OooooBoy! Top Clinton Donors Meet with McCain Camp

Tigermike

Top Clinton Donors Meet with McCain Camp

By Mark Impomeni

Jul 17th 2008 4:15PM

Filed Under:eHillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John McCain, 2008 President

The Wall Street Journal reports that Carly Fiorina, former Hewlett-Packard CEO and senior adviser to Sen. John McCain, met with a group of 25 prominent supporters and fundraisers for Sen. Hillary Clinton at a private home in Westchester County, NY. The group included several so-called "Hillraisers," each of whom have raised in excess of $100,000 for Clinton's failed primary campaign. The meeting was repeatedly sought by the Hillary supporters and is at least the second such meeting between backers of Clinton and the McCain campaign.

An organizer of the meeting, Amy Siskind, said that the pro-Hillary groups represented pledged to help deliver, "hundreds of thousands and maybe millions of votes," to McCain if the groups find areas of agreement between themselves and his campaign.

News of the meeting will not be comforting to the campaign of Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama, who has been trying to close ranks behind his campaign after a contentious primary season. Clinton has endorsed Obama and has made fund raising and campaign appearances with him. She has also asked her supporters to get behind Obama's campaign. Still, polls show that Obama could lose a portion of Clinton's support in the general election, and the McCain campaign has been trying to exploit the differences between Obama and Clinton's supporters.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008...th-mccain-camp/

By Mark Impomeni

Jul 17th 2008 4:15PM

Filed Under:eHillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John McCain, 2008 President

The Wall Street Journal reports that Carly Fiorina, former Hewlett-Packard CEO and senior adviser to Sen. John McCain, met with a group of 25 prominent supporters and fundraisers for Sen. Hillary Clinton at a private home in Westchester County, NY. The group included several so-called "Hillraisers," each of whom have raised in excess of $100,000 for Clinton's failed primary campaign. The meeting was repeatedly sought by the Hillary supporters and is at least the second such meeting between backers of Clinton and the McCain campaign.

An organizer of the meeting, Amy Siskind, said that the pro-Hillary groups represented pledged to help deliver, "hundreds of thousands and maybe millions of votes," to McCain if the groups find areas of agreement between themselves and his campaign.

News of the meeting will not be comforting to the campaign of Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama, who has been trying to close ranks behind his campaign after a contentious primary season. Clinton has endorsed Obama and has made fund raising and campaign appearances with him. She has also asked her supporters to get behind Obama's campaign. Still, polls show that Obama could lose a portion of Clinton's support in the general election, and the McCain campaign has been trying to exploit the differences between Obama and Clinton's supporters.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2008...th-mccain-camp/

Bama Grad would say that these Dems thinking about voting for a Republican must be racist. B)

News of the meeting will not be comforting to the campaign of Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama, who has been trying to close ranks behind his campaign after a contentious primary season.

It's not comforting to me as a conservative that McCain's camp would find areas of agreement with Hillary's camp.

News of the meeting will not be comforting to the campaign of Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama, who has been trying to close ranks behind his campaign after a contentious primary season.

It's not comforting to me as a conservative that McCain's camp would find areas of agreement with Hillary's camp.

I can understand that thought. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

It's for the greater good. Contrast and compare.

I have no problem with it if they want to support McCain. If Obama wants to win at all costs, then McCain should at least allow those who oppose Obama to get on board.

It's for the greater good. Contrast and compare.

I have no problem with it if they want to support McCain. If Obama wants to win at all costs, then McCain should at least allow those who oppose Obama to get on board.

Understood and agreed. But I still ain't comfortable with it! I'm not comfortable with a McCain presidency in and of itself, but like you said, constrasting and comparing, I'll deal with it.

I understand, and agree.

I have listened and watched all I can stand about Obama. There are very few who I wouldn't vote for over him at this point and time.

Archived