John Hagee: McCain's spiritual advisor II

Tiger Al

Maybe, because McCain has not sit under Hagee's preaching for the last 20 years?

Look, you can get spiritual advice from an preacher. That does not mean you agree 100% with them on everything. I have had the same pastor for 20 years and I do not agree with him on everything. I also take advice on others who are ministers, but not my pastor. However, if my pastor was to continually say things from the pulpit during those 20 years that was as extreme as Rev. Wright had said, how foolish would I look if I said I had no idea my pastor felt like that?

Al, I give kudos to Obama for denouncing the things that Wright said. He should have. However, what people have an issue with is the fact that Obama says he was oblivious to his pastor's teachings even then he physically sit in that church and listened to those views for two decades. Why would you do that if you did not agree with such controversial speech?

BTW...I can sometimes listen to Hagee, but for the most part I really have nothing for the guy. I don't have much good to say about any televangelists on TV. Franklin Graham is just about the only guy on TV that I like to hear, all the others just seem to not agree with my spirit.

To be honest, McCain was not even in my top two choices anyway. Yet, for me, he is the better choice of what soon will be just he and Obama. However, I believe if I don't vote, then I can't complain about the government after that since I did not express my right to choose amongst the lesser of two evils. Believe you and me, I have already expressed my displeasure about McCain with as many GOP organizations that I could. If a democrat like Bud Cramer would run, you may actually see me vote for a democratic president.

Of course, there is the Demopublican write-in choice, but none of you guys are getting the word out about Tex and I. We can't afford bumper stickers and signs, so we have to rely on you guys. ;)

Why are you being such a prick about this ? He's not McCain's spiritual adviser. You're only making yourself look all the more an idiot.

Maybe, because McCain has not sit under Hagee's preaching for the last 20 years?

ranger, John McCain...sought...his...endorsement.

Hagee is who he is and McCain courted him for a year to get him to bestow his imprimatur upon him.

Hagee is who he is and McCain courted him for a year to get him to bestow his imprimatur upon him.

But, Al, seeking his endorsement is not the same as sitting under his preaching and then saying you had no clue he felt like that. What I am trying to understand, and I may be missing something in all of this, but what has Hagee said that equals what Wright has said about this country? The comments about the Catholics? Come on. He is not the only evangelical non-Catholic Christian to say negative things about the Catholic Church. I now many that feel the same way. McCain knows that many evangalical Christians listen to Hagee, so why not seek his endorsement? Hagee did not say anything racist or anti-American, he just expressed himself about a religious organization that he disagrees with on spiritual issues.

My wife grew up in a Catholic family. Both her grandmother and aunt are devout Catholic. However, she will be more then happy to tell you how it was Catholicism that damaged her faith. Now, with that said, there are those that can say baptists, methodists, or Church of Christ beliefs damaged their faith. My point is, how can you compare what a guy says about a religious organization to a minister bashing the United States from the pulpit? Like I said, Hagee's comments on Catholicism may offend Catholics, but his is a spiritual disagreement, so why would that be big news compared to racist sounding, anti-American sounding rhetoric that Wright spewed forth?

Do I think Hagee went about the right way in expressing his thoughts about Catholicism? No way. However, I have some issues with the Vatican myself. What does that make me if somebody wants me to endorse them?

But, Al, seeking his endorsement is not the same as sitting under his preaching and then saying you had no clue he felt like that. What I am trying to understand, and I may be missing something in all of this, but what has Hagee said that equals what Wright has said about this country? The comments about the Catholics? Come on. He is not the only evangelical non-Catholic Christian to say negative things about the Catholic Church. I now many that feel the same way. McCain knows that many evangalical Christians listen to Hagee, so why not seek his endorsement? Hagee did not say anything racist or anti-American, he just expressed himself about a religious organization that he disagrees with on spiritual issues.

My wife grew up in a Catholic family. Both her grandmother and aunt are devout Catholic. However, she will be more then happy to tell you how it was Catholicism that damaged her faith. Now, with that said, there are those that can say baptists, methodists, or Church of Christ beliefs damaged their faith. My point is, how can you compare what a guy says about a religious organization to a minister bashing the United States from the pulpit? Like I said, Hagee's comments on Catholicism may offend Catholics, but his is a spiritual disagreement, so why would that be big news compared to racist sounding, anti-American sounding rhetoric that Wright spewed forth?

