Bama Insiders Getting Worried

Proud Tiger

I at one time thought BMH to be one of the few level headed Bama fans

but lately his post seem to be akin to a three year old who ha his favorite

toy taken away. :poke:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You say you own us. When did you get to buy your freedom back? After 9 wins, I would think that we pretty much owned you. Just remember what goes around comes around, and you may be talking a little too strong.--I agree you owned us then, just like we own you now. And your brethren made sure we knew it every day. And you are now experiencing the very thing you talk about. It has come around....FOR YOU!!!!

And still do a quarter century later, despite the present reality that they haven't beaten us since gas was $1.19 per gallon.

Well too many people beat me to it.

No, when Alabama beat us 9 in a row, only the newspapers, TV stations and other media outlets were this nice (as in this thread). They were never really condescending or insulting to Auburn, they just pretended we were not here at all. It was as if there were only one university in the state from their perspective. So I don't want to hear anything about you getting treated "bad."

As for the way Alabama fans treated Auburn, it was far worse than anything that has been said to you in this thread or on this message board by myself or any others.

The cow college comment has already been mentioned. I guess you forgot about that with your crying about fingers in the air.

It's funny you throw the what goes around comes around thing out there because it is happening all right. Except there is no way that we could ever have the good ole boys controlling the media and every other thing in the state that you guys had back then to make it look like you don't even exist.

Why does this keep coming up? The majority of the Alabama fans(and not the ones that post on here) are not upset in anyway with Coach Saban, and he knows this. We have no intention of firing him, and he has no plans for leaving.

I see that as a problem in itself. How can you not be horribly angry at your coach who came in to bring bama back and has made more of a joke of it since he has been here?

Lost to LaMonroe - check

Highest arrest record in CFB - Check

Racial comments used with media - Check

Waffled on discipline - Check

Lost a 6th game in a row to Auburn - Check

Lost second game in a row to Miss st. - Check

Had football players investigated by the NCAA for violations - Check

Had less than a full calander year to lose 3 assistants - Check

Theres more and the only positive so far and that was a recruiting national championship thats showing some qualifying problems so far.

I can't see how anyone can be happy with the last 17 months. In fact I would be really frustrated and expecting more out of a premiere coach being paid a 1 sided 4 mill contract and given full reign of my program.

Having hope is good, delusional acceptance of poor results is not.

Wow! This is GREAT reading. (Can anyone guess that the Season is getting closer?)

The Nip Watch can't be too far away!

WDE! ! !

Wow! This is GREAT reading. (Can anyone guess that the Season is getting closer?)

WDE! ! !

Careful. Talking about the Nip makes me want to start up some Beatdown Coming pics.

For me, the great thing is that unless Saban voluntarily leaves--or is fired for NCAA violations, moral turpitude, or something extreme like that--they're stuck owing him the rest of his long-term $$$$$ contract if they want to dump him!

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there no buyout? Meaning either can part ways for nothing?

My understanding/recollection is that the no buyout is only if Saban decides to leave; if fired, he collects.

if fired for cause, he gets nothing.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/resource...an-contract.pdf

Why does this keep coming up? The majority of the Alabama fans(and not the ones that post on here) are not upset in anyway with Coach Saban, and he knows this. We have no intention of firing him, and he has no plans for leaving. He knows that we support him, and we show it by showing up for games and any function for which he is a part. The only ones that even mention that he should leave are Auburn fans.

You don't want to admit it, but you would seriously like for this to happen. You are not afraid of him, but you do fear the unknown, and you don't know what he will be able to accomplish before he is finished here.

Georgia had 2 more arrests this week, and I think that brings their total to 6 or 7 this year, but no one on here is calling for Mark Richt's head.

Auburn fans really should just be concerned with their own program, and let all the other schools handle their business. The only time that Auburn is important to us is one day a year. If you beat us, life will go on, and Bama fans will remain Bama fans, so it really in the broad scheme of things won't change a thing.

If Bama wins, life will go on, and that's the last time we have to worry about Auburn for another year.

