Obama - "Not Exactly"

bigsixfive

Got this in an email.

Obama's Not Exactly's:

1.) Selma Got Me Born - NOT EXACTLY, your parents felt safe enough to have you in 1961 - Selma had no effect on your birth, as Selma was in 1965. (Google 'Obama Selma' for his full March 4, 2007 speech and articles about its various untruths.)

2.) Father was a Goat Herder - NOT EXACTLY, he was a privileged, well educated youth, who went on to work with the Kenyan Government.

3.) Father was a Proud Freedom Fighter - NOT EXACTLY, he was part of one of the most corrupt and violent governments Kenya has ever had.

4.) My Family Has Strong Ties To African Freedom - NOT EXACTLY, your cousin Raila Odinga has created mass violence in attempting to overturn a legitimate election in 2007, in Kenya. It is the first widespread violence in decades. The current government is pro-American but Odinga wants to overthrow it and establish Muslim Sharia law. Your half-brother, Abongo Oba ma, is Odinga's follower. You interrupted your New Hampshire campaigning to speak to Odinga on the phone. Check out the following link for verification of that....and for more.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ibd/080115/issues.html?.v=1

Obama's cousin Odinga in Kenya ran for president and tried to get Sharia Muslim law in place there. When Odinga lost the elections, his followers have burned Christians' homes and then burned men, women and children alive in a Christian church where they took shelter.. Obama SUPPORTED his cousin before the election process here started. Google Obama and Odinga and see what you get. No one wants to know the truth.

5.) My Grandmother Has Always Been A Christian - NOT EXACTLY, she does her daily Salat prayers at 5am according to her own interviews. Not to mention, Christianity wouldn't allow her to have been one of 14 wives to 1 man.

6.) My Name is African Swahili - NOT EXACTLY, your name is Arabic and 'Baraka' (from which Barack came) means 'blessed' in that language. Hussein is also Arabic and so is Obama. Barack Hussein Obama is not half black. If elected, he would be the first Arab-American President, not the first black President. Barack Hussein Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side and 43.75% Arabic and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side. While Barack Hussein Obama's father was from Kenya, his father's family was mainly Arabs.. Barack Hussein Obama's father was only 12.5% African Negro and 87.5% Arab (his father's birth certificate even states he's Arab, not African Negro). From....and for more....go to.....

http://www.arcadeathome.com/newsboy.phtml?...6.25%25_African

7.) I Never Practiced Islam - NOT EXACTLY, you practiced it daily at school, where you were registered as a Muslim and kept that faith for 31 years, until your wife made you change, so you could run for office.

4-3-08 Article "Obama was 'quite religious in Islam'" http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=60559

8.) My School In Indonesia Was Christian - NOT EXACTLY, you were registered as Muslim there and got in trouble in Koranic Studies for making faces (check your own book).

February 28, 2008. Kristoff from the New York Times a year ago: Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it'll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset." This is just one example of what Pamela is talking about when she says "Obama's narrative is being altered, enhanced and manipulated to whitewash troubling facts."

9.) I Was Fluent In Indonesian - NOT EXACTLY, not one teacher says you could speak the language.

10.) Because I Lived In Indonesia, I Have More Foreign Experience - NOT EXACTLY, you were there from the ages of 6 to 10, and couldn't even speak the language. What did you learn, how to study the Koran and watch cartoons?

11.) I Am Stronger On Foreign Affairs - NOT EXACTLY, except for Africa (surprise) and the Middle East (bigger surprise), you have never been anywhere else on the planet and thus have NO experience with our closest allies.

12.) I Blame My Early Drug Use On Ethnic Confusion - NOT EXACTLY, you were quite content in high school to be Barry Obama, no mention of Kenya and no mention of struggle to identify - your classmates said you were just fine.

13.)An Ebony Article Moved Me To Run For Office - NOT EXACTLY, Ebony has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn't, and never did, exist.

14.) A Life Magazine Article Changed My Outlook On Life - NOT EXACTLY, Life has yet to find the article you mention in your book. It doesn't, and never did, exist.

15.) I Won't Run On A National Ticket In '08 - NOT EXACTLY, here you are, despite saying, live on TV, that you would not have enough experience by then, and you are all about having experience first.

16.) Voting "Present" is Common In Illinois Senate - NOT EXACTLY, they are common for YOU, but not many others have 130 NO VOTES.

