McCain adviser steps down to avoid working against Obama

RunInRed

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...-against-obama/

(CNN) — John McCain’s chief media adviser said Tuesday he is stepping down rather than campaign against Barack Obama.

Mark McKinnon said last year that he would leave McCain’s campaign after the primary season if the Arizona senator were to run against Obama.

The Illinois senator is not the Democratic nominee, but he has accumulated a significant lead in the number of delegates required to claim the nomination.

In a 2007 interview with Cox News, McKinnon said he would vote for McCain, but "I just don't want to work against an Obama candidacy." He added that if Obama were to reach the White House, it "would send a great message to the country and the world."

The McCain campaign says McKinnon will remain a “major supporter” of the McCain’s presidential bid.

How do you spin that? :blink:

I guess with this:

The McCain campaign says McKinnon will remain a “major supporter” of the McCain’s presidential bid.

Doesn't sound like it, does it? :no:

No skin off the back of John McCain. The McCain we all knew in 2000 is starting to show up as time dictated. McCain is ready to fight for his shot at the presidency. He's taking the gloves off, and Obama knows it.

Let the games begin.

No skin off the back of John McCain. The McCain we all knew in 2000 is starting to show up as time dictated. McCain is ready to fight for his shot at the presidency. He's taking the gloves off, and Obama knows it.

Let the games begin.

The guy from 2000 is long gone. Even I voted for that guy.

When your chief media advisor says that if your opponent reached the White House it

"would send a great message to the country and the world."

trust me, that is skin off your back. :roflol:

Not really......it sends a mess. alright. Ask Hamas......

If the guy makes that comment and still supports McCain, then I don't see how you would accept his remark.

Don't underestimate John McCain. Obama knows he can't beat him on experience, so he'll use every dirty trick in the book. Age being the first thing. Then the Bush connection (which is retarded), and the dems will dig up some other stuff to attack him with. But McCain will fire back and volley in his own rounds. It will be interesting.

Not really......it sends a mess. alright. Ask Hamas......

If the guy makes that comment and still supports McCain, then I don't see how you would accept his remark.

Don't underestimate John McCain. Obama knows he can't beat him on experience, so he'll use every dirty trick in the book. Age being the first thing. Then the Bush connection (which is retarded), and the dems will dig up some other stuff to attack him with. But McCain will fire back and volley in his own rounds. It will be interesting.

The guy is so in bed with lobbiest it isn't even funny.

Archived