31,000 scientists

Tigermike

31,000 scientists reject 'global warming' agenda

'Mr. Gore's movie has claims no informed expert endorses'

More than 31,000 scientists across the U.S. – including more than 9,000 Ph.D.s in fields such as atmospheric science, climatology, Earth science, environment and dozens of other specialties – have signed a petition rejecting "global warming," the assumption that the human production of greenhouse gases is damaging Earth's climate.

"There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate," the petition states. "Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth."

The Petition Project actually was launched nearly 10 years ago, when the first few thousand signatures were assembled. Then, between 1999 and 2007, the list of signatures grew gradually without any special effort or campaign.

But now, a new effort has been conducted because of an "escalation of the claims of 'consensus,' release of the movie 'An Inconvenient Truth' by Mr. Al Gore, and related events," according to officials with the project.

Repaired link. Thanks Loggerhead

I'm happy to see more and more people speak out against the THEORY of global warming. Yet the media is still pumping out the dire end of the world message that global warming has become.

goresmash.JPG

I'm sorry Tigermike, but the debate on global warming, I mean climate change is OVER ! Didn't you get that memo ? Now shut up, sit down and wait for your carbon credit allowance like a good little patriot !!

31,000 scientists reject 'global warming' agenda

'Mr. Gore's movie has claims no informed expert endorses'

More than 31,000 scientists across the U.S. – including more than 9,000 Ph.D.s in fields such as atmospheric science, climatology, Earth science, environment and dozens of other specialties – have signed a petition rejecting "global warming," the assumption that the human production of greenhouse gases is damaging Earth's climate.

"There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate," the petition states. "Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth."

The Petition Project actually was launched nearly 10 years ago, when the first few thousand signatures were assembled. Then, between 1999 and 2007, the list of signatures grew gradually without any special effort or campaign.

But now, a new effort has been conducted because of an "escalation of the claims of 'consensus,' release of the movie 'An Inconvenient Truth' by Mr. Al Gore, and related events," according to officials with the project.

link

Your link isn't working, btw.

Still, headlines/articles like the above aren't frequent enough to undo the mass ignorance. For example, I'm traveling to Portland very soon to interview for a job. I decided to take the train and bought a ticket on Amtrak. After I reserved my seat I was offered the chance to "offset my rail travel carbon footprint"

By paying an extra $3 to this group on top of my ticket, I can get to feel good about myself for decreasing my carbon footprint. I'm crapping you negative: link

After I reserved my seat I was offered the chance to "offset my rail travel carbon footprint"

By paying an extra $3 to this group on top of my ticket, I can get to feel good about myself for decreasing my carbon footprint. I'm crapping you negative: link

I'm hoping you declined. You should have responded " Hey, you know what they say about a man w/ a large carbon footprint, eh ? " B)

From the Amtrak link :

*Includes calculated radiative forcing.

(Emissions factors based on calculations

from the World Resources Institute)

* Ouch, that sounds painful.

Still, headlines/articles like the above aren't frequent enough to undo the mass ignorance. For example, I'm traveling to Portland very soon to interview for a job. I decided to take the train and bought a ticket on Amtrak. After I reserved my seat I was offered the chance to "offset my rail travel carbon footprint"

Sorry about that.

Try this.

offsets_button.jpg

WTF ? ARTE the 'leaf' says cut down your carbon footprint ?

Are you F-ing KIDDING ME?? Plants USE C02 for photosynthesis ! They convert it into OXYGEN which is what HUMANS breath! When the heck did we learn this...4th grade ? Are they even TEACHING basic biology any more ???

So, you're trying to sell this CARBON FOOTPRINT B..S. by suggesting that 'ARTE' the leaf wants LESS CO2 in the air, which is what it uses to survive, and we'll be doing it a favor, and everything will be perfect ,right ??

:ucrazy:

Photosynthesis_20in_20a_20Plant.jpg

offsets_button.jpg

WTF ? ARTE the 'leaf' says cut down your carbon footprint ?

Are you F-ing KIDDING ME?? Plants USE C02 for photosynthesis ! They convert it into OXYGEN which is what HUMANS breath! When the heck did we learn this...4th grade ? Are they even TEACHING basic biology any more ???

So, you're trying to sell this CARBON FOOTPRINT B..S. by suggesting that 'ARTE' the leaf wants LESS CO2 in the air, which is what it uses to survive, and we'll be doing it a favor, and everything will be perfect ,right ??

:ucrazy:

Photosynthesis_20in_20a_20Plant.jpg

Don't try to cloud the issue with your "science". The Earth will be saved with your help or without it. You can come along and play nicely, or we can take all your stuff and make sure you report to reeducation camp in 2010. Your choice.

Sorry about that.

Try this.

Or this one Post #12. B)

After I reserved my seat I was offered the chance to "offset my rail travel carbon footprint"

I'm hoping you declined. You should have responded " Hey, you know what they say about a man w/ a large carbon footprint, eh ? " B)

Hah!

Archived