17.) Oops, I Misvoted - NOT EXACTLY, only when caught by church groups and Democrats, did you beg to change your misvote.

18.) I Was A Professor of Law - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.

19.) I Was A Constitutional Lawyer - NOT EXACTLY, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.

20.) Without Me, There Would Be No Ethics Bill - NOT EXACTLY, you didn't write it, introduce it, change it, or create it.

21.) The Ethics Bill Was Hard to Pass - NOT EXACTLY, it took just 14 days from start to finish.

22.) I Wrote A Tough Nuclear Bill - NOT EXACTLY, your bill was rejected by your own party for its pandering and lack of all regulation - mainly because of your Nuclear donor, Exelon, from which David Axelrod came.

23.) I Have Released My State Records - NOT EXACTLY, as of March, 2008, state bills you sponsored or voted for have yet to be released, exposing all the special interests pork hidden within.

24.) I Took On The Asbestos Altgeld Gardens Mess - NOT EXACTLY, you were part of a large group of people who remedied Altgeld Gardens. You failed to mention anyone else but yourself, in your books.

25.) My Economics Bill Will Help America - NOT EXACTLY, your 111 economic policies were just combined into a proposal which lost 99-0, and even YOU voted against your own bill.

26.) I Have Been a Bold Leader in Illinois - NOT EXACTLY, even your own supporters claim to have not seen BOLD action on your part.

27.) I Passed 26 Of My Own Bills In One Year - NOT EXACTLY, they were not YOUR bills, but rather handed to you, after their creation by a fellow Senator, to assist you in a future bid for higher office .

28.) No One on my campaign contacted Canada about NAFTA - NOT EXACTLY, the Canadian Government issued the names and a memo of the conversation your campaign had with them.

29.) I Am Tough on Terrorism - NOT EXACTLY, you missed the Iran Resolution vote on terrorism and your good friend Ali Abunimah supports the destruction of Israel.

30.) I Want All Votes to Count - NOT EXACTLY, you said let the delegates decide.

31.) I Want Americans to Decide - NOT EXACTLY, you prefer caucuses that limit the vote, confuse the voters, force a public vote, and only operate during small windows of time.

32.) I passed 900 Bills in the State Senate - NOT EXACTLY, you passed 26, most of which you didn't write yourself.

33.) I Believe In Fairness, Not Tactics - NOT EXACTLY, you used tactics to eliminate Alice Palmer from running against you.

34.) I Don't Take PAC Money - NOT EXACTLY, you take loads of it.

35.) I don't Have Lobbyists - NOT EXACTLY, you have over 47 lobbyists, and counting.

36.) My Campaign Had Nothing to Do With The 1984 Ad - NOT EXACTLY, your own campaign worker made the ad on his Apple in one afternoon.

37.) I Have Always Been against Iraq - NOT EXACTLY, you weren't in office to vote against it AND you have voted to fund it every single time.

38.) I Have Always Supported Universal Health Care - NOT EXACTLY, your plan leaves us all to pay for the 15,000,000 who don't have to buy it.

None of this changes the fact that he is the change messiah who makes all white liberals feel all gooey inside for being such good people for supporting a black candidate. He would bring change all right. The kind of change that would have ALL Americans saying, "Gold help us".

Haven't had time to go through every one of these yet, but I did check the goat herder one and this email is not quite accurate. He didn't say his father was a goat-herder as an adult:

His father, Barack Obama Sr., was born and raised in a small village in Kenya, where he grew up herding goats with his own father, who was a domestic servant to the British.

http://www.barackobama.com/learn/meet.php

I'm not holding out a lot of hope for most of the rest if a simple first page search on Google gives you the full answer on this one.

Stick to the facts people.

And if any of the Dems start posting similar type goofy stuff about McCain, rest assured I'll give it the same treatment if someone else doesn't beat me to the punch. And in fact, that should be the way we all treat these kinds of things even when they are aimed at the opposing candidate. Give it the same kind of scrutiny and skepticism you would one that was aimed at your own candidate and research accordingly rather than just forwarding on to your entire address book.

Haven't had time to go through every one of these yet, but I did check the goat herder one and this email is not quite accurate. He didn't say his father was a goat-herder as an adult:

His father, Barack Obama Sr., was born and raised in a small village in Kenya, where he grew up herding goats with his own father, who was a domestic servant to the British.

http://www.barackobama.com/learn/meet.php

I'm not holding out a lot of hope for most of the rest if a simple first page search on Google gives you the full answer.

