Nice video

JohnDeere

Stuff like this shames me as an American.

Btw, I never understood this - you place you hand over your heart for the pledge of allegiance, not the national anthem. He does this in the Senate.

Note: Ok I was wrong. http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/usc...01----000-.html

Still, I was taught as a kid you do it for the pledge.

As I've said before, if he's guilty of lack of patriotism, there's a whole bunch of Auburn fans at Jordan-Hare or Beard-Eaves who are unpatriotic. I don't think people have been taught all the proper or expected forms for this stuff. At least a third to one-half of the crowd at any given ballgame will simply clasp their hands behind their backs during the national anthem.

This is just a stupid thing to be talking about as if it's actually important.

Oh, and it should be in the Politics forum. So I'm moving it.

As I've said before, if he's guilty of lack of patriotism, there's a whole bunch of Auburn fans at Jordan-Hare or Beard-Eaves who are unpatriotic.

Which one is running for president???????

I would like CCTAU's avatar for bringing me back to 4th grade comebacks.

Psyche!

As I've said before, if he's guilty of lack of patriotism, there's a whole bunch of Auburn fans at Jordan-Hare or Beard-Eaves who are unpatriotic.

Which one is running for president???????

It doesn't matter. It's a stupid thing to be worried about.

The non-partisan FactCheck.org site had something about this:

A point not raised in this e-mail: Some have complained that Obama should have placed his hand over his heart during the singing of the anthem, as pictured in the Time photo. It is true that the U.S. Code states that "all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart." But the word "should" rather than "shall" makes that a recommendation and not a legal requirement. To confirm, we spoke with Anne Garside, director of communication for the Maryland Historical Society – home of the original manuscript of "The Star-Spangled Banner," and asked if anyone could be punished for not placing their hands over their hearts during the national anthem. She quickly replied, "Oh, of course not," adding that "there is no obligation to put your hand over your heart." Garside told us she has been asked numerous times about this rumor and finds the controversy to have "gotten a little bit ridiculous."

Regardless, the point is to be respectful and it doesn't require a hand over the heart to show respect. It's just a dumb concern all the way around.

What was wrong with the video? I'm sure he is the Muslim version of the Manchurian Candidate. It doesn't matter that he's been vetted by the government before coming into the Senate or vetted even further before getting various clearances for committee's he's on. They missed all of these clues presented on the video.

I guess the thing that drives me crazy about this kind of stuff is that there are plenty of legitimate policy differences with Obama for one not to vote for him from his economic ideas, to his views on various social issues like abortion, to his espoused viewpoint on defense or whatever. Different things will carry more weight than others. And people on the other side of the aisle can say the same about McCain. So talk about those things. Look intelligent when discussing politics for once instead of throwing out goofy nonsense like this.

I guess the thing that drives me crazy about this kind of stuff is that there are plenty of legitimate policy differences with Obama for one not to vote for him from his economic ideas, to his views on various social issues like abortion, to his espoused viewpoint on defense or whatever. Different things will carry more weight than others. And people on the other side of the aisle can say the same about McCain. So talk about those things. Look intelligent when discussing politics for once instead of throwing out goofy nonsense like this.

Oh. We're gonna hit him on those too. All of you ejumacatd folks on here think you are so open minded. And you may be. But get out of your little world and you'll see there are A LOT of folks who are believing every word of this video. Many are throwing around the anti-christ term. And a lot of those folks are ones that I deem sane. There is a lot of emotion tied up in this candidate. And whether or not any of the video is true will not change many folks minds. He is too close to a lot of stuff mentioned on the video. And guilt by association has a way of permeating our society to the bone. If it does help bring him down, then I'm OK with it. The dims have been half-truthing republican candidates for years. Now that it's happening to one of their golden boys, they want to cry. Bravo to the person who compiled this video.

Oh. We're gonna hit him on those too. All of you ejumacatd folks on here think you are so open minded.

It doesn't take education. All it takes common walking around sense, as my grandmother would say.

But get out of your little world and you'll see there are A LOT of folks who are believing every word of this video.

Then they are dumber than a bag of hammers and make me wish some kind of basic logic quiz were required to be able to vote.

Many are throwing around the anti-christ term.

And they are dumber than the group described above.

And a lot of those folks are ones that I deem sane.

That is truly sad.

There is a lot of emotion tied up in this candidate. And whether or not any of the video is true will not change many folks minds. He is too close to a lot of stuff mentioned on the video. And guilt by association has a way of permeating our society to the bone.

Yes. And I realize you can't make some people use the common sense God gave them. But at least we can point out the silliness to those who might be concerned for a second but are willing to think a tad deeper when presented with the facts.

If it does help bring him down, then I'm OK with it. The dims have been half-truthing republican candidates for years. Now that it's happening to one of their golden boys, they want to cry. Bravo to the person who compiled this video.

