Obama to TN GOP: Lay Off of My Wife

RunInRed

I have a question for Mr. Obama - has Bill Clinton been off-limits during all of this? :rolleyes:

Here's the deal - as long as his wife is out making political statements, she is no different than anyone else - there is no immunity for political figures and she has made herself one with Obama's obvious consent. If she

wasn't out campaigning (and in a rather outspoken way, just like Bill Clinton) Obama might have a case. But she is and is thus fair game (heat, kitchen, etc.).

But nice try.

Obama The whininess guy to ever run for President!

Stop whining about criticism of speeches at political events. If you can’t handle that much, you have no business running for re-election to your current job, let alone for the presidency.

Good point. It didn't stop anyone from slamming Bill Clinton in South Carolina. They even picked on Chelsea several times through out the campaign trail. As well they should have. They are adults, they knew that by going out, campaigning and giving speeches that were subject to ridicule by the media and the public. So fair game in my mind. If any candidate doesn't want their family attacked then they need to keep them out of the spotlight the best they can. Just as I have no problem with the left or the right for that matter for going after Cindy McCain if she is to get out on the campaign trail and start giving speeches.

I agree with Shire5k, It takes a lot to get me unglued, but talk about my wife and I would be the first in your face asking you to explain yourself. Instinctively you take up for your family. Personally I don't think I would have my family on the campaign trail if I were running for office. I wouldn't want to open them up to the media like that.

It's a cheap shot by GOP...but I agree that it's pretty expected and that the brand of karl rove politics will continue, regardless how pathetic.

It's open game!!!!! She mouthed it off to get a rile out of some college students in the open, so get used to it. Whine, whine, whine. Tough business.

Archived