Stick to the facts people.

And if any of the Dems start posting similar type goofy stuff about McCain, rest assured I'll give it the same treatment if someone else doesn't beat me to the punch. And in fact, that should be the way we all treat these kinds of things even when they are aimed at the opposing candidate. Give it the same kind of scrutiny and skepticism you would one that was aimed at your own candidate and research accordingly rather than just forwarding on to your entire address book.

The problem I have with this email is it doesn't cite where it got its Obama quote from. However, there is some truth in it. Item 4 for example, Obama's cousin was going to establish Sharia Law. What's also interesting is this document was going to establish Kenya as a safe harbor for terrorists.

The problem isn't that Obama's cousin is involved in a revolutionary Muslim movement in Kenya. We all have a twig or branch on the family tree that we don't necessarily want to be associated with. The problem is Obama supported this movement, which did brutally murder Christians, by chastising the corruption in the Kenyan government run by Odinga's opposition just before an election. The speech he gave is on his website.

http://obama.senate.gov/speech/060828-an_honest_gover/

This is a quote I found interesting in the above mentioned speech:

Corruption is not a new problem. It's not just a Kenyan problem, or an African problem. It's a human problem, and it has existed in some form in almost every society. My own city of Chicago has been the home of some of the most corrupt local politics in American history, from patronage machines to questionable elections.

This guy has some data linking Obama to those political machines, and this letter raises questions about the recent elections.

As far as attending the Muslim school... I've heard him say before he had Catholic worship services in a separate room. I'm sorry, I just don't believe this. Read the pdf posted above, there is no tolerance for other religions. Why on earth would they allow the practice of another religion within the walls of an Islamic educational establishment? Also, many parts of Indonesia are the last place a Christian wants to be. They'd probably fair better evangelizing openly in the streets of Kabul.

The school he went to was not a "Sharia law" style or "madrassa" school. This is well established by CNN and mentioned on Snopes.com. It was not a religious school in that way. He also attended a Catholic school as a child.

I didn't mean to assert that he attended a radical Muslim school, only a Muslim school. That was unintentional. I still stick by my points though. How many Christian schools are you aware of that will allow non-Christian worship services on their campus?

It's not a "Muslim school" in even the same way American private Christian schools are religious:

But reporting by CNN in Jakarta, Indonesia and Washington, D.C., shows the allegations that Obama attended a madrassa to be false. CNN dispatched Senior International Correspondent John Vause to Jakarta to investigate.

He visited the Basuki school, which Obama attended from 1969 to 1971.

"This is a public school. We don't focus on religion," Hardi Priyono, deputy headmaster of the Basuki school, told Vause. "In our daily lives, we try to respect religion, but we don't give preferential treatment."

Vause reported he saw boys and girls dressed in neat school uniforms playing outside the school, while teachers were dressed in Western-style clothes.

"I came here to Barack Obama's elementary school in Jakarta looking for what some are calling an Islamic madrassa ... like the ones that teach hate and violence in Pakistan and Afghanistan," Vause said on the "Situation Room" Monday. "I've been to those madrassas in Pakistan ... this school is nothing like that."

Vause also interviewed one of Obama's Basuki classmates, Bandug Winadijanto, who claims that not a lot has changed at the school since the two men were pupils. Insight reported that Obama's political opponents believed the school promoted Wahhabism, a fundamentalist form of Islam, "and are seeking to prove it."

"It's not (an) Islamic school. It's general," Winadijanto said. "There is a lot of Christians, Buddhists, also Confucian. ... So that's a mixed school."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/obama.madrassa/

The whole dustup over this school is so much ado about nothing that it's starting to make conservatives that propagate it look silly. The school is nothing remarkable and quite possibly did allow time during the day for children to attend a chapel or short worship service since Indonesia has never had an USA-style separation of church and state that would affect even their public schools.

I didn't mean to assert that he attended a radical Muslim school, only a Muslim school. That was unintentional. I still stick by my points though. How many Christian schools are you aware of that will allow non-Christian worship services on their campus?

Here's one:

http://sao.nd.edu/studentgroups/listing/religious.shtml

You're facts are still wrong, though.

It's not a "Muslim school" in even the same way American private Christian schools are religious:

Gotcha. I stand corrected.

You're facts are still wrong, though.

What facts are you referring to? I haven't claimed ownership of any of the above items.

Archived