I prefer to beat the opponent without resorting to lying and baseless innuendo. The guy that made this video is a moron.

Oh Gawd,

Exactly, why I vote Libertarian. I definitely can't handle four to eight more years of Bush policies. And, I'm no liberal, so Libertarian it is. I have to sleep at night you know.

http://www.nationalinitiative.us/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNoaduWgY_I

Oh. We're gonna hit him on those too. All of you ejumacatd folks on here think you are so open minded.

It doesn't take education. All it takes common walking around sense, as my grandmother would say.

But get out of your little world and you'll see there are A LOT of folks who are believing every word of this video.

Then they are dumber than a bag of hammers and make me wish some kind of basic logic quiz were required to be able to vote.

That is truly sad.

There is a lot of emotion tied up in this candidate. And whether or not any of the video is true will not change many folks minds. He is too close to a lot of stuff mentioned on the video. And guilt by association has a way of permeating our society to the bone.

Yes. And I realize you can't make some people use the common sense God gave them. But at least we can point out the silliness to those who might be concerned for a second but are willing to think a tad deeper when presented with the facts.

If it does help bring him down, then I'm OK with it. The dims have been half-truthing republican candidates for years. Now that it's happening to one of their golden boys, they want to cry. Bravo to the person who compiled this video.

I prefer to beat the opponent without resorting to lying and baseless innuendo. The guy that made this video is a moron.

And from the white ivory tower, the word was handed down.........again.

Although the overall presentation of the video is lacking it does present many points worth pondering. For me the whole michelle obama comments put together with obama not putting his hand over his heart do raise a flag, no pun intended. I just don't see how anyone could be in that position and stand on that stage (or any similar stage) and not put his hand over his heart. To me it is like he is making a statement of some kind whether it is conscious on his part or not. I know it gives me the creepies just a little to see him standing there like that while all others have there hand where it belongs, over their heart.

The che gueverra connection is hard to miss as well. There is an undeniable connection between gueverra and liberation theology which led to black liberation theology. Wright even studied and travelled in latin america when younger and while he was studying the theology. Then you have the flag in obama campaign office. Now, that doesn't directly implicate obama on anything. However, it does say a lot about where he has been getting his spiritual juju for 20 years and the segment of his support base that is pretty much cuckoo for communism.

The typical white comment is definitely worth mentioning due to the double standard it presents. Maccain would be shredded if he ever uttered the phrase "typical black person" in public. Obama gets a complete pass for what he said since to the liberal media and his enamored followers he is some sort of messiah or something. I really can't figure out what he is to them.

His lack of any clue of what to do foreign policy wise and agreement to sit down unconditionally with these people and talk is just plain crazy.

I can't wait until the main fight gets underway and these type of facts are presented in a much better way to really point out the kind of man that obama is. I'm not sure exactly what kind of man he is, but am certain he is as far from this country's savior as you can get. To me he is a typical politician who fully realizes how to play the game and is playing his "change messiah" card as hard as he can to get into office. There is no doubt in my mind that he has, to some degree, a hidden agenda, which many points of this video point towards.

Has anyone considered that in this picture

obama-national-anthem.jpg

Obama is unable to see everyone else with their hand on their heart. As I said before, this is a new thing to put your hand over your heart for the anthem, I severely doubt he was making a point. I was taught as a child you do it for the pledge.

That is truly sad.

And from the white ivory tower the world of sensible thinking people, the word was handed down.........again.

Corrected for accuracy.

I was taught as a child you do it for the pledge.

To be honest, it's been since I was a child that I did that too, and only for the Pledge. Never can I recall placing hand over heart for the National Anthem.

But as for the video as a whole, it's an array of hits and misses. As it starts out, about Barack having 3 Muslim names, his father being a black muslim, his mom being white, and attending a muslim school when he was very young.... true, but so what? None of those things, by themselves, concern me in the least.

The Chez Quevera poster in the office of the volunteer worker, and not an official paid staff member, while it looks bad, isn't a direct strike against Barack, imo. Troubling? Yes. But that's what you get with freedom of speech.

Barack's penchant for communist ideals , though...THAT is troubling. From the Black Liberation Theology to his comment that he'd raise some taxes , even if they reduced the amount of revenue coming into the Gov't, because it's not FAIR for some folks to be making so much money.... is dangerous to this country.

Barack's association to Rev Wright and their adherence to Black Liberation Theology is on par w/ McCain being associated w/ the KKK. If the press would go ape $hit over the latter, then why not the former ? Very troubling.

Much of the video is dead on accurate. Where it fails though, is how certain facts are presented, and what they really mean. Some things over way over exaggerated, truth be told, but there's still a lot in there worth considering.

I was taught as a child you do it for the pledge.

