$4 Gas

RunInRed

With gas now officially over $4...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/29/map.gas.prices/index.html

And to no surprise, this Administration is completely in the dark...

Peter Maer of CBS News Radio asked: "What’s your advice to the average American who is hurting now, facing the prospect of $4-a-gallon gasoline, a lot of people facing ... "

"Wait, what did you just say?" the president interrupted. "You’re predicting $4-a-gallon gasoline?"

Maer responded: "A number of analysts are predicting $4-a-gallon gasoline."

Bush’s rejoinder: "Oh, yeah? That’s interesting. I hadn’t heard that."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EWwrK0VQkY

This is fun. Who else can we laugh at for their inability to predict the future?

Way to dig up a video from last fall and use it to shame someone.

I sure hope bush can win this next election. The dims sure are beating him up pretty bad this time around....

What do you guys think about this:

"Perhaps up to 60% of today's oil price is pure speculation"

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?con...va&aid=8878

Most of us have been saying that all along. There is no shortage of oil. Iran is storing extra on ships in port. The speculators are the ones driving it up. And in this country, I think its legal for the guys bidding on oil to be in the employ of the oil companies, effectively just driving the price up.

Its all Bush's fault that gas is so high! If only he could drill for oil somewhere that has not been tapped yet. I wonder if Alaska has an oil that we have not touched as a resource yet. Surely the democrats would not stop Bush from doing that if such a place existed. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside, politicians on both sides of the aisle or just as guilty when it comes to how our resources have been used, or not used in some cases. They are also responsible for not putting forth the appropriate amount of funding to research better fuel alternatives. Now everybody wants to play the blame game.

Bush WILL win his third term and finally fix everything that the world see's as destructive.

His plan is to walk on water to Korea and personally thank Kim Jong Il for being there for him, then he will travel to Iran on a perfectly green, carbon offset life raft made of tea leaves, where he can read the future en route. After meeting with the Imams about new explorations into the S.C. nuclear holding site, he'll head on up to the most dangerous area of the world..............The U.S. Congress. That's where he will address his enemies by stating: "We the people, who are in disaray and in shambles, will enter into an agreement with The NEW WORLD ORDER, and your new leader will be non other than........................ Joseph Stalin IV. He has been cloned from the DNA of his great grandfather, and soon will be ready to take his rightful place in history.

I'm going back to the ranch.........See Ya'll Later........... Git R Done

:) :)

DAMN! Unless every report says we have so much oil that it's spilling out onto to ground, these speculators are gonna drive the price through the roof.

Oil prices soar after Energy Department report

Wednesday June 11, 11:30 am ET

By John Wilen, AP Business Writer

Oil prices soar to near $137 a barrel after Energy Department reports falling supplies

NEW YORK (AP) -- Oil prices soared Wednesday as the dollar fell and the Energy Department issued a mixed report on the nation's fuel inventories. At the pump, gas prices rose to a new record over $4.05 a gallon.

ADVERTISEMENT

The department's Energy Information Administration said oil inventories fell more than expected last week, and that gave oil a kick upward. But prices eased back to their pre-report levels as traders read further into the EIA's release and found that supplies of fuel such as gasoline and heating oil rose and demand fell.

Light, sweet crude spiked up nearly $5.50 to $136.80 a barrel soon after the report's release, then retreated to trade up $3.06 at $134.37 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

The dollar's travails again sent oil prices rising. The euro bought $1.5539, up from $1.5449 Tuesday. Oil prices have closely tracked dollar moves; prices rose sharply last week when the dollar fell, then retreated more than $7 earlier this week as the dollar gained ground.

"It's been hand in hand with what the dollar's been doing," said James Cordier, president of Tampa, Fla.-based trading firms Liberty Trading Group and OptionSellers.com.

Many investors buy commodities such as oil as a hedge against inflation when the dollar falls. Also, a weaker greenback makes oil less expensive to investors dealing in other currencies. Many analysts believe the dollar's protracted decline is the primary reason oil prices have doubled over the past year.