BS, I talked to a local HS coach, who is a bama fan, just days ago, who had not heard of the arrest. He was very ashamed of what is going on there. He still thinks given a couple of more years uat will be back up to form.

There may not be any uat fans wanting him gone b/c of the off the field troubles, but when he doesn't pile up the Ws this fall, they will be clammering amongst themselves & questioning why the REC forked out so many millions for mediocrity and still getting beat by AUBURN!!

Please, please you should not take our talking about uat as 'concern'. Farthest thing from it! We all could care less about the 'program' there, except praying for it to stay in shambles!! That is what brings a good hardy chuckle when we see some smuck doning his uat gear....wanting to smart off at the beach in FL only b/c he sees someone clad in AU apparel. The uat fan doesn't hide in shame, oh no, he has to be as pig headed and arrogant as ever spouting out nothing, but "row tahd", "12 nashunal champunsips", "may the bear arise to lead us again", crap!!! ALWAYS jumping to the past when the AU fan does nothing but holds up 6 fingers and gives a warm WAR EAGLE! Auburn is important to uat 365/24/7, if roles were reversed there would be a neverending onslaught from the turd nation. So many of the turd nation are band wagoners, i.e. the disappearance of car flags and stickers.

A 7-6 season coupled with a cocaine dealer means the end is near, huh?---did I say that? No and neither did my friend. It is only one peg in the bigger picture of things, including the fact that may athletic employees strongly dislike Saban.

Yep. When I was a kid, I put some blue pegs where it was coded for a red while playing with my LiteBrite...........made one ugly image when you stood back and looked at it.

WDE! ! !

Careful. Talking about the Nip makes me want to start up some Beatdown Coming pics.

Nip??? Beatdown coming???

Yes.....College Football is upon us! :cheer:

Why does this keep coming up? The majority of the Alabama fans(and not the ones that post on here) are not upset in anyway with Coach Saban, and he knows this. We have no intention of firing him, and he has no plans for leaving.

I see that as a problem in itself. How can you not be horribly angry at your coach who came in to bring bama back and has made more of a joke of it since he has been here?

Lost to LaMonroe - check

Highest arrest record in CFB - Check

Racial comments used with media - Check

Waffled on discipline - Check

Lost a 6th game in a row to Auburn - Check

Lost second game in a row to Miss st. - Check

Had football players investigated by the NCAA for violations - Check

Had less than a full calander year to lose 3 assistants - Check

Theres more and the only positive so far and that was a recruiting national championship thats showing some qualifying problems so far.

I can't see how anyone can be happy with the last 17 months. In fact I would be really frustrated and expecting more out of a premiere coach being paid a 1 sided 4 mill contract and given full reign of my program.

Having hope is good, delusional acceptance of poor results is not.

Now wait just a minute here. We have to give credit where credit is due. By damn it, saban does NOT waffle on discipline, he simply doesn't have any to start with.

A 7-6 season coupled with a cocaine dealer means the end is near, huh?---did I say that? No and neither did my friend. It is only one peg in the bigger picture of things, including the fact that may athletic employees strongly dislike Saban.

People like your friend, PT, are the ones that give us the reputation of being terribly impatient. Either he isn't getting his seat at the table or just likes to whine.-- there is another possibility....he is just being truthful.

Either way, I think he's way off base.--hey he is one of yours and I will take his insight over yours anyday unless you can establish some credible credentials even close to his. If you don't respect your own brothers, so be it.

I might lay a wager on the guy who made that comment. He play offensive line, by chance?--You are basing your guess on the assumption I ran into him in Huntsville and that he lives in Huntsville. I didn't say either one.

Well, gee, some athletic employees don't like Saban? We'll never beat anyone now! *snicker*

And I wasn't basing my guess off where he lives. I was basing it off him being a hothead and a loud mouth, the two descriptions this guy fits.

I slack during off season and try and stay out of these. Suprised that some don't seem that concerned about a player dealing drugs outside of Alabama's complex.