To be honest, it's been since I was a child that I did that too, and only for the Pledge. Never can I recall placing hand over heart for the National Anthem.

But as for the video as a whole, it's an array of hits and misses. As it starts out, about Barack having 3 Muslim names, his father being a black muslim, his mom being white, and attending a muslim school when he was very young.... true, but so what? None of those things, by themselves, concern me in the least.

The Chez Quevera poster in the office of the volunteer worker, and not an official paid staff member, while it looks bad, isn't a direct strike against Barack, imo. Troubling? Yes. But that's what you get with freedom of speech.

Barack's penchant for communist ideals , though...THAT is troubling. From the Black Liberation Theology to his comment that he'd raise some taxes , even if they reduced the amount of revenue coming into the Gov't, because it's not FAIR for some folks to be making so much money.... is dangerous to this country.

Barack's association to Rev Wright and their adherence to Black Liberation Theology is on par w/ McCain being associated w/ the KKK. If the press would go ape $hit over the latter, then why not the former ? Very troubling.

Much of the video is dead on accurate. Where it fails though, is how certain facts are presented, and what they really mean. Some things over way over exaggerated, truth be told, but there's still a lot in there worth considering.

Most of what you said would be an example of how to think critically and oppose a candidate without resorting to rank stupidity. Concern over his association with Trinity UCOC and it's theology, his position on taxes is stuff that's legitimate to scrutinize. Half baked conspiracy theories about how he has a Muslim name or doesn't put his hand over his heart during the national anthem just make us look loony. Just behind people who think we faked the moon landing or that the government is hiding the bodies of aliens who crashed in Nevada. It's not only patently ridiculous and desperate sounding, it's not even necessary.

Oh. We're gonna hit him on those too. All of you ejumacatd folks on here think you are so open minded. And you may be. But get out of your little world and you'll see there are A LOT of folks who are believing every word of this video. Many are throwing around the anti-christ term. And a lot of those folks are ones that I deem sane. There is a lot of emotion tied up in this candidate. And whether or not any of the video is true will not change many folks minds. He is too close to a lot of stuff mentioned on the video. And guilt by association has a way of permeating our society to the bone. If it does help bring him down, then I'm OK with it. The dims have been half-truthing republican candidates for years. Now that it's happening to one of their golden boys, they want to cry. Bravo to the person who compiled this video.

CCTAU admits that bearing false witness is A-OK as long as it brings down those he hates, further showing that the weight of his chosen religion is too much for him to bear. The pharisees would be so proud of you.

CCTAU admits that bearing false witness is A-OK as long as it brings down those he hates, further showing that the weight of his chosen religion is too much for him to bear. The pharisees would be so proud of you.

OMGoodness. What a freaking hypocrite you are. The dims have been half-truthing Bush and other republicans for years and you have been cheering them on.

Like I said:

"A DAMN GOOD VIDEO. SHOW IT EARLY AND SHOW IT OFTEN."

OMGoodness. What a freaking hypocrite you are. The dims have been half-truthing Bush and other republicans for years and you have been cheering them on.

Like I said:

"A DAMN GOOD VIDEO. SHOW IT EARLY AND SHOW IT OFTEN."

Please find one single post of mine where I said that it didn't matter if something about Bush was true or false as long as it brought him down.

Further, I assume by your past statements that you don't hold me, or those like me, in very high regard. Yet, you always justify your actions and beliefs based on the actions and beliefs of others. You claim to be a Christian, yet, you allow the actions of others to justify taking very un-Christian-like positions such as this one.

The interesting thing is that you say it doesn't matter if the things on the video are true or not, you'd still like to see him brought down. These are the things you claim are the reasons you dislike him. But, if you don't care whether they're true, what is the real reason you dislike him?

What an incredible crock. :rolleyes:

Funny how Republicans say they have the best ideas but are scared to death of a campaign based on competing ideas. They have to trot out the "scare the white people" crap.

The typical white comment is definitely worth mentioning due to the double standard it presents. Maccain would be shredded if he ever uttered the phrase "typical black person" in public.

McCain has said this: "I hate the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live." He said it 8 years ago when he was running the last time. Please let us know when he gets shredded over it. Or when he gets shredded for making fun of people's children: "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno." Said that at a GOP fundraiser about a young girl who was a high school senior at the time. Republicans really open up their wallets for that kinda of crap. Please let me know when he gets skewered for that one, too. :rolleyes:

The press loves McCain. They're his base.

http://www.thechrismatthewsshow.com/html/t...&selected=1

and attending a muslim school when he was very young.... true, but so what? None of those things, by themselves, concern me in the least.

Ever met anybody that attended a muslim school?

I can't say that I have personally met anyone that attended a "muslim school", but the folks I've heard of that attended a "muslim school" were trying to kill me.

Archived