Democrat unity poll

Tigermike

Democrat unity poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Does Hillary really want Obama to win?

• YES
    • NO

Just 37% Believe Clinton Wants Obama to Win

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just 37% of voters nationwide think that Hillary Clinton wants Barack Obama to win the White House this November. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 33% disagree and say that Clinton does not want an Obama victory. Thirty percent (30%) are not sure.

A plurality of women (39%) think Clinton is rooting for Obama while a plurality of men (40%) disagree. Fifty-six percent (56%) of Democrats think the former First Lady wants the man who wrestled the nomination away from her to win it all. So do 20% of Republicans and 27% of unaffiliated voters.

Forty-four percent (44%) of Democrats think Clinton should be named as Obama’s Vice Presidential running mate. That’s down slightly from 51% immediately after Obama clinched the nomination. Just 24% of unaffiliated voters think Clinton should be on the ticket while 52% disagree.

If Obama wins, 73% of Democratic voters say that Hillary Clinton should be considered for a Cabinet position. However, just 41% of Democrats think that former President Bill Clinton should have a role in an Obama Administration. On that last point, 49% of Democrats say no to Bill.

Unaffiliated voters are evenly divided as to whether Hillary Clinton should be considered for a Cabinet position. But, just 18% of unaffiliateds want Bill Clinton to have a role and 75% are opposed to the idea.

Hillary Clinton is now viewed favorably by 52% of all voters nationwide and unfavorably by 45%. Sixty-one percent (61%) of women have a favorable opinion of her along with 42% of men. She earns positive reviews from 69% of African-American voters and 48% of White voters. The New York Senator continues to do well with those on the lower ends of the income scale—among those who earn less than $40,000 a year, she is viewed favorably by 63%. Among those with incomes over $75,000 annually, her favorable ratings fall to 45%.

See survey questions and toplines. Crosstabs are available to Premium Members only.

Rasmussen Reports is an electronic publishing firm specializing in the collection, publication, and distribution of public opinion polling information.

The Rasmussen Reports ElectionEdgeâ„¢ Premium Service for Election 2008 offers the most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a Presidential election.

Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade.

LINK

Regardless if she REALLY wants it, she will put all of her power and support behind him - and in the end isn't that all that matters?

Also, why would Bill want a job? Former Presidents don't go back and work in cabinets. Give me an example of this in the past 80 years.

Essentially my point is what is the point of these questions? There really is nothing we can draw from this other than (no surprise) a lot of people think Hillary is a bitch and holds a grudge.

Oh I don't think he would want a job. But if he were a close "adviser", well then it would open up even more $$$$ accounts of the Saudis for Bill. You do know he has made a lot of money since leaving office. You have said before that you work "on the hill". If so you know how much Saudi money there is floating around D.C. How does it work? They work, retire, then are hired onto boards and at think tanks. You know the drill.

As far as that goes Hillary will have no problems paying off that huge campaign debt, will she?

Regardless if she REALLY wants it, she will put all of her power and support behind him - and in the end isn't that all that matters?

Also, why would Bill want a job? Former Presidents don't go back and work in cabinets. Give me an example of this in the past 80 years.

Essentially my point is what is the point of these questions? There really is nothing we can draw from this other than (no surprise) a lot of people think Hillary is a bitch and holds a grudge.

I am offended by your sexist remark.

I dont think she is a bitch, I voted for her.

Irregardless, the word is demeaning to women and makes those who say it sexist which thus makes them racist as well.

I dont think she is a bitch, I voted for her.

Irregardless, the word is demeaning to women and makes those who say it sexist which thus makes them racist as well.

Hilarious.

Archived