball well. We run the spread offense, we put him in the Y and the slot position, and we just get him the ball in so many different ways. We can throw it quick, we can hand it to him, and I think that's the thing about Auburn that intrigued him. They're going to run a lot of the same formations that we do.

``He can cut on the dead run. He can stop on the dead run. He's got all the things you really can't coach. You put him out there and get him the ball.''

Freeman, who says Heavens is a top-notch kick returner, said Auburn assistant coach Terry Price did a nice job recruiting Heavens.

Harris Gaston, linebacker (who had 112 tackles, including 11 sacks last year): ``He is tough and physical. He's 6-2, 215, but he'll probably be 235 or 240 in his first year of college. He's an aggressive, smart, smart football player.''

We can always use some more help on kick returns, too!

Yeah, he recently received offers from FSU and Clemson.

Soooooooo, he should expect a Bama offer as soon as he commits?

Soooooooo, he should expect a Bama offer as soon as he commits?

Nooooo, he should expect a call from the Great $abahr, before the 16th, basically begging him to come to the Crapstone for a visit...and that he has a Firm Offer waiting for him. But when he decides to commit to Auburn (fingers crossed and knocking on wood) the bammer offer will just Magically disappear.

Hey im new to the board but am a long time reader and would like to share some info.

Philip Lutzenkirchen...plays TE for Lassiter of Atlanta. 6'4"/230/4.75.

I went to Lassiter last year and am friends with him. And yes its looking very good right now for us, he has us #1 so far and has enjoyed our visit the most. It would be huge if we can land him. One of the top TE recruits in the country. Im so glad we offered him a scholarship. I'll be sure to give him the good word about the plains when i get back to georgia next week.

Hey im new to the board but am a long time reader and would like to share some info.

Philip Lutzenkirchen...plays TE for Lassiter of Atlanta. 6'4"/230/4.75.

I went to Lassiter last year and am friends with him. And yes its looking very good right now for us, he has us #1 so far and has enjoyed our visit the most. It would be huge if we can land him. One of the top TE recruits in the country. Im so glad we offered him a scholarship. I'll be sure to give him the good word about the plains when i get back to georgia next week.

He will be our next commit. I would be very surprised if he commits somewhere else.

Lutzenkirchen would be a huge pickup for us, but I'm really looking forward to some big OL commits. The time will come I'm sure. This recruiting class is shaping up pretty good so far.

Ryan

Archived