Bama Insiders Getting Worried

Proud Tiger

ProudTiger:

laugh all you want. You will get it some day. Look at the contrast in the way bear handled a problem and note the emphasis on good relations with others, something Saban doesn't enjoy on a widespread basis. Of course you said you had no idea how bear would handle a problem involving drugs.

Taking up for Bryant now? The only times I've ever heard you mention him were all in a negative light -- accusations from a disgruntled alum in a tabloid, hitting the Dickel too hard, etc. And for the record, I never said anything about how he would have handled a problem involving drugs. You must have me confused.

wow I'm truly impressed with your ability to profile someone based on a post in a message board. But since he is a bama grad and a former FB star I guess you do have a leg up.Actually, your assessment fits most bama grds I know with the exception of FB players. Most former bama FB players I know are pretty nice guys and a few are close friends.

If you've met one Chicken Little, you've met them all. The description you provided helped me to provide that image.

I showed my friend your posts. He said he would love to meet you sometime and have you say those things to his face. He said a few other things that wouldn't last 30 seconds if I posted them here.:big::big:

Make sure you congratulate your friend for proving my point. An unknown soul on an internet message board dubs him as a "hothead" and he responds with "He wouldn't say it to my face" and other incendiary comments. I never knew I was so clairvoyant. I also never knew there was an Alabama fan not in a vegetative state that was pleased with the direction the program was headed during every reign post-Stallings.

If he doesn't want to support Coach Saban and our program, then that's his choice. I, however, refuse to jump off the bandwagon because a distraught player showed poor decision making. This guy appears to amount to nothing more than PCChamp with a letterman's jacket.

Also, do his statements not contradict your theory of us being a traditionally lawless program? Your trump card is that Alabama's always cheated, yet, when Jimmy Johns bad headlines in 2008, you post threads describing former players' discontent and speculation as to what Bear, a guy you hardly adore, would have done. What is it, ProudTiger?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That stat itself is not misleading, you can't deny that he has gone 22-23 in the last three seasons as a head coach. The reasons why he has gone 22-23 has been omitted from the post.

He's had average talent, for one. Alabama and the Dolphins are not LSU and the Patriots.

The same applies to Tuberville. With the mediocre talent he had at Ole Miss, he was 0-4 against Alabama and Auburn, 1-3 against Arkansas, 0-3 against Tennesee/Florida, and only went to a bowl game in half of the years he was their head coach. Does that make him a below average coach? Certainly not. It just shows that he was Ole Miss' talent level was overmatched in relation to the conference's elite.

This thread is hilarious. I have seen nothing from Nick Saban that even shows hints that he is "still" a good coach or that he is "better today" than he's ever been.

He is 22-23 in his last 3 seasons, and 2 of those he had the best talent he will ever put on the field and he had losing seasons.

How is this indicative of a good coach?

He has let the program get out of control in Tuscaloosa. 10 arrests?

Spurrier was 19-25 if you combine his two years (both losing seasons) in the NFL and his first season back in NCAA. i guess he is just absolutely HORRIBLE then. CNS first season with the Fins he did not have a losing season, so you may want to check your facts there. he was 9-7. it is almost the dumbest thing i have heard to say "the two years he was in the NFL he had the best talent he will field, and still couldn't win". maybe if he were playing against college teams while in the NFL, you could make that comparison. but obviously the competition was heightened when he went to the NFL and now the competition has bumped down a notch now that he is back in NCAA.

Dang.....this coach has all kinds of discipline problems, isn't making any moves to correct them and you defend every aspect of his being as if you worship him. I just don't get it.

the only thing i addressed was the "he's not a good coach because of his last two years of NFL and first year back in NCAA" argument, which is ridiculous.

OK nitpicker.....The sum total of your posts defend him. I bet you don't get along well with co-workers do you?

This thread is hilarious. I have seen nothing from Nick Saban that even shows hints that he is "still" a good coach or that he is "better today" than he's ever been.

He is 22-23 in his last 3 seasons, and 2 of those he had the best talent he will ever put on the field and he had losing seasons.

Spurrier was 19-25 if you combine his two years (both losing seasons) in the NFL and his first season back in NCAA. i guess he is just absolutely HORRIBLE then. CNS first season with the Fins he did not have a losing season, so you may want to check your facts there. he was 9-7. it is almost the dumbest thing i have heard to say "the two years he was in the NFL he had the best talent he will field, and still couldn't win". maybe if he were playing against college teams while in the NFL, you could make that comparison. but obviously the competition was heightened when he went to the NFL and now the competition has bumped down a notch now that he is back in NCAA.

Dang.....this coach has all kinds of discipline problems, isn't making any moves to correct them and you defend every aspect of his being as if you worship him. I just don't get it.

the only thing i addressed was the "he's not a good coach because of his last two years of NFL and first year back in NCAA" argument, which is ridiculous.

