Rader: Don't blame Shula in Johns case

DKW 86

Local sports talk guy was talking about the dilemna Saban had. He ACTUALLY asked, "Does he act like the strict disciplinarian and clean house....and risk how that might affect recruiting?

What the F'n F? The overall mentality is mind boggling.

BMH, stop the spin and quit acting like Rader is some outsider. Rader was there, he knows what went down and where the skeletons are and he has every right to defend Shula if he wants. I dont' ever remember Rader being in the running or openly stating he wanted the HC job, so I think you made that up to put more spin out there.

Just because you do not remember something does not mean that it did not happen. I haven't made anything up, because I do not have to do that. I'm not putting any spin out there. All I can say is my personal opinions, and I am entitled to those. I do want strong disclipine for our team, and I think that Coach Saban has been working on that. I do not believe that anything could have helped Jimmie Johns.

The fear of being kicked off the team, missing a few games, I believe would not have discouraged him from selling drugs. The power of greed is a mighty thing. I believe he wanted the money more than he wanted to play ball.

Your arrogance is showing again.....HOW ABOUT THE COACHES CATCH THE KID...KICK HIM OFF THE TEAM...HE LEARNS A LIFE LESSON.........QUITS DEALING DRUGS........AND DOESN'T END UP IN JAIL.

IT's about protecting the kids......not making excuses.....drop the ego and excuses.

I am not making excuses, but you seem to be. If Jimmie Johns had been kicked off the team, he would not have quit dealing drugs. He would have had more free time to do so. He may not have been able to stay in school, but he would have stayed in Tuscaloosa and kept dealing.

Why are you putting the blame on everyone but Johns? He is not a kid. He is almost 22 years old, and will be held accountable for his actions. He is going to jail, and for someone found guilty of selling drugs, this is where he deserves to be. This can not be blamed on Coach Saban, because I do not believe that he knew anything about him selling drugs. I don't know this, and neither do you.

This can not be blamed on Coach Saban, because I do not believe that he knew anything about him selling drugs. I don't know this, and neither do you.

BG, WIN, RWS one of guys want to take this one? B)

FWIW.....I read a post on a prominent bama board by a well informed guy with obvious connections to the bama athletic program. He is also a senior Admin of the board. Referring to the JJ arest he said:

"I really wish I could say that this shocks me but I can't. This has been known for what, 3 years now?

Sad thing is, there has been a drug culture with some members of the team for tha last few years. Slowly but surely this is being weeded out."

This is just incredible to me. How could it be known and nothing done but "slowly" weed it out?

Damnit, Nick's doing all he can. He's just one man.

Aiight?

The real crux is "Discipline and Character" versus "Win Now." Saban, is having to 'Win Now" to appease the football crazed folks in t-town. He cant discipline these losers for fear of it costing him a game.

On the other side of the state we have ole "Six Game Suspension Tommy Tuberville." I know who I want my son coached by, and I really wouldnt give a damn where he was coaching either.

What Bama needs? Bama needs a CTT and in the worst way. They will never get one because he would give up a win here or there to help out these kids. CTT has done that, no one disputes that. Bama would rather get a CNS and win now rather than clean up the mess first.

Saban and staff has been just hoping the problem would go away on it's own, because if he started kicking players of the team and losing, then the bammers would blame him for being too tough. Therefore, Saban hoped at least the guys would be coherent on game days and squeak at a win and hoped nobody would be none the wiser.

FWIW.....I read a post on a prominent bama board by a well informed guy with obvious connections to the bama athletic program. He is also a senior Admin of the board. Referring to the JJ arest he said:

"I really wish I could say that this shocks me but I can't. This has been known for what, 3 years now?

Sad thing is, there has been a drug culture with some members of the team for tha last few years. Slowly but surely this is being weeded out."

This is just incredible to me. How could it be known and nothing done but "slowly" weed it out?

Did he really say "weed"? :roflol:

But I agree (to be blunt): It's high time Saban nipped it in the bud before the whole program goes up in smoke. But I suppose Nick can always move on to greener pastures. :big:

Archived