Do I think Hagee went about the right way in expressing his thoughts about Catholicism? No way. However, I have some issues with the Vatican myself. What does that make me if somebody wants me to endorse them?

It doesn't make you anything. It says a lot about the one who asked for your endorsement.

It doesn't make you anything. It says a lot about the one who asked for your endorsement.

So what does that say about them Al? I am very curious to know what it says about a candidate that would seek out the endorsement of a guy that has issues with Catholicism. Heck for that matter, what about the guy that has issues with Assembly of God, because many from other religions have issues with their doctrine of speaking in tongues? Should McCain avoid endorsements from those type of people? What about people that have issues with United Methodists because they sprinkle instead of dunking for baptisms? See where I am going with this?

Hagee spoke out about issues he had on spiritual matters with Catholics. Now, you can agree or disagree with Hagee when it comes to Catholics. You can agree with home about his feelings on the Vatican, but you can disagree with how Hagee expressed his feelings. However, I still find it hard to compare that with racist and anti-American sounding comments that Wright made.

McCain does run the risk of losing Catholic votes because he is being endorsed by a man that has openly expressed contempt for their religion. However, what Wright said went beyond any one religious organization by offending those of many religions and even those that do not claim to be religious at all. There is your difference.

So what does that say about them Al? I am very curious to know what it says about a candidate that would seek out the endorsement of a guy that has issues with Catholicism. Heck for that matter, what about the guy that has issues with Assembly of God, because many from other religions have issues with their doctrine of speaking in tongues? Should McCain avoid endorsements from those type of people? What about people that have issues with United Methodists because they sprinkle instead of dunking for baptisms? See where I am going with this?

Hagee spoke out about issues he had on spiritual matters with Catholics. Now, you can agree or disagree with Hagee when it comes to Catholics. You can agree with home about his feelings on the Vatican, but you can disagree with how Hagee expressed his feelings. However, I still find it hard to compare that with racist and anti-American sounding comments that Wright made.

McCain does run the risk of losing Catholic votes because he is being endorsed by a man that has openly expressed contempt for their religion. However, what Wright said went beyond any one religious organization by offending those of many religions and even those that do not claim to be religious at all. There is your difference.

They are trying so hard to find the "white" rev. Wright. They know that what Wright did and is doing will damage achmed in the end. You are correct in stating that Hagee's belief's are the same as many fundamentalists. Are they right? Who knows. But Hagee attempts to base what he says on how he interprets the bible, not on how the government created aids for the black man. There is a huge difference. One could be misinterpretation. The other......

I love it when they bring up hagee, because there is little mccain connection there and it is the perfect segway to bring up wright again, which is a rock solid connection to hussein.

Look, you can get spiritual advice from an preacher. That does not mean you agree 100% with them on everything. I have had the same pastor for 20 years and I do not agree with him on everything. I also take advice on others who are ministers, but not my pastor. However, if my pastor was to continually say things from the pulpit during those 20 years that was as extreme as Rev. Wright had said, how foolish would I look if I said I had no idea my pastor felt like that?

Al, I give kudos to Obama for denouncing the things that Wright said. He should have. However, what people have an issue with is the fact that Obama says he was oblivious to his pastor's teachings even then he physically sit in that church and listened to those views for two decades. Why would you do that if you did not agree with such controversial speech?

BTW...I can sometimes listen to Hagee, but for the most part I really have nothing for the guy. I don't have much good to say about any televangelists on TV. Franklin Graham is just about the only guy on TV that I like to hear, all the others just seem to not agree with my spirit.

To be honest, McCain was not even in my top two choices anyway. Yet, for me, he is the better choice of what soon will be just he and Obama. However, I believe if I don't vote, then I can't complain about the government after that since I did not express my right to choose amongst the lesser of two evils. Believe you and me, I have already expressed my displeasure about McCain with as many GOP organizations that I could. If a democrat like Bud Cramer would run, you may actually see me vote for a democratic president.

Of course, there is the Demopublican write-in choice, but none of you guys are getting the word out about Tex and I. We can't afford bumper stickers and signs, so we have to rely on you guys. ;)

Not defending Rev. Wright, but from what we can tell it wasn't 20 years worth of crazy statements. If appears to be about 30 seconds of sound bites from a couple of sermans.If you read the entire sermans(not saying I agree) you can kind of see where he was going with it. If there were more I'm quite certain the Swift Boaters would have dug them up by now. The guy was also a Marine as well.

Archived