Anyone remember what it was that brought Switzer and OU down and the NCAA knocking? Multiple arrests capped off with Charles Thompson dealing cocaine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Thompson_(football)

Mean you can spin it or say what you want, the similarities are there. Assualt's, armed robbery of students, dealings of illegal narcotics. Ya some are arrests due to public intoxication/disturbing the peace type things, but so were some of OU's.

Alabama is not that far removed from their last probation to think this won't be going across the desk of the NCAA.

People like your friend, PT, are the ones that give us the reputation of being terribly impatient. Either he isn't getting his seat at the table or just likes to whine.-- there is another possibility....he is just being truthful.

Either way, I think he's way off base.--hey he is one of yours and I will take his insight over yours anyday unless you can establish some credible credentials even close to his. If you don't respect your own brothers, so be it.

I might lay a wager on the guy who made that comment. He play offensive line, by chance?--You are basing your guess on the assumption I ran into him in Huntsville and that he lives in Huntsville. I didn't say either one.

Well, gee, some athletic employees don't like Saban? We'll never beat anyone now! *snicker*--laugh all you want. You will get it some day. Look at the contrast in the way bear handled a problem and note the emphasis on good relations with others, something Saban doesn't enjoy on a widespread basis. Of course you said you had no idea how bear would handle a problem involving drugs.

And I wasn't basing my guess off where he lives. I was basing it off him being a hothead and a loud mouth, the two descriptions this guy fits.--wow I'm truly impressed with your ability to profile someone based on a post in a message board. But since he is a bama grad and a former FB star I guess you do have a leg up.Actually, your assessment fits most bama grds I know with the exception of FB players. Most former bama FB players I know are pretty nice guys and a few are close friends.

Just guessing here but if I am right it would be fun to see Wincrimson

call him a loudmouth and hothead to his face! :thumbsup:

Well, gee, some athletic employees don't like Saban? We'll never beat anyone now! *snicker*--laugh all you want. You will get it some day. Look at the contrast in the way bear handled a problem and note the emphasis on good relations with others, something Saban doesn't enjoy on a widespread basis. Of course you said you had no idea how bear would handle a problem involving drugs.

And I wasn't basing my guess off where he lives. I was basing it off him being a hothead and a loud mouth, the two descriptions this guy fits.--wow I'm truly impressed with your ability to profile someone based on a post in a message board. But since he is a bama grad and a former FB star I guess you do have a leg up.Actually, your assessment fits most bama grds I know with the exception of FB players. Most former bama FB players I know are pretty nice guys and a few are close friends.

haven't you met win before proud? He is the youngster who knows everything.

Let the Bama insiders worry, they wanted Saban and now they have him. I want one Bama poster on here to openly state that they know Saban had no clue as to what Jimmy Johns was doing. If all these Bama fans and insiders knew and were saying "It was only a matter of time", then how does Saban not know?

As long as this type of incident doesn't happen again (a hard crime like selling cocaine), I think Alabama is fine

I knew Nick Saban was going to raise Alabama's recruiting and I know that eventually Saban will win the SEC at Alabama and make them a team POSSIBLE of winning the SEC once every 2-3 years

But, I also figured that no matter what Saban did, he wouldn't be able to live up to the high, high expectations at Alabama. I am not sure anybody can as they are just not reachable. That isn't a knock on Alabama as I respect them and their fans and their history has been so good that they expect that success again which is a reasonable reason to reach that high

But in today's game, I just don't see that occuring

With that said, I do think Alabama is a possible sleeper for the West this year. But, that is only if JPW gets a mental check and stops having extremely bad games and Bama's OC start coming up with consistent game plans

Auburn with Tubs will always be strong so AU fans shouldn't worry no matter what Saban does

I think Saban will make the AU/UA games return back to Top 5 teams playing each other with the West on the line almost yearly.

Good thing for people like me watching

ProudTiger:

laugh all you want. You will get it some day. Look at the contrast in the way bear handled a problem and note the emphasis on good relations with others, something Saban doesn't enjoy on a widespread basis. Of course you said you had no idea how bear would handle a problem involving drugs.