The EIA said oil inventories fell by 4.6 million barrels last week. Analysts surveyed by energy research firm Platts expected a much smaller decline of about 1.4 million barrels.

But other elements of the report were considered bearish for prices, and pulled oil off its earlier highs. Supplies of gasoline and distillate fuels such as diesel and heating oil both rose last week, and demand for gasoline fell by 1.3 percent. (But oil prices still rise?)

Retail gas prices, meanwhile, rose to another record Wednesday, rising 0.9 cent overnight to a national average of $4.052, according to a survey of stations by AAA and the Oil Price Information Service. Prices continue rising, despite falling demand, because the price of oil keeps moving higher.

While oil prices have slipped some from last week's trading record of $139.12 a barrel, analysts say gas prices still have some catching up to do, and could rise another nickel or so. Of course, if oil futures blast past that record and reach new highs, gas prices will likely rise even higher.

Also supporting oil prices Wednesday was Royal Dutch Shell PLC's decision to extend force majeure on some Nigerian oil shipments, a legal declaration that means the company can't meet contractual obligations to supply some customers. The company first made the declaration following a militant attack in April.

LINK

It's time to make a stand, America! Throw out the parties, and let's pressure Washington to get off their butts and do something CONSTRUCTIVE for a change.

oh, if only folks would have listened to Reagan back in 1981, when he said America needed to drill offshore more. where would the price of oil be today?

oh, if only folks would have listened to Reagan back in 1981, when he said America needed to drill offshore more. where would the price of oil be today?

$4 a gallon

$4 a gallon

I find that hard to believe.

$4 a gallon

Well all other overseas relations would be about the same. Knowing we do have this supply out there, that is a possiblity, unlikely one but still an option, to lower them now. If those supplies were diminished even a small percentage back in the 80's then that would cause more "concern" for the speculators mentioned above to "worry" about. I just think regardless of what supplies have or have not been tapped into, we would still be where we are now.

$4 a gallon

Well all other overseas relations would be about the same. Knowing we do have this supply out there, that is a possiblity, unlikely one but still an option, to lower them now. If those supplies were diminished even a small percentage back in the 80's then that would cause more "concern" for the speculators mentioned above to "worry" about. I just think regardless of what supplies have or have not been tapped into, we would still be where we are now.

How do we know they would be the same? Independence from arab oil would have kept the price low and kept them from becoming oil rich. When they have to worry about food more than oil, then we have no problems with them. But to say it wouldn't have mattered is not a very prudent thing to say. We have enough oil under our own soil to keep us in oil while we create alternative fuel sources. But since no one drilled, it will now take a minimum of 7 years to bring any of that oil to the public. Thanks to all the tree-hugging librul voters out there.

How do we know they would be the same?

I don't "know" that. I said things would be "about the same". I, just doubt that things would be headed in a direction 180 degrees from where it is now.

Independence from arab oil would have kept the price low and kept them from becoming oil rich. When they have to worry about food more than oil, then we have no problems with them. But to say it wouldn't have mattered is not a very prudent thing to say.

I doubt we would have gained "independence" from anybody.

We have enough oil under our own soil to keep us in oil while we create alternative fuel sources.

We probably do have enough oil to last us for a while ~200 yrs at current rates. However, I don't think that it will take seven years to develop alternative fuel sources, while we tap into that oil. There has been studies and research done since the 70's and you cannot honestly tell me that you believe nobody has made any advances. Some individuals, not scientists or researchers but ordinary folks, have their own alternative ways of fueling their cars, heating their homes, and cleaning their water. I wish, in a sick way, we'd run out of gas tomorrow. I bet within 2 months, we'd be back to running up & down the road like normal. Reason being, the guys once told to shut up or were paid off to keep their ideas to themselves would have car manufactures, governments at all levels, and you beating their doors down with wads of cash in hand

But since no one drilled, it will now take a minimum of 7 years to bring any of that oil to the public. Thanks to all the tree-hugging librul voters out there.