OK nitpicker.....The sum total of your posts defend him. I bet you don't get along well with co-workers do you?

actually, they like me enough they threatened to cut my pinky toes off if i went to the opposite shift, if that counts for anything. B)

actually, they like me enough they threatened to cut my pinky toes off if i went to the opposite shift, if that counts for anything. B)

"You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish."

Spurrier was 19-25 if you combine his two years (both losing seasons) in the NFL and his first season back in NCAA. i guess he is just absolutely HORRIBLE then.

I wouldn't say he is horrible, but yea he is not the Spurrier that he used to be. That is obvious now by the fact that he is giving up play calling. The old Spurrier would never do that. A great coach isn't always a great coach. I don't mean that to say Saban is in that category, but I do mean to say that I think Spurrier doesn't help the argument. I don't think he will every win another SEC championship. I would be on that.

ProudTiger:

laugh all you want. You will get it some day. Look at the contrast in the way bear handled a problem and note the emphasis on good relations with others, something Saban doesn't enjoy on a widespread basis. Of course you said you had no idea how bear would handle a problem involving drugs.

Taking up for Bryant now? The only times I've ever heard you mention him were all in a negative light -- accusations from a disgruntled alum in a tabloid, hitting the Dickel too hard, etc. And for the record, I never said anything about how he would have handled a problem involving drugs. You must have me confused.

wow I'm truly impressed with your ability to profile someone based on a post in a message board. But since he is a bama grad and a former FB star I guess you do have a leg up.Actually, your assessment fits most bama grds I know with the exception of FB players. Most former bama FB players I know are pretty nice guys and a few are close friends.

If you've met one Chicken Little, you've met them all. The description you provided helped me to provide that image.

I showed my friend your posts. He said he would love to meet you sometime and have you say those things to his face. He said a few other things that wouldn't last 30 seconds if I posted them here.:big::big:

Make sure you congratulate your friend for proving my point. An unknown soul on an internet message board dubs him as a "hothead" and he responds with "He wouldn't say it to my face" and other incendiary comments. I never knew I was so clairvoyant. I also never knew there was an Alabama fan not in a vegetative state that was pleased with the direction the program was headed during every reign post-Stallings.

If he doesn't want to support Coach Saban and our program, then that's his choice. I, however, refuse to jump off the bandwagon because a distraught player showed poor decision making. This guy appears to amount to nothing more than PCChamp with a letterman's jacket.

Also, do his statements not contradict your theory of us being a traditionally lawless program? Your trump card is that Alabama's always cheated, yet, when Jimmy Johns bad headlines in 2008, you post threads describing former players' discontent and speculation as to what Bear, a guy you hardly adore, would have done. What is it, ProudTiger?

You have long ago missed the point and it's not worth my time continuing this drivel. It is totally outside my caring zone.

IMO, I really don't see the big deal. Yes, cocaine is a major drug. But come on - it is one athlete on the team. Could other players on the team be using the stuff - it's possible. But only one kid was arrested for dealing the stuff. I know 10 kids have been arrested since he's gotten here, but most of it has been pretty low except for this.

That said, I don't see this being a big problem for Alabama unless it turned out to be that many players were involved. If it is only one - hell, sometimes these things happen. Honestly, what is the big difference between dealing pot and coke? You still get arrested and you still get kicked off the team most likely.

I say he has "lost control" once many players gets in some sort of scandal (similar to the text book scandal) regarding drugs and stuff like that. I really don't see one athlete being a big difference. Saban doesn't have to worry about JJ anymore. He can worry about his current players. Now if they were to get in trouble with a similar situation, then we can talk.

"I have met Steve Spurrier and little nicky is NO Steve Spurrier."

Spurrier was 19-25 if you combine his two years (both losing seasons) in the NFL and his first season back in NCAA. i guess he is just absolutely HORRIBLE then.

I wouldn't say he is horrible, but yea he is not the Spurrier that he used to be. That is obvious now by the fact that he is giving up play calling. The old Spurrier would never do that. A great coach isn't always a great coach. I don't mean that to say Saban is in that category, but I do mean to say that I think Spurrier doesn't help the argument. I don't think he will every win another SEC championship. I would be on that.

This is one of the most sensible posts in the last few weeks.

I think Saban has a ? until he proves something. He has not been a good coach the last 3 years. He has recruited well for 1 year, and that is it. He has done a LOT of things that a top coach would not do and he has not done many things that a top coach would do.

I'm just saying all the bammers that constantly talk about how Saban is such an awesome coach really are talking about Saban @ LSU. They are not talking about Saban 2008.

You may be the most brilliant tactician to ever live, but if you cannot lead MEN, then you are not a good commander. I say Saban has lost his ability to lead and that is why all this trouble is breaking loose in Tuscaloosa.

I think the Spurrier argument is bad all around. To be honest, if he was not at USC I think he'd be doing a lot better, obviously I don't mean at like Vandy. USC just can't hang all year.

Archived