Taking up for Bryant now? The only times I've ever heard you mention him were all in a negative light -- accusations from a disgruntled alum in a tabloid, hitting the Dickel too hard, etc. And for the record, I never said anything about how he would have handled a problem involving drugs. You must have me confused.

wow I'm truly impressed with your ability to profile someone based on a post in a message board. But since he is a bama grad and a former FB star I guess you do have a leg up.Actually, your assessment fits most bama grds I know with the exception of FB players. Most former bama FB players I know are pretty nice guys and a few are close friends.

If you've met one Chicken Little, you've met them all. The description you provided helped me to provide that image.

This thread is hilarious. I have seen nothing from Nick Saban that even shows hints that he is "still" a good coach or that he is "better today" than he's ever been.

He is 22-23 in his last 3 seasons, and 2 of those he had the best talent he will ever put on the field and he had losing seasons.

How is this indicative of a good coach?

He has let the program get out of control in Tuscaloosa. 10 arrests?

He is 22-23 in his last 3 seasons, and 2 of those he had the best talent he will ever put on the field and he had losing seasons.

If that's not the most misleading statistic ever.

Are you serious? Just because you coach in the NFL doesn't mean your players are as good as your opponents. You know that.

This thread is hilarious. I have seen nothing from Nick Saban that even shows hints that he is "still" a good coach or that he is "better today" than he's ever been.

Spurrier was 19-25 if you combine his two years (both losing seasons) in the NFL and his first season back in NCAA. i guess he is just absolutely HORRIBLE then. CNS first season with the Fins he did not have a losing season, so you may want to check your facts there. he was 9-7. it is almost the dumbest thing i have heard to say "the two years he was in the NFL he had the best talent he will field, and still couldn't win". maybe if he were playing against college teams while in the NFL, you could make that comparison. but obviously the competition was heightened when he went to the NFL and now the competition has bumped down a notch now that he is back in NCAA.

Spurrier was 19-25 if you combine his two years (both losing seasons) in the NFL and his first season back in NCAA. i guess he is just absolutely HORRIBLE then. CNS first season with the Fins he did not have a losing season, so you may want to check your facts there. he was 9-7. it is almost the dumbest thing i have heard to say "the two years he was in the NFL he had the best talent he will field, and still couldn't win". maybe if he were playing against college teams while in the NFL, you could make that comparison. but obviously the competition was heightened when he went to the NFL and now the competition has bumped down a notch now that he is back in NCAA.

Dang.....this coach has all kinds of discipline problems, isn't making any moves to correct them and you defend every aspect of his being as if you worship him. I just don't get it.

Dang.....this coach has all kinds of discipline problems, isn't making any moves to correct them and you defend every aspect of his being as if you worship him. I just don't get it.

the only thing i addressed was the "he's not a good coach because of his last two years of NFL and first year back in NCAA" argument, which is ridiculous.

hoopie, that's just it. They DO worship him, just like they have all the coaches before him. It's what they do. Don't you realize that in their little world of delusion that NO coach they have can do no wrong, that is until they leave for a better program, then they crucify them. In 2-3 years when saban has gone, they'll turn their worship to the next 5th choice savior of their program.

ProudTiger:

laugh all you want. You will get it some day. Look at the contrast in the way bear handled a problem and note the emphasis on good relations with others, something Saban doesn't enjoy on a widespread basis. Of course you said you had no idea how bear would handle a problem involving drugs.

Taking up for Bryant now? The only times I've ever heard you mention him were all in a negative light -- accusations from a disgruntled alum in a tabloid, hitting the Dickel too hard, etc. And for the record, I never said anything about how he would have handled a problem involving drugs. You must have me confused.

wow I'm truly impressed with your ability to profile someone based on a post in a message board. But since he is a bama grad and a former FB star I guess you do have a leg up.Actually, your assessment fits most bama grds I know with the exception of FB players. Most former bama FB players I know are pretty nice guys and a few are close friends.

If you've met one Chicken Little, you've met them all. The description you provided helped me to provide that image.

I showed my friend your posts. He said he would love to meet you sometime and have you say those things to his face. He said a few other things that wouldn't last 30 seconds if I posted them here.:big::big:

Archived