There are very few people that vote solely on being a tree-hugger. Besides, not all tree huggers are liberal nor are all liberals tree-huggers. That is not a prudent thing for you to say.

How do we know they would be the same?

I don't "know" that. I said things would be "about the same". I, just doubt that things would be headed in a direction 180 degrees from where it is now.

Independence from arab oil would have kept the price low and kept them from becoming oil rich. When they have to worry about food more than oil, then we have no problems with them. But to say it wouldn't have mattered is not a very prudent thing to say.

I doubt we would have gained "independence" from anybody.

We have enough oil under our own soil to keep us in oil while we create alternative fuel sources.

We probably do have enough oil to last us for a while ~200 yrs at current rates. However, I don't think that it will take seven years to develop alternative fuel sources, while we tap into that oil. There has been studies and research done since the 70's and you cannot honestly tell me that you believe nobody has made any advances. Some individuals, not scientists or researchers but ordinary folks, have their own alternative ways of fueling their cars, heating their homes, and cleaning their water. I wish, in a sick way, we'd run out of gas tomorrow. I bet within 2 months, we'd be back to running up & down the road like normal. Reason being, the guys once told to shut up or were paid off to keep their ideas to themselves would have car manufactures, governments at all levels, and you beating their doors down with wads of cash in hand

But since no one drilled, it will now take a minimum of 7 years to bring any of that oil to the public. Thanks to all the tree-hugging librul voters out there.

There are very few people that vote solely on being a tree-hugger. Besides, not all tree huggers are liberal nor are all liberals tree-huggers. That is not a prudent thing for you to say.

I bet the percentages are high enough that it is prudent to call most libruls tree-huggers.

But I digress. Your statement

I wish, in a sick way, we'd run out of gas tomorrow.
says a lot about how greenies think. It is exactly that kind of thinking that the tree-huggers have. They don't care a damn thing about families or the economy. They think that if we would just create greener stuff, the world would be better off. So what if a a few people starve or hit poverty in the process. Just so long as the grass is greener and sky is cleaner.

Alternative fuel sources will come. But in the mean time, why should we be forced to go cold turkey when it's not necessary? Unless, of course, nothing else matters.

But had we drilled when Reagan suggested, we would not have been in this predicament at this time. Unless you believe in the peak oil theory.

But I digress. Your statement

I wish, in a sick way, we'd run out of gas tomorrow.
says a lot about how greenies think. It is exactly that kind of thinking that the tree-huggers have. They don't care a damn thing about families or the economy. They think that if we would just create greener stuff, the world would be better off. So what if a a few people starve or hit poverty in the process. Just so long as the grass is greener and sky is cleaner.

Alternative fuel sources will come. But in the mean time, why should we be forced to go cold turkey when it's not necessary? Unless, of course, nothing else matters.

My point in that statement is that it would NOT take long to find an alternative and I doubt anybody would starve to death. In all reality, cold turkey would never happen. I'm just saying it seems that is what it will take for some to even consider thinking outside the box, even for a gradual change or something to work along side oil/natrual gas/coal. It seems too many people, I'm not implying you so don't take this as a jab, are scared to think of anything else in fear of being called a tree-hugging-hippie-liberal-democrat-green-eyed-blue-skied-jackass. The end result either for us or our decendents will have all oil gone, plain and simple. It doesn't hurt to start making a move away from it.

It could help the economy too. I'm not saying it would, but you have to consider what would become available if we had other ways of capturing engery it would create jobs for American families. Somebody has to think of it. Peolpe have to put the ideas to a tangible source. People have to go to the homes and plants to convert to the new way. Upkeep will be an ever present effect. Granted tapping into the other oil reserves could do a similar good, though not as drastic.

Archived